How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2007
rising star

Going to gush about Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum
I usually don't like a hair product enough to write up a review, cause usually while they are capable they never blow my mind, however, theres a first for everything.

After reading that Madonna's hairstylist Andy Lecompte uses just this product on Madge's bleached straw like mane to turn it into something glossy and gorgeous I knew I just had to try it. I've used silicone based products before such as John Frieda's Frizz Eaze Line and lets just say that the Oleo Relax serum blew it out of the water.

I have bleach blonde mid length hair that is quite straw like, as soon as i applied this serum to my hair it totally changed it's texture. The serum itself feels like pure silk and once your hair is coated it feels the same. After a blow dry my hair felt amazing, with a great glossy/healthy shine. After i'd ironed my hair it felt even better, so smooth and shiny and as cheesy as it may sound it looked totally like 'photoshoot hair' lol.

You get a 125ml bottle that should last ages because it's so concentrated you only need the smallest amount, 1 or 2 amounts from the handy pump. One great thing about this product is that It does not weigh hair down, unlike the Frizz Eaze serum, just don't go overboard and use more than stated on the packaging.

You can also use a little bit to finish your hairstyle, giving it a smooth, glossy finish that should keep your hair looking great all night by coating your hair with the palms of yr hands, just don't get too near your roots.

There is no hype or rubbish behind this product, it is the holy grail of hairstyling, I can't imagine any coloured hair/thick hair not benefitting from it. It's expensive at 16 pounds but you get what you pay for I guess.

If you want great hair, get this product, it's as simple as that.

20-05-2007
leave me with your Borneo

this product does work remarkably well! L'oreal used to make a lower end (non-salon) version of this that i'd use religiously (because i could never find Kerastase around where i live) and it made my hair shiny and smooth. i'm not sure if it did anything to treat rough ends, because nothing ever really can, but it certainly did prevent a lot of tangling and snagging that otherwise would have caused more damage.

it's silicone-based but not so thick and heavy as the John Frieda versions. good stuff.

20-05-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtag View Post
this product does work remarkably well! L'oreal used to make a lower end (non-salon) version of this that i'd use religiously (because i could never find Kerastase around where i live) and it made my hair shiny and smooth. i'm not sure if it did anything to treat rough ends, because nothing ever really can, but it certainly did prevent a lot of tangling and snagging that otherwise would have caused more damage.

it's silicone-based but not so thick and heavy as the John Frieda versions. good stuff.
Oh totally, the only thing that can fix damaged hair is to have it cut, BUT, what this serum does is give it the 'appearance' of gorgeous, shiny hair. Hey we all have to cheat right ?

20-05-2007
leave me with your Borneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinyo View Post
Oh totally, the only thing that can fix damaged hair is to have it cut, BUT, what this serum does is give it the 'appearance' of gorgeous, shiny hair. Hey we all have to cheat right ?
exactly! my hair was so long and bleached-out, and this stuff made it look so healthy and so much easier to style. really remarkable stuff.

31-05-2007
windowshopping

I'm so going to buy this, the shampoo as well. My hair is a frizzy mess!

11-06-2007
front row

Ok, I got so convinced by chillinyo that I went and bought Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum today. Gonna use it later on!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) http://www.myspace.com/74783036
10-07-2007
front row

kerastase is amazing. i reccomend the oleo-relax shampoos and the oleum-fusion salon treatment for anyone with anything, pretty much. if you you ask your stylist they will be able to help you pick the right stuff. it is pricy but there is a good chance that you will lose your mind over how good your hair feels.

11-07-2007
Heartbeat

has anyone tried Kerastase Nutritive Lait Nutri-Sculpt?

13-07-2007
Alluring

My bottle of Kerastase Bain Gommage has just ended, but I'm really thinking of bying the next one, this shampoo is wonderful, I love it!

03-08-2007
Heartbeat

im so happy to be reunited with Kerastase, my hair is picky..it only likes products that break the bank. i bought the Nutritive Lait Nutri-Sculpt which is a light leave-in conditioner for when you blow dry, im excited to try it today! i havent yet since i usually air dry.

05-08-2007
Heartbeat

okay im in love with the Lait Nutri-Sculpt! its like hair lotion, its not greasy at all, very lightweight and makes my hair feel really soft and manageable and tames the ends.. it doesnt have any hold to it which is exactly what i wanted.

08-12-2007
In Bloom

My mom is getting me Bain Satin 1, Lait Vital and Masquintense Fins for christmas, can't wait

we were in love

12-12-2007
windowshopping

i absolutely swear by it, i alternate between age recharge and bain de force shampoo and i use the ciment anti-usure conditioner

i also love the heat activated ciment thermique - it makes my hair feel amazing.

24-12-2007
backstage pass

CHILLINYO!!!
Thank you for that wonderful review...I already spied a bit on my Christmas gift, and there's a kerastase bag for me (everyone knows in my family that I'm obssesed with it) and Santa brought me the serum
so I cannot wait to try it!!!

I think I've already used like 6 of their differents products, and they all work like miracles...
everybody is talking about their prices to be too high, but come on! I spent 30 dollars on the nutridefense mascara, and it last like 4 months!
and I use it one time per week, they usually recommend you to use it every 2 weeks, but my hair really needs to glow

trendsetter

where can i get this? i've been all over town today but i cant see to find it anywhere here in stockholm.. and in less than 4 weeks im going to new york and i'm hoping ill find it there :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kerastase