How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2012
In other words

Jason Wu
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Makeup: Diane Kendal

Quote:
Odile Gilbert, working with Kérastase at the show, fashioned a slick high ponytail which she termed “strong, but not tough.” She saturated the hair with Kérastase Double Force Control Ultime hair spray and slicked it back, then flatironed it. Next, she gathered the hair into a very high ponytail, securing it not with a hair band but with “bondage tape from a sex shop in Paris.” Gilbert then flatironed the ponytails a second time, sealing split ends with Kérastase’s Fiber Architect.
Source: vogue.it, wwd.com

Last edited by flyme2themoon; 22-03-2012 at 04:32 PM.

22-03-2012
In other words

Rochas
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni

rochas_054.jpg rochas_109.jpg rochas_113.jpg

rochas_032.jpg rochas_035.jpg rochas_071.jpg

Quote:
“It’s all about the textiles,” Wella global creative director Eugene Souleiman confirmed of the backstage beauty inspiration. And Souleiman added another nod to handcraftsmanship with a series of lacquered cinnamon stick barrettes that he bought in Paris specifically for the show. “We found them in the Marais for 50 cents! We bought every last one,” he effused of the street-market find that added a “wooden, organic” element to Zanini’s folk-ceramic influence. Sectioning out a front panel of hair, adding a bit of mousse, and brushing it backward for a semi-sleek effect, Souleiman rolled the lengths under themselves, pinning them down for a touch of volume at the nape of the neck. The remaining side sections were back-combed ever so slightly to maintain the shape of a faux bob before they were gathered together and secured with the barrettes. “She’s rich, but not in a vulgar way, in an artisanal way—like a character in a Bergman movie,” he proposed of Zanini’s muse for the season. “So the hair is soft but it’s definitely been done—by impeccably good hands.” And how.
I love the cinnamon stick barrettes.
That's a five minute DIY project that I plan on doing.
Source: vogue.it, style.com's Beauty Counter Blog

29-09-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyme2themoon View Post
I love the cinnamon stick barrettes.
That's a five minute DIY project that I plan on doing.
Source: vogue.it, style.com's Beauty Counter Blog
Yes! They are gorgeous. If you do this, please post pictures!

29-09-2012
In other words

^ Whenever I finally get to making them, I will.

30-09-2012
Meg
inspired contemplation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
^^ thankfully there are bound to be knock-offs.. in a year or two of course.

I love how the braid at Simone Rocha looks from behind.. question is, what do you with the resulting hair above? they evidently couldn't figure it out themselves either!

Love the hair at Gucci .. and the tiny braids at Fendi.. makes me want to try a toned-down (minus tails) version of that.

*eta: awesome chignon at ZP!, the tips remind me of origami.

Thank you so much for starting this, flyme2themoon, it's amazing to see all the creativity from hair stylists (and makeup artists) by season and under the same roof.
I agree that the upside down french braid is pretty - the best way to deal with the hair at the end is to twist it into at top knot in my opinion.

I personally find it incredibly difficult to do on oneself. I frenchbraid my hair (and other braids) my hair relatively frequently. I've tried to do it on myself a couple of times and it never works!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, hair, runway