How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-03-2005
scenester

Messy/ Sexy HairStyles?? In or out
I realized the other day that I forgot one of my favorite things to do with my hair...besides blow drying it straight because my hair needs a break from the blow dryer and the iron. I like the look I get from braiding my hair in pigtails while it's wet, letting it dry with some Biosilk Silk Lotion on...and then taking the braids out for a messy ends look with the top of my hair being mainly smooth. Is this even in fashion? It ends up being a messy/wavy look. I'm just curious if anyone else does this. I know it was popular a few years ago, and I think reviving it is the only way to give my hair a break. Does anyone else do this?

24-03-2005
V.I.P.

I've used the braid trick in the past. I like it. Funny you say this, b/c I just realized this morning that I seem to have forgotten about waves, too. My curling iron hasn't been used in ages. I've been going for a straight volumed look achieved w/ oversized velcro rollers. Anyhow, to answer your question - IMO, mess/sexy hairstyles are in, in, in!! Always! Who doesn't want to be sexy?

24-03-2005
windowshopping

I love the "Messy style" it is cute and sexy!
I totally agree Who desen't want to be sexy???

24-03-2005
V.I.P.

Well based on the F/W 05 and S/S 05 shows, the messy hair look was very present. Mine is naturally messy when I wake up. It's very easy to do since you don't really need to do anything. And I don't like messy hair that looks too "done", naturally messy is very beautiful.

A few examples of natural looking messy hair (great thread by the way):

Hussein Chalayan F/W 05

Alessandro Dell'Acqua F/W 05

style.com

24-03-2005
front row

I think the messy look will always be in--I let my hair air dry during the week and kind of scrunch it so it'll be wavy/messy. It's a nice break from drying and straightening.

24-03-2005
Frozen irony.

Long healthy messy, sexy " I just got out of the bed hair" is super HOT!

Guys love It and It's such a summer thing, nothing is more beautiful than that.

I wish I had long hair.

24-03-2005
barcode

It's a gorgeous look, but it's got to have the right balance of messy and done to work well. Those Dell'Acqua photos Kimkhuu posted are a great example, and then there's the more extreme version of sexy/messy hair.....

Gucci s/s 03

photos: FirstView.com

Dior and McQueen all did a much more wearable version of it this season as well...

Last edited by Spike413; 24-03-2005 at 07:50 PM.
24-03-2005
|/mirror queen\|

I have long wavy/curly hair and i like to sleep with my hair when itīs not dry yet.
As i am not standing up, the gravity doesnīt pull the hair down and it dries while iīm sleeping.
When i wake up the hair is so great!!! I just have to shake it and itīs done.

If i want i can scrunch it a bit more using some sort of hair cream or wax to "fix" the messiness.

24-03-2005
blue

i love the whole messy bed head thing...
but i cant pull it off with my thick black asian hair...

25-03-2005
front row

i really love that look! i love the wavy look you get from having your hair braided and then taken out except my hair doesn't hold it for longer than a few hours. i'm thinking of getting a body wave, i want my hair to look naturally wavy not curly though, kind of like those cute japanese girls, i suppose? has anyone ever had it done? and what were the results?

25-03-2005
V.I.P.

I LOVE THAT LOOK it's totally hot..but is it still in I read in vogue or bazaar or something that it was out???

25-03-2005
V.I.P.

I have been going for this look (well generally it's unintentional) for as long as I can remember, because I often go to bed after I've taken a shower and my hair is still damp. I rarely ever have time to brush my hair in the morning, so they really are "naturally messy". But I really don't recommend doing what I do to anyone because after a well, all of my hair is crumpled up at a few places and it gets so messy, I can't even comb through my hair.

But it's all under control, well for the moment, since I try to use a bit more conditionner and comb my hair with some on, while I am in the shower.

28-03-2005
front row

Who cares if its not "in" ?? its convenient because it spares up a nice trip to the salon or several hours of drying and straightening. the big plus is that IT REALLY IS SEXY. whether ur going out to dinner, or ur going to school in the morning, i think its great! best part about it: its low maintanence! unless u wanna go for the extra volume look...that looks like u have to spend a dreadful amount of hours with rollers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hairstyles, messy or, sexy