How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackkohl View Post
Everytime I see Florence Welch's hair I feel the urge to get my own hair dyed red...
I hear you! I love Florence's hair so much and dyed mine red recently, because I liked her hair colour so much.

20-06-2010
scenester

Is Manic Panic's 'Vampire Red' similar to Fudge's 'Cherry Bomb'? I am currently using Cherry Bomb and I love the colour, but I have heard Manic Panic has better staying power.

21-06-2010
V.I.P.

I haven't dyed my hair in over 10 years...as an adult I've never had it dyed, not even highlights!

Anyways I saw Karen Elson in concert and I'm absolutely inspired to dye my hair her color. I also found inspiration from Alice Gibb's shade. My question is, if my hair is naturally dark/medium brown...should I dye my eyebrows to match? Or will that look strange? Do eyebrows 'grow out' with dark roots?

Also, I've read how bleaching is required for darker hair...isn't bleaching painful?

Thanks in advance

22-06-2010
fashion icon

I have naturally black hair and I have had to have my hair cleansed and bleached in the past to have a vibrant shade of red. I've done home hair dyes on my hair when it has been incredibly dark and it has still come out fairly red. Not vibrant,but you can still see it nonetheless. As for the eyebrows,personally I wouldn't do anything to them,it'd feel a little bit too much Billy Connolly when he had purple eyebrows for me!

22-06-2010
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
I haven't dyed my hair in over 10 years...as an adult I've never had it dyed, not even highlights!

My question is, if my hair is naturally dark/medium brown...should I dye my eyebrows to match? Or will that look strange? Do eyebrows 'grow out' with dark roots?

Also, I've read how bleaching is required for darker hair...isn't bleaching painful?
My hair is naturally dark brown and when i dyed it red (myself) i got this great vibrant shade of red without the need of bleaching, i only had a few hihglights over the years but very fine and pretty close to my natural color and the result was great, even color and great shade. I did dyed my eyebrows though, i only applied a small amount of dye for a few minutes and they became a little lighter than before but not reddish at all. Eyebrows dont grow out but as the dye fades from your head it will fade from your eyebrows aswell, i just didnt like the contrast between my red hair and dark eyebrows

22-06-2010
V.I.P.

^Thanks so much. So if you do dye them, they will fade gradually and not look too disparate?

22-06-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellat View Post
My hair is naturally dark brown and when i dyed it red (myself) i got this great vibrant shade of red without the need of bleaching, i only had a few hihglights over the years but very fine and pretty close to my natural color and the result was great, even color and great shade. I did dyed my eyebrows though, i only applied a small amount of dye for a few minutes and they became a little lighter than before but not reddish at all. Eyebrows dont grow out but as the dye fades from your head it will fade from your eyebrows aswell, i just didnt like the contrast between my red hair and dark eyebrows

Do you mind sharing which brand of dye you used?! I get my hair dyed red professionally, but I've been considering doing it myself, to be more economical.

22-06-2010
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
^Thanks so much. So if you do dye them, they will fade gradually and not look too disparate?
Yes, i only leave it for like 10 mins to kill the darkness of them and then whipe it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucindaMay View Post
Do you mind sharing which brand of dye you used?! I get my hair dyed red professionally, but I've been considering doing it myself, to be more economical.
Its called BES, i buy it from Sally Beauty Supply

22-06-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellat View Post
Yes, i only leave it for like 10 mins to kill the darkness of them and then whipe it off.

Its called BES, i buy it from Sally Beauty Supply
Thanks a lot!! For some reason, I can't find anything called "BES" on the Sally website... I will keep looking though.

23-06-2010
front row

My hair is currently a dark brown with red tones running through it. I would LOVE to have this shade of red though, I have a feeling it's probably her natural hair colour, gah jealous!

karen-gillan.net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal_12.jpg (193.1 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by daniellat; 23-06-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: clickeable link as source
23-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Thanks a lot!! For some reason, I can't find anything called "BES" on the Sally website... I will keep looking though.
I found some on Ebay here

Not sure which shade is recommended though!

23-06-2010
backstage pass

Is that red? It just looks brunette to me.

My hair is this color

It stays this color for FOUR DAYS.

It really, REALLY annoys me.

EDIT: Excuse the bunches, me and my mate were at a TERRIBLE indie disco having a silly time reenacting our days before we were in our thirties.

Last edited by Mindbear; 23-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.
23-06-2010
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Yeah i couldnt find it in their website either here's the company website but i dont think its much help either.
salonsi.com
This is the one i use, the other one from ebay must be another product from the brand but ive never used that one.
I believe the number was 6.64 but im not 100% sure, i always forget it but the name is Red Copper Blonde of that im completely sure

Ive never heard about it either before but when i was at sally once the SA recommended this and ive never used anything else to dye my hair since.

Last edited by daniellat; 23-06-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: forgot credit
24-06-2010
V.I.P.

What are brunette roots like? How long can you go between touch ups?
I want to do this but I fear it's quite expensive.

25-06-2010
Fashion Designer

I dye my hair once a month, the roots arent really an issue because of the fading, and it isnt too expensive either. I dont have a lot of hair though and it sets just at my collarbone thats why i can use half a tube per month. It costs about 7dlls including the peroxide of 20v and it lasts two months so its quite unexpensive actually.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, red