How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-01-2011
front row

Oribe Haircare
I got a haircut on Friday morning and my stylist used three Oribe styling products when she blew out my hair. I THINK the first was the Creme for Style (I wish I'd asked; I was trying to look at the bottle but I couldn't see the name), then the Volumista mist and the Superfine Hairspray (not sure if it was the original Superfine or the Superfine Strong). After a day of shopping, a nap, dinner, New Year's Eve partying, a night of sleeping, and half of Saturday, my hair STILL looks practically perfect and feels super soft. I'm not sure how it's possible :p It's very curly, movie-star hair, which makes sense since Oribe is known for big hair and working with J. Lo! I really hate overly "done" hair, and my favorite thing about my hair right now is that it looks very natural but still glamorous.
I also adore the scent and the packaging, they're so beautiful. The products are expensive (around $30 each) but they're pretty generous amounts and I have a nice big Barney's gift card, so . . . I might splurge. Maybe I'll start with the Volumista spray and perhaps the hairspray.
Does anyone else use Oribe? Any thoughts?

Here's the Creme for Style bottle:

oribe.com

02-01-2011
fashion insider

I absolutely love Oribe's Curl by Definition Creme, it makes such a huge difference to my hair. It's far more expensive in the UK than the US, so I try to stock up there but even so I think it's worth buying.

The Texturizing Spray is pretty good too.

front row

Does the Curl by Definition Creme hold curls, or enhance natural ones? Some curling products are for hair that's already curly, and others just bring out waves.

fashion insider

^ It enhances natural curls. I use it after washing my hair and it keeps my curls looking great and frizz-free for days. I've tried so many similar products but the Oribe really works for me.

front row

His Dry Texturizing Spray won some beauty awards this year . . . it's not the kind of product I need, but I'd be interested to try it in a store.

windowshopping

I have the dry texturizing spray and love it. it works a little like a dry shampoo to absorb oils (if you use it on net day hair), but isn't as oil-absorbing as something like the bumble and bumble dry shampoo (which leaves a horrible colored mess on things). i think my hair looks best when i wash, dry and then use some of the texture spray. it just gives hair that perfect messiness. it's is also great for up dos and keeping hair in place.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Has anyone tried the Gold one? I mean the new products... they're so hard to find in Europe, I can't wait to get my hands in those, the sulphate-free shampoo and the mask...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
haircare, oribe