How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-06-2010
front row

I recently switched to abba brand shampoo and conditioner and I love what it does for my hair! I use the moisturizing shampoo and the basic conditioner, it makes my hair super soft, shiny and tangle free.
Once a week or whenever I feel my hair needs it I use Matrix Biolage conditioning balm as a deep conditioner.

09-11-2011
i'm almost ready..

I'm going to revive this thread because I need help!

i have always had pretty healthy hair.....but i now live in a very dry climate (i grew up in a very humid one) and maybe it's a combination of getting older, living in a different environment etc but my hair has more split ends than i ever remember. it is actually to the point where it's difficult to wash, because it gets so tangled....which i have never experienced. my hair is naturally pretty curly and frizzy, but has always been good quality hair... now it just feels so brittle and fragile. it's not from lack of hair cuts... although i must admit i use a straightening iron and hair dryer far more than i used to (often too cold to let it air dry here and the lack of humidity does no favours for curly hair...) so it's likely that much of it is heat damage.

can anyone recommend a good healing shampoo/conditioner for brittle hair with split ends? to make matters a bit more complicated, my roots get oily very quickly (1-2 days) so i'd rather not use anything too heavy.....roots are oily, ends are very dry...

i like to use product that's as natural as possible (where possible) so preferably something without too many synthetic chemicals, filler, parabens, SLS etc.

12-11-2011
Away From Here

^^^

I have the exact same problems ... and living in Canada with a 7 month long cold season does my hair in. I recently switched to the Joico K-PaK shampoo and conditioner and also use the Intense Hydrator mask once every week or two.

For styling, I alternate and/or mix Moroccan Hair Oil Hydrating Styling creme and BioSilk silk therapy.

I'm not sure how thick your hair is, but mine is super duper thick, which is why it can handle all these rich products ... b/c my roots tend to oily as well, I usually leave them alone and put the product on the ends. I straighten my hair often too, and I find since using these products my hair is much softer and more pliable

I'm sorry to say, I dont really pay attention to parabens or synthetic ingredients (i know, bad me!), so if you dont like the sound of these products, I stand by my tried-tested-and-true home hair mask once every 2-3 weeks
- dollop of mayo
- glug of good quality olive oil
- heaping tbsp of argan oil
- one very ripe avacado

- plaster on head, leave for 1 hour, rinse out, shampoo lightly, condition as usual ... if that doesnt work, nothing will. Smells disgusting and may ruin pillows/collars so be careful, but it WORKS!

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorefaith View Post

can anyone recommend a good healing shampoo/conditioner for brittle hair with split ends? to make matters a bit more complicated, my roots get oily very quickly (1-2 days) so i'd rather not use anything too heavy.....roots are oily, ends are very dry...
SAME PROBLEM!
I hate hair like this.
But after few tries I have noticed that this works me the best:
I wash my ends only with conditioner (never with shamppoo, it makes my ends look really, really bad...).

L´oreal Total Repair 5 conditioner, it is one solution for five problems:

1. hairfall
2.dryness
3.roughness
4.dullness
5.split ends

and L´oreal Force Vector conditioner have been awsome (I put this one my ends like 2 times a week, it is deep conditioner), it is little expensive but it does wonders.

So, roots I was with shampoo that brings volume, because my hair can get little flat...

for shampoo I trust Nivea Volume Sensation.

And wash your hair with little cold water...hot water makes hair look worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak View Post
I love John Frieda.

My favourites are the Frizz Ease Serum, Brilliant Brunette and the Conditioners.
Oh, I love frizz Ease Serum.
Everytime my hair gets wild I put it and
hair looks great.

vikingqueen
Thank you from home hair mask tip!
I will try that as soon as it is possible

backstage pass

Has anyone tried Redken's All Soft Shampoo? It has quite good reviews on makeupalley.

front row

Redken All Soft is absolutely divine! I use the shampoo, conditioner and masque and my hair feels as good as being at the hairdresser. Previously my hair was so dry, coarse and brittle and I never imagined it could feel so healthy. I'm hooked!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioner, shampoo