How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2006
fashion elite

so boring! i love long hair, but layered!

03-05-2007
tfs star

ive always had really long hair from the age of around 5 or something like that. i love it and everyone knows me for my long hair, i had it cut into a very short style when i was about 8 and i hated it so have grown it ever since, i love it but sometimes, i want to cut it and experiment, i have no idea what i need to make me hair nice. everything i have i get bored of

05-05-2007
tfs star

I have it layered, but that reaaaaaaaaaaly doesn't work for me.
It should be like on the pictures, so I'm letting it grow.
That works best for me.
I have a long forehead and a wide face with prominent cheekbones and full lips. All cuts look weird on me when I have them. Especially bangs!
Can't have bangs because my face looks like a pudding then..layers are falling weird..short cuts make me look like my head is a football..

I wish it was one length again. I have a natural wave in it.

I like it on the 7th picture.

10-05-2007
backstage pass

I only think it works if your hair is a little wavy...if it is straight it looks boring.

17-05-2007
fashion icon

i love it, ive been letting my hair grow out.. but hair grows sooo sloww

Midnight blooms.........

I have very long wavy hair down to my butt and it used to have no layers like that, but it just hung there lifelessly so I layered it.

windowshopping

it depends on how much people maintain their hair, actually. i know this girl with natural red hair, but it's WAY too long & frizzy & doesn't do anything for her..i itch to tell her to cut it a little shorter, layer & maybe put some highlights..

14-06-2007
front row

Yeah i agree Fashhhioned, i think that style hair can look gorgeous, but it's usually most eye catching to me when the hair is thick so has alot of volume and looks very healthy. If it just hangs lifeless it can look really dull unfortounetly! It also looks stunning when the ends are slightly curled, that looks really feminine.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reseneace View Post
Yeah i agree Fashhhioned, i think that style hair can look gorgeous, but it's usually most eye catching to me when the hair is thick so has alot of volume and looks very healthy. If it just hangs lifeless it can look really dull unfortounetly! It also looks stunning when the ends are slightly curled, that looks really feminine.
i totally agree! the healthiness is the most important thing for me. hate it when hair is just frizzy and dull

17-06-2007
backstage pass

I agree with you! If the hair is healthy and shiny, it looks great if you have the right features for it (soft ones, in my opinion).

19-06-2007
trendsetter

i love it when some girls or boys have this. Very hippy i dont think its boring at all, Everyones had far too many feathered layers, which i think looks pretty bad on a lot of people.

backstage pass

True, everybody here has their hair layered, so I really try to avoid layers to be more original, lol.

24-12-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxilovepinkxx View Post
ive always had really long hair from the age of around 5 or something like that. i love it and everyone knows me for my long hair, i had it cut into a very short style when i was about 8 and i hated it so have grown it ever since, i love it but sometimes, i want to cut it and experiment, i have no idea what i need to make me hair nice. everything i have i get bored of
It's almost the same for me !

My hair goes to the end of my back, so it's very long, and I've got a straight brown hair. I cut it two times in my life, when I was 9 and when I was 14, and I always have regretted it.
So I keep it long. Sometimes I'm afraid I still look like a little girl whereas I am 19 but my long hair is kind of part of my personnality and I don't know what other hairstyle would suit me and would be part of my style.
So I keep it. Sometimes I want to cut everything but I know I won't do it because I'll always regret ...

What do you do, with your long hair, not to be "hair-boring" ?

29-12-2008
In Bloom

Long hair is boring. It's flat and dull no matter how often you get your ends trimmed. I want to have my hair just an inch under my shoulder the next time I get a haircut.

we were in love

30-12-2008
leave me with your Borneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennaliann View Post
What do you do, with your long hair, not to be "hair-boring" ?
my favorite thing to do when i had ultra long hair was a long fishtail braid, or even one on each side of the head. they are so beautiful and ethereal when done messily:

hairboutique.com

here are some instructions on how to fishtail..
.. and here are some instructions for the inverted fishtails in the image above.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, length, long