How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2007
front row

Location: In my mind, I live in Paris! Otherwise... Michigan :-(
But does the clear version work well? I'd like really, super shiny glossed hair... and I'm trying to figure out the perfect product to use. I tried doing this a long time ago with Clairol Radiance and the L'oreal Jazzing, to no avail. How's the clear Sebastian?

01-05-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmelots1983
But does the clear version work well?
Yes, it's still hair gloss. The colored ones just have translucent color added to it. But clear is the original. Link

I dyed my hair and it's too... 'black'. I ordered Sebastian Colourshines in Red-ality hoping it will add warmth. I'll see how it goes.

Last edited by pavement; 01-05-2007 at 11:48 PM.
02-05-2007
& b

I wear black malva conditioner from Aveda, I can use it every week to highlight my black hair, and it makes it very very glossy, but leaves horrible stains on your hands, and wearing gloves its such a hassle

front row

Location: In my mind, I live in Paris! Otherwise... Michigan :-(
Can you only get the Cellophanes online, or is it something I might be able to find in-store somewhere? Like Sally's Beauty, etc?

03-05-2007
Storm & Sommer

I'd love to see before and after pictures if some of you are considering getting this

pinterest : hanneonpin
03-05-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmelots1983
Can you only get the Cellophanes online, or is it something I might be able to find in-store somewhere? Like Sally's Beauty, etc?
I was told to find it at Sally's, but I've been to two different ones and they didn't even have any Sebastian products. So I ordered mine on ebay.com.

03-05-2007
trendsetter

did it work? Does it actually moisturise the hair as well?

05-05-2007
tfs star

My hairstylist recommended me this cellophanes colourshine, so I tried it. In reddish brown (I don't know the exact name of the colour)
But it looks beautiful in the (sun)light.
I have naturally dark brown hair and now there is a reddish gloss over it. It looks really warm, I like it.
At home I use chocolate to espresso glaze though from John Frieda, but it's still reddish/lightbrown..
the gloss over my hair.

I could add before and after picture before was taken in regular daylight and after was taken in sunlight (that's why the skincolor looks different)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beforeandafter.JPG (22.1 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by BellaCouture; 05-05-2007 at 05:06 AM.
23-08-2007
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by satin chic View Post
There's this new John Frieda product that is supposed to refresh your natural hair colour and make your hair glossy. They call it glazing, though.

johnfrieda.com

"Glazing is a process that’s been offered in professional salons for years to optimize the look and feel of dull, faded, lifeless hair. In fact, if you’ve ever gotten your hair colored at a salon, chances are you’ve had a glaze done.

Luminous Color Glaze™ delivers the results of a professional salon glaze, right in the shower. In just 3 minutes, you can give your hair a complete makeover, effortlessly."

Has anyone tried it?
I really, really love the Sheer Blonde-stuff, esp. the color glaze. It makes my hair so shiny and light and managable and smooth. I get the best results when I use the Sheer Blonde shampoo, though.

we were in love

02-09-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by satin chic View Post
There's this new John Frieda product that is supposed to refresh your natural hair colour and make your hair glossy. They call it glazing, though.

johnfrieda.com

"Glazing is a process that’s been offered in professional salons for years to optimize the look and feel of dull, faded, lifeless hair. In fact, if you’ve ever gotten your hair colored at a salon, chances are you’ve had a glaze done.

Luminous Color Glaze™ delivers the results of a professional salon glaze, right in the shower. In just 3 minutes, you can give your hair a complete makeover, effortlessly."

Has anyone tried it?
I got this yesterday. I used it last night and this morning. My sister thinks my hair looks darker, I will keep using it and tell you how shiny I get!

04-09-2007
front row

color glosses are my best friend

i naturally have a curly blackish brown afro and with the black color gloss i use at home i end up with a super shiny deep ebony afro and my coils are a bit smoother, i use to use gloss drops but adding that to my routine when i already use leave-in conditioner and styling lotion is a bit much, plus the gloss makes my hair shinier without any producty feel or buildup

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
I wear black malva conditioner from Aveda, I can use it every week to highlight my black hair, and it makes it very very glossy, but leaves horrible stains on your hands, and wearing gloves its such a hassle
Thankyou ! I can tell I'm going to get obsessed with this now. :p

tfs star

O used the john frieda stuff a few times now. My hair is shiny but its softer as well. It isn't as shiny as I hoped it would be though, but I was wanting a really really high gloss glass like shine.

14-09-2007
trendsetter

Where can I get hold of the Sebastian colourshines in clear in the UK?

14-09-2007
Storm & Sommer

^ not sure.. but ebay is allways an option

pinterest : hanneonpin
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
glossing, hair, natural