How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2005
backstage pass

I really like Matrix Biolage Energizing Shampoo and Detangling Solution. I also tried Victoria's secret So Sexy Volumizing Conditioner and Bath and Body Works volumizing conditioner and both were really great.

03-09-2005
windowshopping

I avoid anything with sulfates (usually listed as the second ingredient in most shampoos), and whatever I use must be geared toward color-treated hair ... so that eliminates a lot out there, unfortunately!

But I have found my favorite is Aveda, hands-down. I also love Pureology.

12-09-2005
rising star

i love garnier fructis, citre shine and johnson's baby shampoo!

12-09-2005
windowshopping

If you can get it at a salon, I highly recommend Rusk Sensories shampoo and conditioners. Eco friendly, beautiful frequent use shampoo and great on chemically treated hair. I've been using it for nearly a year now.

fashion elite

[QUOTE=SheilaTexas]I avoid anything with sulfates (usually listed as the second ingredient in most shampoos), and whatever I use must be geared toward color-treated hair ... so that eliminates a lot out there, unfortunately!

But I have found my favorite is Aveda, hands-down. I also love Pureology.[/QUOTE]

My gosh YES!
Pureology is AMAZING! Miraculous!
I tried a sample and fell inlove...
I am currently using Nexxus something or other shamp and conditioner...
Unfortunately I bought HUGE bottles and I dont have much bathroom space to store them... so until I finish them I will hold off on pureologry.

rising star

Gym & Shampoo
I frequent the gym 5-6 days a week, 3 of those of days I'm in the gym twice - once in the mornin and another at night. I normally always take showers after each workout and use a scant amount of shampoo when doing so (for fear of harming my hair, yet still wanting it clean).

Any advice on the matter? am I justified in my fear? should I lessen my shampoo use? thanks...

btw...i use Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo w/ their conditioner...

21-09-2005
backstage pass

I think some of the time, you can get away with just rinsing the sweat out of your hair and then conditioning, leaving out the shampoo stage if you're worried about over-washing it. Unless your hair is super-greasy then you probably don't need to wash it 2x in a day with a Tea Tree shampoo...I imagine that doing so could be really drying for your hair as well as your scalp. And if there is Tea Tree in the conditioner anyway, then it will cleanse a little bit, even on its own!

Hope that helps.

fashion elite

unmetro

Awesome gym enthusiasm! I commend you on your positive attitude and your commitement...
perhaps you can avoid washing your hair so much if you put it up tightly in a pony tail or bun and like a head band to keep it off your face...
Its kinda scary to was your hair so much, IMO...

front row

I alternate between Redken - All Soft and MOP (Modern Organic Products). Both are WONDERFUL!

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

I've used every shampoo and conditioner under the sun...expensive ones, cheap ones and I always come back to cheapie Pantene.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
22-09-2005
rising star

Thanks, I find my determination gratifyin...tats how I'm able to keep it up...hehe
I guess I'll have to wait a few months before I can do wat you suggest...hehe...thanks ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
unmetro

Awesome gym enthusiasm! I commend you on your positive attitude and your commitement...
perhaps you can avoid washing your hair so much if you put it up tightly in a pony tail or bun and like a head band to keep it off your face...
Its kinda scary to was your hair so much, IMO...

22-09-2005
trendsetter

this is a bit weird to ask but,

has anyone used a avocado hair mask ever to replenish their hair nutrients?

how do you make it?

i've had it done at salons, but i'm cutting back my budget so anyone have any clue?

i don't think you're worth a second glance.
22-09-2005
trendsetter

i use cheap ones like herbal essences and such. I tried some schampoo from a salon but it didn't really make any difference so i went back to the usual

22-09-2005
trendsetter

^purexelegance burts bees makes one. My hair is a bit longer so I use it once a week. The instructions say to put it on while you are in the shower,and wait 3 minutes to rinse, but I think it works better if you apply the product about 5 minutes before entering. It is very cheap, and works very well. It also saves you the hassle of having to stir up a mask.

22-09-2005
|/mirror queen\|

The best conditione i have ever used is Kanebo´s Tsuya Coat.
Amazing stuff!!!

I have tried duzons of shampoos and Redken all soft was the only one that impressed me, but not that much! lol

The worst i´ve tried was Johnson baby shampoo! Left my hair really lank and pasty and at the time i had blond streaks and left them a bit greenish.
Baby stuff is full of oil and things that don´t work for us, even though we think they do!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioner, shampoo