How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2011
windowshopping

The problem with the Argan oil is the find it 100% pure!! Many company claims that their Argan are pure but unfortunately they are mixed with different oil or silicon as Argan oil is as expensive as GOLD!
I have been using Argan from wildwoodgroves, Loved it! but find it too expensive as I cant afford to buy 100ml every month! They are very expensive but worth it, then I found a seller on Ebay who's Argan is has good as wildwoodgroves but MUCH MUCH cheaper and gave the same result ! I have ordered an other 3 for my mum and I will let you how it goes for her !
Thank you for letting me post !
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

04-12-2011
scenester

Yeah, 100% pure argan oil is very expensive. Currently, I'm using an argan oil mix by One 'n Only, and even though it isn't 100% pure, I still like it. I just started using it a couple weeks ago, and my hair is so soft. I bought two at ULTA because they were having a a buy one, get one half off promotion, and paid about 19 dollars for the two bottles.

20-01-2012
windowshopping

After my moroccoan oil and one n only argan oil is finished, I'll buy the 100% argan oil and hold a comparison.

28-03-2012
trendsetter

I have a big bottle of the Moroccanoil brand kind of oil that is almost empty. I find it hard to use leave-in conditioner style after I wash my hair since my hair is very fine and straight so if I have a fraction of a mililiter too much on my hands, it gets too heavy and greasy. But I LOVE it to use as a mask before washing. I have terrible split ends b/c I don't get my hair cut as often as I should, but this helps me in between hair appointments. I just slather it on, comb it through, and bun my hair for a good 30-60 minutes before showering maybe once a week.

My question is: Can I use pure olive oil from the kitchen in the same way? Just slather on 2 or 3 generous dime-sized drops, comb it through, and leave it as a mask once a week before washing?

I am only asking because olive oil is cheaper. Even the good cold-pressed, extra virgin organic olive oil would be cheaper than the Moroccanoil ounce for ounce. Plus it wouldn't contain any of those silicones or other chemicals that apparently the hair product contains. What do you think? Any experience or expert advice is much appreciated. TIA.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin View Post
I have a big bottle of the Moroccanoil brand kind of oil that is almost empty. I find it hard to use leave-in conditioner style after I wash my hair since my hair is very fine and straight so if I have a fraction of a mililiter too much on my hands, it gets too heavy and greasy. But I LOVE it to use as a mask before washing. I have terrible split ends b/c I don't get my hair cut as often as I should, but this helps me in between hair appointments. I just slather it on, comb it through, and bun my hair for a good 30-60 minutes before showering maybe once a week.

My question is: Can I use pure olive oil from the kitchen in the same way? Just slather on 2 or 3 generous dime-sized drops, comb it through, and leave it as a mask once a week before washing?

I am only asking because olive oil is cheaper. Even the good cold-pressed, extra virgin organic olive oil would be cheaper than the Moroccanoil ounce for ounce. Plus it wouldn't contain any of those silicones or other chemicals that apparently the hair product contains. What do you think? Any experience or expert advice is much appreciated. TIA.
My experience with olive oil is that it's basically impossible to rince off, it really doesn't give you a clean finish after the mask. I would not recommend it, or maybe just on the hair ends.

I buy pure argan oil from an organic pharmacy store online, it's really unexpensive compared to Morocannoil.

31-03-2012
trendsetter

^^ Thanks for the warning! and the tip on where to get a deal on argan oil.

V.I.P.

has anyone tried the morrocoan oil hairspray and other hair styling products?
i thought they might be a good entry level product.

Making a Mess

^ lucy, I haven't personally but my hairdresser uses the Moroccan Oil hairspray and loves it . I've used the Moroccan Oil in the past and really liked it so I imagine their other hair products are quite good as well.

trendsetter

my hair is in awful condition, and i have been trying to find as many reviews as poss about Moroccan Oil brand (as many have previously said, pure Argan Oil seems to be incredibly expensive).

i have seen some reviews on youtube (namely amodelrecommends) who suggested the lee stafford version, but i'm not all too convinced... i've tried his products in the past and hated them. plus, considering all these oils are meant to be so expensive, i can't completely trust that his is the purest (considering the price), and instead has 0.0001% oil in it - is this my snobbery talking??

A champagne supernova in the sky
30-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharrrina View Post
I buy pure argan oil from an organic pharmacy store online, it's really unexpensive compared to Morocannoil.
I know I should have asked before, but do you mind giving us a link (if that is within tFS rules) or just telling us the name of the website? Thank you.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin View Post
I know I should have asked before, but do you mind giving us a link (if that is within tFS rules) or just telling us the name of the website? Thank you.
Try eBay!!! I get mine from a user named realargan, he sold over 3000 bottles and his reviews/reviews are amazing! You can also try whole food.
I have tried soooo many brand( Argan organic oil) to find the best quality as unfortunately a lot of seller pretend to sell real Argan but it mixed with silicone&parfum.
Posted via Mobile Device

28-07-2012
backstage pass

i love products by seliar , they r woth argan oil and they r really great, and since i started usuing them( its been like 3 weeks) i have got a lot of compliments.

28-07-2012
V.I.P.

does moroccan oil help with split-ends?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
does moroccan oil help with split-ends?
well with split ends u just have to cut them, go once a month or once in two months just to cut them and have them nice and healthy, cause really i do not know if other people but i so look at other people's split ends.

split ends just happen i guess everyone gest them once in a while.

28-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ Absolutely.

I hardly ever remember to use Moroccan oil (has been stored in my bathroom for almost two years) and recently I had a lot of split ends and decided to 'smooth' them by giving this another try.. and no, it didn't work , it actually made my hair intolerable even when braided just for the night. Only now I'm starting to feel my hair A LOT smoother after cutting those ends and applying Moroccan oil on a regular basis during the night. Then again, it's probably 60% due to the much-needed trim..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
argan, moroccan, oil, tree