How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-07-2006
front row

Long, one length hair
style:

so you think this will catch on?

pictures all from style.com

Last edited by Hipkitten; 07-07-2006 at 08:25 AM.

02-07-2006
backstage pass

I hope not, it's quite boring. I see so many girls with long hair that just hangs there and does nothing for their looks. If this was also the "trendy" style to have...

02-07-2006
vertebrae by vertebrae

I wouldn't ever have this kind of hairstyle but I find that it does suit many people. It really depends imo. It can look fab or it can look incredibly boring as well.

03-07-2006
fashion icon

It's true it doesn't suit everybody and it can be pretty boring however i think it suits me well but my stpd hairdresser can't understand i want simple long, one length with full bangs. She messed up my hair last time i almost cried. She said this simple style i want is not trendy. -.-"" Why do i have to be trendy??!!

03-07-2006
front row

I personally prefer the layered look, thank you very much.

07-07-2006
fashion insider

I think this hairstyle looks good on certain people....I think if you have really strong facial features like a noticeable nose or something like that, the hair might highlight your nose even more (which might be a good/bad thing).

IMO, if I could get around to growing my hair that long (without layering it) I'd wear it that way. I like this look very much

Wasn't this a fashion trend four years ago? I remember it was popular among Avril Lavigne wannabes

fashion elite

The girl in the 7th pic with the short white summery dress looks gorgeous with that hairstye and the first one(Raquel Zimmermann) is gorgeous even bald. Kate Moss used to wear it similar, but a bit layered at the front just like Sienna Miller(hers was even more layered). I prefer that look.

Though the only one thing that is repeated show after show is the hair parted in the middle.

windowshopping

i have hair like that . . . .i really hate it because it is so boring. fortunately i have gotten some bangs cut (ala irina) and i am going to my stylist soon to get some more layers. i think it can look good, but if you want your style to have personality, do something more edgy

07-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette
The girl in the 7th pic with the short white summery dress looks gorgeous with that hairstye and the first one(Raquel Zimmermann) is gorgeous even bald. Kate Moss used to wear it similar, but a bit layered at the front just like Sienna Miller(hers was even more layered). I prefer that look.

Though the only one thing that is repeated show after show is the hair parted in the middle.
That's exactly what I thought too. I love this this style sans the "rebonded" / flat straight look. My hair is something like that now except it's probably a good 4 inches shorter. The hairstylists I go to always recommend rebonding but I'd rather die than do that. I like my natural slight waves thank you very much.

Layering ... it makes my hair even more flyaway and I look messy. My hair is much more manageable this way. And it's easier to put up as well without the strands coming loose.

And I part my hair on different sides almost everyday ... right, center, left....

Last edited by Bluestar07; 07-07-2006 at 09:19 PM.
04-08-2006
trendsetter

I like it very much. Maybe because it is boring, I don't know. I'd like to do it myself. Except my wavy hair kind of gives the illusion of layers.

04-08-2006
scenester

My hair has been like this for so long. I'm starting to get very bored with it and plan on getting some layers cut into it soon and maybe even some bangs. In general, though, I really like the look. I love long, simple, straight hair.

04-08-2006
backstage pass

It looks good on some people and incredibly boring on others. On myself I prefer tons and tons of layers but I've always kind of wished I could go long and one length.

04-08-2006
rising star

I actually would go for long one length hair if i could, but its hard getting there since everytime i get a cut, they layer the bangs to keep the style, growing out the bangs is such a long process so i dont want to bother

04-08-2006
windowshopping

I love having really long, one-length hair as it shows off the colour and shine better than other styles, I think. My hair is naturally black and very thick. I take extremely good care of it - there's nothing more awful than ratty split-ends! It's almost bum-length now, so I use a lot of deep conditioners and get trims regularly.

That ninja smiley is cute.

04-08-2006
backstage pass

I have it also - mine is naturally wavy and I love it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, length, long