How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2010
rising star

Ahh ok I just didn't know about the tanning oil bit, I guess its not sun protection as well...
Ohh I'm going on the 7th! I didn't realise there was a car race going on beforehand... any advice from a local on where to go/where to avoid? haha you can pm me if you want so we don't go off topic!

16-03-2010
Deep Red Bells

Just got some at my last hair appt and I love it.
It's amazing how it can give your hair such shine without make it at all oily or greasy.
In fact I think it helps to make kind of dirty hair look much cleaner.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I've been using Moroccanoil Hair Oil since the first day I received it in the mail and I'm in It adds a lot of depth and shine to my hair, and I was surprised that it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I have quite fine hair (but a lot of it), also it smells like easter eggs

Deep Red Bells

^ B I was totally with you up until the easter egg part.
I think it smells like a sexy and musky man.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Really? Maybe it's the difference in brands? I use the Moroccanoil brand... It's very chocolatey!

THE STRANGER

Has anyone tried Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a hot oil treatment? How does it compare to Moroccan Oil?

20-03-2010
Deep Red Bells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
Really? Maybe it's the difference in brands? I use the Moroccanoil brand... It's very chocolatey!
I use the same brand. I guess I'm no bloodhound.

rising star

Moroccan Oil For Gorgeous Hair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YRzw7m6sZI

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
I use the same brand. I guess I'm no bloodhound.
Or maybe you just sniff some yummy musty smelling men

front row

Absolutely love this product. Highly recommend it. I have rather dry frizzy, virgin hair. I live in Arizona (desert climate & hard water have taken their toll) Moroccan Oil and an aggressive trim have restored it to its former glory. Seriously, this stuff is amazing.

17-07-2010
trendsetter

omg i absolutely LOVE argan oil! it's the bestest thing i've discovered for my crazy bleached, dry and damaged frizzy hair the one i use is by "one n only" and it's available in salons. i'm not sure how much they charge but i buy mine from the beauty supply store for $10. the smell is amazing and it's so much better than "the original" morrocan oil that sells for $35-$40

source:flatironexperts.com

windowshopping

Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme
I have curly hair, so I use the following in conjunction with the Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme.
DevaCurl No-poo once a week to shampoo my hair, then I use DevaCurl One Condition every 2 days when I wet my hair for a conditioner wash.I comb it out when it's full of conditioner with a wide tooth comb then I rinse out all of the conditioner with cold water.

When I get out of the shower I DO NOT ring my hair out. It has to be sopping wet. I'll then divide my hair into 3 sections and work about 3 quarter sized pumps of the Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme into each section with my fingers. Then I use a towel to sop up any excess water and let my hair air dry to look like the first picture, or I mess with it when it's dry to look like the second picture.

I've used tons of different products, from KMS to Cantu but nothing works better than Moroccan Oil! It makes my hair feel healthy and nourished but not oily. It's not crunchy and it has an excellent flexible hold because my curls spring back when pulled. The bottle lasts me about 2-3 months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg make-up test.jpg (57.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg fluffy hair.jpg (54.4 KB, 1 views)

17-01-2011
windowshopping

I know all about the chemistry of hair and products, I've been working on them for a while. I have to be honest with all of you the MoroccanOil brand (the brown bottle with the bluish aqua writing and accents) is a real bunch of crap! I hope you all realize that it is basically L'Oreal's (yes, they own it) way of competing with Farouk Chi's Biosilk. Try reading the ingredients of MorrocanOil and you'll see that it is essentially only silicones with a very small amount of argan oil and some olive oil and water to dilute it. Real argan oil is super expensive and is currently under protection by UNESCO. If you can afford the real stuff, it's amazing or else you can always use fractionated coconut oil or if your hair can handle it - ricebran oil. They are much more natural and safer alternatives. There is practically no Argan oil in MoroccanOil. The only reason why it's everywhere is because L'Oreal shells out the bigbucks to have it promoted and marketed just about anywhere. There are much more quality-oriented products on the market for the same price. Do your research and get smart people.

03-11-2011
I don't know

^It works brilliantly for me so maybe I need the chemicals.

About the virgin olive oil treatment - A friend did it and it's really good if you have severely damaged hair. It doesn't magically fix it but doing the treatment a few times will improve it greatly.

03-11-2011
rising star

Just so you all realize,

There are two different things here so maybe we could clarify. The brand "Moroccan Oil" is a mix of the oil and also some silicones.

Then there is 100% pure oil to use for consumption, skin, hair, etc.

I use the pure oil on my skin and love how light it is and absorbs right in. I also have the oil and silicone mixture for my hair that's quite nice, and sometimes use the pure oil on my hair as a treatment.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
argan, moroccan, oil, tree