How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2005
front row

I hate my hair - rant thread
Really, it's so horrible at the moment i was wondering what products people could recommend if i said its type.

Well, it's just past my shoulders and in extremely dry condition. I straighten it and blow dry it almost every two days and if i don't do this it just looks awful,yet by doing this its making it worse. (viscious circle ay!)
At the moment it has a semi permenant brown dye on it,but its stopped washing out and just seems to stay a really dull colour now,should i attempt to highlight it?!

Could anyone recommend a really good conditioner or treatment or anything?

13-03-2005
tea time

i love aussie three minute miricale conditioner it really refreshes your hair

and if your constantly straightening your hair you should protect it with a straightening spray. i cant really recommend any because i buy anything. but i did get some new straighteners which are teflon coated which leave my hair in better condition than my old ones which werent. kind of weird really

and i also use frizz ease finishing cream by john freida which conditions the hair and helps repair split ends or something like that but its really nice.

but the trick is to find a product that you like and suits your hair hope that helps

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
13-03-2005
front row

Yeah thats great! I'm going to try that Aussie 3 minute miricle, i've seen it in Boots but never known whether or not to try it. But i shall! I can't really afford new straightners, so i'm just going to look out for a good protective hair spray, i was using tresemme, but it made my hair really dry! And i think i need to get hold of some of that frizz eaze before birds start nesting in my hair!Thanks for your help!

13-03-2005
tea time

glad to be of help

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
14-03-2005
scenester

For dry hair...I've tried all kinds of products, but for luster I still prefer Frizz ease serum...for some reason it just works, and you can use it for shine, smoothing, and styling. I'm lazy, I like having one product that makes it all look better.

14-03-2005
fashion insider

i'm using umberto giannini......i'm finding its getting rid of my frizz and I haven't had a single split end since I used it...

14-03-2005
front row

Right lots to try, this is great thank you! Also i don't fully understand serum i always seem to put it on wrong and it makes my hair all manky. How much and how exactly do you use it?

14-03-2005
fashion insider

i usually just put a pea size dob into my palsm, rub them together quickly to warm it up and then gently smooth it over my hair..I don't do it a lot because it is basically just grease ...

14-03-2005
windowshopping

what's your natural color? dull hair makes me cry, thank god i'm a natural black.
you should use products for colored hair. i use this purple conditioner on my platinum blonde bleached panels too keep it from pulling the orange out.

try not too blow dry and straighten it so much. perhaps put it in a ponytail from time too time, you know? wear a nice hat?
always use product before you play with it tho, that'll protect it from heat damage. go to a salon/spa and ask for a deep conditioning pack, that should do something.

15-03-2005
scenester

Serum is simple as long as you don't use too much ...I use the lite serum, after getting out of the shower(I put a towel on my hair right away), I then immediately pull the towel off and use a drop or two on the ends of my hair. If you use more than a tiny bit it will make the roots look oily..I know you're supposed to put it on evenly but it distributes enough when even brushing it later on so putting it on the ends and letting it sit makes a difference. And then I put my hair back in a towel again until I feel like blow drying it. If you find that serum makes it too oily, that only means that you have put a bit too much on. Initially, it's kinda decieving but it takes only a tiny bit for hair to look great. I hope that helps a lil bit.

Last edited by SweetLove; 15-03-2005 at 03:31 AM.
15-03-2005
front row

Yeah i shall be experimenting with some of that frizz eaze serum tomorrow so i'll do the same as you have and just put it on the ends. My natural hair colour is blonde by the way high class trash, yeah i think i'm going to invest in lots of hats until i find something that works! Are deep conditioning treatments expensive at most salons though? I don't have much money at the moment!

16-03-2005
scenester

good luck, let me know if it works out...I'm hoping for you that it helps...if not, I posted something a few days ago about getting clear gloss which is also a really good idea. I do it all the time.

17-03-2005
V.I.P.

john freida is really good, the frizz ease serum is gud. and so is aussie 3 minute miracle.

Seeing as the colour is bothering you too, maybe you should go to the hairdressers..or a beauty place where they give ur hair like a facial but for hair..i dunno where you get them but, it should feel like your hair is rejuvenated.

I really think u shouldn't be using a straightner so much, if you just can't live without it I highly recomend buying a product that helps fight against heat damage.

17-03-2005
front row

Well! I used the three minute miricle a few days ago and that put my hair in really good condition, yay! And then today i used serum on the ends of my hair and it worked so well, yay again! Thank ye! Acester i'll be sure to look for a place that can do that. I hate sounding so bothered about my hair but having healthy looking hair can really make the difference, dont you think?! Thanks again my hair no longer looks like a birds nest, i shall be safe to walk the streets without having heards of pigeons trying to sit in it!

trendsetter

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, hate, rant, thread