How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post

I'll try to get some pics. The thing is, the color is substantially different in different lightings -- I think it's a little more orangey in sunshine, and more brown indoors. Maybe I'll try getting some comparative pics...
Oh yes, I think that's true of all reds no matter the shade. My hair looks bright orange in fluorescent lighting but everywhere else it's amazing.

18-04-2011
scenester

Heehee... I finally managed some pics. These are of a freshly caca'd hair, I just rinsed my hair and blow dried it a couple minutes ago.

The other one is with flash, the other without.

18-04-2011
V.I.P.

^Is that with just one dye or did you henna it multiple times?

scenester

I've been using Lush henna for a couple months now. I did also have (dyed) red hair before I started using henna, but I like the color of henna (especially the Lush one) a lot more.

18-04-2011
V.I.P.

It's perfection!

18-04-2011
front row

yay for red hair, although it is everywhere in england

If you want to see mine there is a link to my blog below theres pics on there, mines quite bright, love it!

V.I.P.

love henna for bringing out reds and the best part is, the color builds over time to impart rich deep tones. I use Celebration henna and make sure to wash it out in the shower. it makes for a much easier clean up.

Last edited by luckyme; 23-05-2011 at 10:45 AM.
23-05-2011
V.I.P.

^ITA!!! i have dark brown hair though so for a really nice intense red, i bleached out the bottoms of my hair and just dyed it in henna.

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
13-06-2011
windowshopping

I'm a natural red head, but after years of straightening, the color became somehow "damaged", much lighter. Could anybody give me tipps to get it more reddish again without coloring? Some shampoo perhaps?

backstage pass

Drew's red is stunning. I'm going to do mine like this soon.

pink255.com

06-07-2011
V.I.P.

I love Drew as a redhead. I'm going to go red in the fall.

rising star

I feel stupid for having to ask this, but how come quite of few of you seem to have stopped going to colorists and instead simply use this Lush henna stuff? Is it really THAT good?

I ask because I'm naturally a dark brunette, but I've been wanting super red a la Taylor Tomasi Hill. I used a super old pic of Ashlee Simpson with red hair last time and while it looked super vibrant and perfect when I left the salon when I woke up the next day it had already faded to more of say a drab Bonnie Wright from Harry Potter shade of red which completely washed my porcelain skin out because it was more auburn and coppery instead of a darker, true, or fire engine red. This time I refuse to be rushed and leave the salon unhappy, but would it still be really helpful for me to use the Lush Caca Rouge Mama in between salon visits to brighten and bring out the red when it starts to fade?

Also, does anyone else on here have naturally dark hair that they dye red? I was wondering if other people with dark hair dyed their brows when they switched to red? I have seriously jet black eyebrows and HATE how freakishly unnatural they looked with my red hair even before I left the salon, but I let my ditzy colorist convince me they were fine (it was obvious she just wanted to get home and didn't want to take the time to dye my brows for me). She kept telling me to just use a red tinted brow powder, but I almost never wear any makeup so having to apply brow powder everyday just so I don't feel so unnatural doesn't work for me nor did the powder even make it look any less weird. I want to be able to just wake up without having to feel like I look gross. I don't mean like dying them the exact same color as my red hair because that would probably look just as unnatural as my current black brows do, but maybe simply dying them like a lighter brown shade would help it all to look more natural and not clash so much. I would SO greatly appreciate any of your advice on this since I have an appointment this Thursday and want to leave happy instead of frustrated!

PS. Sorry for such a long post!

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ my brows are black and i used to lighten & dye them when i was a blonde. if you don't leave a creme bleach(like Jolen - you can buy at Walgreens or various drugstores) on your brows long enough, it'll probably lift a reddish brown which works nicely if you are going red

whenever your roots grow out, just apply the bleach only to the roots of your brows and not the entire brow because you can get two different red tones going.

i have a few different posts about changing brow color in The Eyebrow Thread

Last edited by kissablekae; 16-07-2011 at 06:44 AM.
16-07-2011
is (H)appy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella vita View Post
Also, does anyone else on here have naturally dark hair that they dye red? I was wondering if other people with dark hair dyed their brows when they switched to red? I have seriously jet black eyebrows and HATE how freakishly unnatural they looked with my red hair even before I left the salon, but I let my ditzy colorist convince me they were fine (it was obvious she just wanted to get home and didn't want to take the time to dye my brows for me). She kept telling me to just use a red tinted brow powder, but I almost never wear any makeup so having to apply brow powder everyday just so I don't feel so unnatural doesn't work for me nor did the powder even make it look any less weird. I want to be able to just wake up without having to feel like I look gross. I don't mean like dying them the exact same color as my red hair because that would probably look just as unnatural as my current black brows do, but maybe simply dying them like a lighter brown shade would help it all to look more natural and not clash so much. I would SO greatly appreciate any of your advice on this since I have an appointment this Thursday and want to leave happy instead of frustrated!

PS. Sorry for such a long post!

just my $0.02, but since you're not going for a natural look and are going with a color like fire engine red (or what I call "comic book character" red--Cheryl Blossom anyone? ) why not go balls to the wall and go ahead and dye your brows the matching color? I mean, it's obvious the color isn't natural, so it's not going to look any less unnatural than if you left your brows black, you know?

speaking of unnaturally-red-with-black-brows combo-- Kat Von D sports the look. So that can be an option for you too.

1.bp.blogspot

And I can't mention Cheryl Blossom and not post a pic!

Archie Fans

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ i love matching brows!

~

Deborah Ann Woll

IMDb, listal, lifestylegeek.blogspot

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, red