How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-05-2009
windowshopping

If fading is your worry, why not henna? 100% plant henna does not fade after it's initial oxidization and it's totally natural, chemical free.

24-05-2009
trendsetter

Way hey! I am red again!

26-05-2009
front row

I desperately want to go red but I have a very pale pink toned complexion, and people are telling me only reddish brown will suit. The conventional wisdom seems to be that red hair will bring out the pink tones in my skin (heaven forbid?!). I don't see what's so terrible about pink tones in the first place, and I also fail to understand why orange based colours would make me look pink? I also want it to be a bold change, so I would be disapointed to have to stick with a subtle red-brown. I want the sort of red that could possibly be natural- so no weird plum tones. Has anyone successfully dyed their hair red with similar skin tone to me? Any pictures of shades you think might work? Most grateful for help.

Last edited by Sylphide; 26-05-2009 at 02:46 AM.
26-05-2009
Fashion Designer

i have a yellow-ish undertone and it definitely brings the pink tones out. i used to look so washed out without make up when my hair was dark brown, and now i it seems i put on blush even though i dont have any. id say go with a professional so they can tell you which shade of red is better for you but id go and say a reddish brown may be whats best for you.

29-05-2009
front row

what kind of red do you have daniella?

29-05-2009
Fashion Designer

the name is red copper blonde from BES beauty & science and i believe the number is 7.6

03-06-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

All right... could I get some advice, please??

I do not have a regular hair stylist, and, being the penny-pincher I am, refuse to pay for a coloring at a stylist/salon.

So, I'm trying to figure out where to go from here. I am gravitating toward red, but I'm guessing it'd have to be either strawberry blonde (though I'd prefer not to go lighter) or a brownish-red.

Could I get some advice on drugstore brands/colors, or just overall advice, on what to do? I have dark blonde hair with a bit of red, green eyes, and MANY freckles. Here I am below, on the right - that photo is a fairly good representation of my real hair color.

Any help would be awesome.. thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (330.9 KB, 17 views)

03-06-2009
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresor View Post
Wonderfull colour kissablekae!
thank you!

Lindsay Lohan

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...yle_savy02.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...style_savy.jpg

Last edited by Hanne; 04-06-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: posted links instead of images due to lack of proper credits..
03-06-2009
Deep Red Bells

Erin I don't know of specific colors but I think Natural Instincts makes good and very natural looking red dyes.
Feria has lots of reds but they are very strange- nothing that would occur in nature.
If I were you I would go for a true auburn- I think it would look very nice on you.
I might be biased though b/c I am a natural redhead and I don't care for blondish red very much.

Last edited by brokenenglish; 03-06-2009 at 12:53 PM.
03-06-2009
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
thank you!

Lindsay Lohan

style_savy
kissablekae if you are crediting a scan by our member style_savy the credit need to reflect that..just putting the members name is not enough

pinterest : hanneonpin
03-06-2009
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

i believe its a scan but she didnt state it in her posts. im assuming it is?

03-06-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

sylph, I am also very pale with pink undertones and I have a true auburn color. I know you weren't looking for a reddish brown, but to be honest, that is going to be one of the most natural looking colors on you unless you have very light brows and/or orange-ish freckles. I often get compliments on my color when I get my hair cut because it's a unique-ly occuring color and I think the subtlety of it will make your color look more natural and authentic since it will work well with your skin tone. Sorry, probably not much help

04-06-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

LOVED that cover with Lohan! I remember reading it on a trip years ago back in '05. Loved it, I tore if off my magazine (that's unheard of for me!).

04-06-2009
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

i used to keep all my magazines till it became such a huge collection it was like a fire hazard so i ripped all my zines up but i kept the tearouts of that Elle cover and the editorial. im still crazy about that red but ive done it before. i think once is enough for me

06-06-2009
backstage pass

I'm a former blonde. I dyed my hair red last August and have no plans on giving it up. It's a battle to maintain but totally worth it. I've tried various shades but the red copper on the upper right is my favorite.

I showed my hair lady this picture of Ashlee Simpson and she nailed it.

ashlee-star.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, red