How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2008
backstage pass

its not a product...certain salons deep condition your hair with kerastase products....im not sure exactly which products they use but im assuming its something kerastase made just for deep conditioning. im getting it done next week so ill give more details after

25-06-2008
In Bloom

I wonder if my hair person does that...I really want to try it, please do tell when yuo get it done

we were in love

25-06-2008
backstage pass

^ok...ill let you know if and how it worked as soon as i get it done

23-07-2008
catch me if you can

I ususally get the Kerastase deep conditioning treatment once a month. It really has kept my hair very healthy and also helps with humidity. They use the Oleo Relax deep conditioner every time and put me under the steamer for about 20 mins. I reccomend this treatment!

front row

I have shoulder length very fine, thick hair that has some minor damage from coloring it over 6 months ago and more damage from daily heat styling (and frequently shampooing twice a day). My hair is weighed down pretty easily... I'm having a hard time figuring out what shampoo would work best for every day. Leaning towards Bain de Force. Any advice?

08-05-2009
In Bloom

Maybe Volumactive? I'm going to try it myself... And then use ciment anti-usure for the heat styling. But you really don't need to shampoo twice a day

we were in love

09-05-2009
front row

Yeah, it's because I work out frequently. After consulting with a hairdresser I wound up getting Bain Satin 1, Ciment Anti-Usure and Masquintense for fine hair. She assessed my hair as being not that damaged so I guess I was overreacting. So far the shampoo and masquintense have already made a significant improvement. My hair air-dried beautifully which was a nice change.

09-05-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Blonde View Post
Could anyone share their opinon about Kérastase's pink Reflection products for coloured hair? It doesn't matter if it is shampoo, conditioner, hair mask or styling cremes.
i've tried the chroma riche softening essence, which is a serum, its makes hair so soft and shiny--you only need a little too--its beautiful product..they say that kerastase products work best in conjuction with each other (bit of a marketing gimmick perhaps..however, ive bought into it haha i use bain de force, ciment anti-usure, ciment thermique, the softening essence , and have used masquintense but have just bought the forceintense treatment which im dying to use!! hence me having a hole in my bank account but really nice hair

10-05-2009
front row

update: I styled my hair after using the Bain Satin 1 and Anti-Usure and the difference is a miracle of modern science. I thought about all the things I would give up in order to afford this stuff while I dried my hair. and I kinda jumped up and down afterwards. it was strange because my hair had the weirdest crunchy texture when it was still wet but I put some CHI silk infusion on the ends and since finishing styling my hair is like how it was when it was virgin! I've never been this blown away by any cosmetic/hair product. ever. can't recommend it highly enough.

10-05-2009
In Bloom

Bain Satin 1 is really harsh on my scalp, the bain de force isn't...strange. But I still don't think it's necessary to wash your hair two times a day, working out or not. I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week, and my hair (and scalp) have never been better. I haven't had a haircut in 1.5 years, but noone can tell

I am going to get a haircut (promise!) next week, and I'm running out of Bain de force and Bain Satin 1. I think I'll get Volumactive, Bain de Force and Anti-Usure...just in case my scalp doesn't like Volumactive. This shop is dead-cheap, and they ship really quick, I've always been happy with their stuff http://hairloss1.introweb.nl/cgi-bin...t/catalog/1062

we were in love

10-05-2009
front row

You're right... I would love to wash my hair only 1-2 times a week. I don't think that's possible but maybe get it down to every other day. Since it is so fine I'm concerned that it'll get weighed down and gross looking but I want to try it. I'm sure overwashing my hair is the most damaging thing I've done to it.

11-05-2009
windowshopping

I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week, and my hair (and scalp) have never been better. I haven't had a haircut in 1.5 years, but noone can tell

i totally agree depending on you r hair type--i also only was it 1-2 times a week and admittedly i havent cut my hair for over 6 months and no one can tell either! i dont know what it is but kerastase is the best thing ive ever done for my hair

11-05-2009
scenester

Has anyone used the Bain de Age? And which shampoo, conditioner and products would you suggest for thick hair and a sensitive scalp? I've been using Aveda but I don't think it's working for me...

11-05-2009
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomer View Post
You're right... I would love to wash my hair only 1-2 times a week. I don't think that's possible but maybe get it down to every other day. Since it is so fine I'm concerned that it'll get weighed down and gross looking but I want to try it. I'm sure overwashing my hair is the most damaging thing I've done to it.
Your scalp gets used to it after a while, and then your hair won't get greasy or get weighed down... I have really fine hair, good ol' Scandinavian (=no volume at all) so I know where you're coming from.

we were in love

12-05-2009
fashion insider

i want to buy one of the conditioners that comes in a jar. can anyone suggest the type for semi-thick/wavy hair?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kerastase