How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2009
THE STRANGER

Time to bring back this thread. What are some other must-try products from Kerastase?

09-12-2009
windowshopping

bain satin 2 and lait vital are the best!! and they lasted for 8 months!!
i had really dry hair but after using this they are shiny and soft and they look so healthy - so i can recommend these 2 to anyone with dry hair

12-12-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
Time to bring back this thread. What are some other must-try products from Kerastase?
My favourites are the Bain Satin shampoo and the Oleo Relax Serum

scenester

I need your help! After reading the 9 pages of this thread, I'm thinking of trying some Kerastase products. My hair is really damaged and dry from so many previous dye experiences, what shampoo/serum/masque should I buy?

30-12-2009
rising star

If it's really damaged i'd suggest Kerastase masquintense for deep conditioning, thats kinda the wonder product. Your hair will feel nearly brand new just after using it

Two others that I used when I was bleach blonde were the Thermique leave in treatment from the Resistance range and also the Bain De Force shampoo from the same range.

Both of these products help to strengthen your hair/ add protein but just make sure that you don't keep using the products all the time as they can make your hair more brittle. Use up the bottle and then move onto something else in the product range that is more conditioning, like anything from the Nutritive range.

03-01-2010
fashion insider

hey everyone! read this whole thread.. really excited to pick up the kerastase ciment thermique, masquintense, and the serum oleo relax. just had my hair highlighted and it's super dry again i haven't highlighted it for a year but i have been highlighting it since high school.. soo for the past 9 years it's been chemically abused.. badly! i even had it straight permed when i was in high school even though my hair was already straight. and it turned out SO brittle and i had to wait 3 years for it to grow out.

anyway my hair is healthy again but now that the highlights are on it's tangled and dry i cant wait to try this stuff!!!!

anyone know where i can buy this in the US? ive seen some at target, but not too many choices. i also dont wanna buy it at the salon or online (i'm too impatient right now!)

03-01-2010
fashion insider

went to target and they only had 2 products from the nutritive line.. the masquintense was $55 so i didn't wanna get it. this woman in the target aisle kept raving about kerastase so i'm REALLY anxious to buy the ciment thermique. luckily she told me they sell the whole line at this salon... but the salon isn't open tomorrow! just my luck!

07-01-2010
catch me if you can

Wow I have never seen it at Target before. I have a few local salons I go to or usually buy on ebay.

rising star

I've tried looking on their website, but wasn't able to find out - do their shampoos have sulfates in them? I'm trying to find a reputable, quality brand that uses them, but a lot of salon brands seem to contain it.

08-01-2010
scenester

What's the best shampoo for damaged/non volume hair? bain de force (resistance) or bain satin (nutritive)??

09-01-2010
front row

^I have fine damaged hair and I tried the bain satin and didn't rate it all - was disappointed.

I tried the bain de force and that was much better. I also used the ciment antiusure conditioner with it which I loved. My hair usuall gets tangled when it's wet and needs combing but this conditioner left it detangled and didn't need combing.

I also use the ciment thermique which leaves my hair feeling and looking the best is has for years.

09-01-2010
scenester

Thank you so much, cate-lola! I just buy the Bain de force and the Masquintense

10-01-2010
tfs star

reminded me to buy the masquintense for fine hair, we'll see how it works ...

10-01-2010
fashion insider

ooh yay, can't wait to hear more reviews on masquintense. i also wanna try bain de force shampoo and ciment antiusure conditioner!! my hair is fine/oily/flat/damaged

just used the ciment thermique once and my hair looked/felt silky. it hasn't looked this way in years! especially after i just bleached it and dyed it my question is, do you have to use heat afterwards for it to work? i usually air dry my hair after a shower.

10-01-2010
THE STRANGER

^In my experience, not necessarily, though the effects are more immediate if you expose it to heat. I'm glad you like the Ciment Thermique btw. It is really a lifesaver

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kerastase