How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS View Post
I'm sure this topic has been covered, but I figured I'd ask anyhow. Maybe, there will be some new opinions...

So, what are some of your favorite shampoos or conditioners for red hair?

I'm looking for something to add some red back to my hair in between colorings. My ends always fade so fast.
I like L'Oréal Professionnel Gloss Color .

Last edited by milourh; 28-02-2011 at 10:17 AM.

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS View Post
I'm sure this topic has been covered, but I figured I'd ask anyhow. Maybe, there will be some new opinions...

So, what are some of your favorite shampoos or conditioners for red hair?

I'm looking for something to add some red back to my hair in between colorings. My ends always fade so fast.
I use Henna Plus Boost. It's a bit messy (my whole bathtub is black when I've used it) but it does make the color more vibrant and it makes my hair very soft, too.
I'm not sure that brand is available internationally but I'm sure there are similar henna products from other brands.

06-03-2011
front row

which henna can you use on already chemical colored hair?!

10-03-2011
V.I.P.

That's it, salon visits are too expensive. I'm going to try Lush's Rouge Caca.

I'm debating whether or not to continue to bleach my dark brown roots though. It's almost impossible to stop if I want to maintain the same shade of red - ugh!

10-03-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
That's it, salon visits are too expensive. I'm going to try Lush's Rouge Caca.

I'm debating whether or not to continue to bleach my dark brown roots though. It's almost impossible to stop if I want to maintain the same shade of red - ugh!
Be careful! As LucindaMay mentioned above this, henna doesn't work well with chemically treated hair.

13-03-2011
V.I.P.

^ as long as it's a non-metallic henna (basically the good stuff that doesn't contain chemicals and is the plant dye ONLY ) you can dye over processses/chemical dyes/etc.

i use surya hena:
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&b ih=612&q=ya+henna&btnG=Google+Search#q=surya+henna &hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=oRe&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&channel=s&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=sh op:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=LFJ8Td-ZEIz4swOTrbiCAw&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQrQQ&biw=1280&bih=61 2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=d57722a22572de1d

and i have recently (within the last 6 months) bleached my hair twice and have used permanent dye more than twice. the henna doesn't lighten roots, but it's a non harmful color pick-me-up, and safer to use frequently than regular red dye. i was a big fan of feria reds, but they just dont last

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
13-03-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina View Post
^ as long as it's a non-metallic henna (basically the good stuff that doesn't contain chemicals and is the plant dye ONLY ) you can dye over processses/chemical dyes/etc.

i use surya hena:
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&b ih=612&q=ya+henna&btnG=Google+Search#q=surya+henna &hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=oRe&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&channel=s&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=sh op:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=LFJ8Td-ZEIz4swOTrbiCAw&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQrQQ&biw=1280&bih=61 2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=d57722a22572de1d

and i have recently (within the last 6 months) bleached my hair twice and have used permanent dye more than twice. the henna doesn't lighten roots, but it's a non harmful color pick-me-up, and safer to use frequently than regular red dye. i was a big fan of feria reds, but they just dont last
Thanks for the info! I've just always heard that chemicals+henna=bad idea ... one of those "cardinal rules of hair coloring" or something.
I have to admit, I'm still a bit nervous after hearing so many horror stories, but I'm going to check into that brand you mentioned.
It would be nice to minimize the amount of abuse I put my hair through.

16-03-2011
scenester

I colored my hair with Lush's Caca Rouge last week, and -boy!- it's AMAZING! I'm just in love with my hair right now, the color is so great! I like this better than any color I've ever walked out of a salon with. And that's saying a lot!!

16-03-2011
front row

^ it is wonderful isn't it?

Did you mind the smell? My brother can't STAND the smell of my hair when i've used the Henna!!

17-03-2011
scenester

I didn't think the smell was that bad. I've had worse smells in my hair after dyeing Like those L'Oreal etc. supermarket colors - now those are annoying! They have that artificial smell that always makes me feel like it can't be healthy for my hair :/

I have my birthday party coming up -- I think I might use the other half of my Caca Rouge today, just to give me a little extra boost for the party

17-03-2011
fashion elite

the smell and the mess is the worst thing about henna. but it gives the best results so i just put up with it.

look.co.uk

17-03-2011
fashion insider

Love Karen Gillan!

21-03-2011
V.I.P.

im really interested in what color and brand florence welch uses.....her hair is AMAZING!

nowmagazine

flikr "leejames'

whereilive.com

guardian.co.uk

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
28-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I colored my hair with Lush's Caca Rouge last week, and -boy!- it's AMAZING! I'm just in love with my hair right now, the color is so great! I like this better than any color I've ever walked out of a salon with. And that's saying a lot!!
Congrats! We hope to see pics

Just out of curiosity, what's your natural color and what shade of red did it turn out?

30-03-2011
scenester

^ I'm a natural (dark) blonde, but I already had chemically-treated red hair before I used the Lush henna. Now I've used the henna a couple of times, and the color just gets better... Yesterday I was to a salon for a quick cut, and the first thing the hairdresser told me when I sat down was what a beautiful color I had! She actually asked me what salon I'd been to to get it...!

I'll try to get some pics. The thing is, the color is substantially different in different lightings -- I think it's a little more orangey in sunshine, and more brown indoors. Maybe I'll try getting some comparative pics...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, red