How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-12-2006
fashion icon

So here are 2 products from bumble and bumble:
first pic is bumble and bumble gloss
and second the Bb shine

(hqhair.com)

30-12-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionJunkie

So here are 2 products from bumble and bumble:
first pic is bumble and bumble gloss
and second the Bb shine

(hqhair.com)
Is this available to people in the UK?

Although, I am off to NYC on Weds'...so I should be able to buy it there...maybe?

Last edited by MulletProof; 14-01-2007 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Do not quote images, please. See TFS Guidelines for more info.
30-12-2006
fashion icon

^ i order my skin care products from hqhair.com, which is a uk site. You can order them from there. They have loads of brands that i can't find in Greece, like dermalogica, bumble and bumble, mario badescu, philosophy and more. Check it out...

trendsetter

Could someone post pictures of their results? Or know where I could find some?

06-01-2007
V.I.P.

There's this new John Frieda product that is supposed to refresh your natural hair colour and make your hair glossy. They call it glazing, though.

johnfrieda.com

"Glazing is a process that’s been offered in professional salons for years to optimize the look and feel of dull, faded, lifeless hair. In fact, if you’ve ever gotten your hair colored at a salon, chances are you’ve had a glaze done.

Luminous Color Glaze™ delivers the results of a professional salon glaze, right in the shower. In just 3 minutes, you can give your hair a complete makeover, effortlessly."

Has anyone tried it?

trendsetter

^If it's cheaper than Sebastian Colourshines and I can find it at the store, I'll see if I can't try it this weekend.

06-01-2007
V.I.P.

^ It's about 10€ in Germany, I think.

trendsetter

I got it today. It was 8 or 9 USD. I bought the darkest shade, hoping it would make my hair darker.

The instructions say to use it daily after shampoo & conditioner. It has subtle color in it, which supposedly will intensify after every use. You leave it on atleast three minutes then rinse.

I didn't want to wash my hair again tonight so I tried it on a small strand. After using it I couldn't tell the difference between that and the rest of my hair. (Although I did use a syrum on the rest of my hair, and the test strand I did not. I don't know if that would have made a difference.)

I'm hoping that it will deepen my hair color over time, but it doesn't say that the shine will also intesify. I basically have little faith in it so far, but maybe I'll report back in a week or so.

One major problem I have is the scent. Perfumes give me a headache, and if I only put this on a small portion of my hair, I can't imagine having it in all of it. I tried blowing it out with a hair dryer, but the smell still remains. It may eventually kill me.

07-01-2007
V.I.P.

It's not so good then, I suppose, but maybe the colour AND the gloss will intensify? I hope so.
The scent wouldn't be so much of a problem for me unless it's very soapy/floral.

Thank you for trying and reviewing it.

windowshopping

Hi Ragtag.. I'm really interested in the Sebastian cellophanes. Do you know where I can buy it? Thanks!

13-01-2007
leave me with your Borneo

hmr1, sorry it took me awhile to see this! i found mine on ebay... it ended up costing $23 shipping included, which i thought was fine since i'll get 5+ uses out of a 10oz bottle. i've heard that in some places you can find them in stores that carry salon products, but i've never seen them myself. you can also order from this site. hope that helps a bit.

14-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionJunkie
^ i order my skin care products from hqhair.com, which is a uk site. You can order them from there. They have loads of brands that i can't find in Greece, like dermalogica, bumble and bumble, mario badescu, philosophy and more. Check it out...
I ordered the bumble&bumble 'deep treatment hair mask' - hopefully this will do the trick(?) I will let you know

15-01-2007
windowshopping

Thanks Ragtag!! I don't live in the US anymore and for some reason this stuff is really expensive in Europe. I might wait till I go back to visit or will get someone to send it over to me. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtag
hmr1, sorry it took me awhile to see this! i found mine on ebay... it ended up costing $23 shipping included, which i thought was fine since i'll get 5+ uses out of a 10oz bottle. i've heard that in some places you can find them in stores that carry salon products, but i've never seen them myself. you can also order from this site. hope that helps a bit.

01-05-2007
trendsetter

I want to do thois without adding colour.. does the Sebastian cellophanes just add colour?

I usually ahve it done at salons.

01-05-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_me
I want to do thois without adding colour.. does the Sebastian cellophanes just add colour?

I usually ahve it done at salons.
Sebastian has a clear version too.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
glossing, hair, natural