How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2013
trendsetter

I just got back from a few days at the beach and now my split ends are outta control. Seawater is so drying. I'm considering a professional trim only because they would be more thorough, but I'm trying to put it off as long as possible.

04-09-2013
trendsetter

i cut my hair for years, but i have long, thick layered and wavy hair. i wouldn't do it on straight or short hair!

06-12-2013
front row

^ I would love to know how to cut my own hair, but I'm too afraid... I'm sure I would end up with ridiculous hair. But I cut my own bangs (straight and blunt). My advice, buy good, professional scissors. I really makes a big difference.

windowshopping

Self-cut hair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondo View Post
ever cut your own hair? i want to but i'd screw it up good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjw9wYxmi4
Yes, all the time. I live in a rural area in Wales and my hair grows very fast. I invested in a set of professional tools Saki Makoto Student Hairdressing Shears / Scissors Set. I trim/thin my hair roughly every 3 weeks otherwise I end up looking like the Dulux dog! The first time was terrifying but I reckon a bad haircut only lasts a couple of weeks so what the heck!

17-10-2014
trendsetter

I trim my ends on my own, usually I just put it in pigtail braids first and snip the very bottom off.

windowshopping

self-cut hair
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela xx View Post
I cut my own hair. But I always go for the "messy look," so it's pretty much fool proof.
I cut my own hair in between visits from my mobile hairdresser and I also go for the messy look. What tools do you use? Because MH uses the same equipment as me we bought professional quality. Saki Makoto Student Hairdressing Shears Set with Hair Razor. Hand made in Japan, now more than a year old and still not requiring sharpening! My previous thinning shears and scissors were blunt in less than 6 months.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, selfcut