How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-07-2009
windowshopping

I have very short hair which is bleached light blonde, with an undercut at the back/sides. I like it a lot better than long hair looked on me, but I'm kind of stuck as to what to do now.
I love Kate Lanphear's hairstyle, but am wondering it is has enough volume to balance out my narrow face shape. I need horizontal volume - going out to the sides, and a little bit at the top. Hard to explain, so I'll show pictures.

from withasianstereotypes.
And here's my current style:
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...3_579280_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6778565_n.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._3777893_n.jpg

Does anyone have any favourite cuts that would look reasonable on me? PS the undercut thing has a love/hate reaction with most people, but I think it's gonna go soon, it's had its run.

11-07-2009
backstage pass

I really like your undercut, I think it makes the classic bob shape you have fresh and edgy, especially when dressed up like Faris from the horrors! I think that Kate cut would suit you definitely, although from what I can make out, it's just a deep parting on a bleached white graduated bob.

Last edited by Mindbear; 11-07-2009 at 08:19 AM.
12-07-2009
windowshopping

yeah, exactly. it's the simplicity that scares me! haha. i don't want it to make my head look too narrow. I'm quite paranoid about that. but i'm thinking i'll go for it.
but thankyou farris has a very defined style, i checked him out on google images. he'd make a good style icon.

12-07-2009
V.I.P.

^^Aww thats a great cut, really brave tho

Im in Paris atm, and thinking about gettin my hair cut really short here. Ive done this before in London and it turned out really well but my french is not that good and you know, with french, if you pronounce just an ending wrongly, it can mean smth completely different
But the thing is, when I got it cut in London (and in Germany afterwards), it always looked sort of really commercial with highlights in stuff, so I reckon the French/Parisian have a better understand of 'edgy', right ?
What advice would you give me, and do you perhaps even know a really, really good hairdresser here in Paris who is known for edgy cuts ? TIA

backstage pass

I have to be brutally honest with you cold sun,and please people don't think i'm being xenophobic or anything, but Paris is NOT the place to get anything edgy. Trust me, everything is very run of the mill there, cool and fashionable is very sparsely scattered, with fashion being more about expensive clothing, tanned skin and carrying a small dog. I've spent a ton of time in Collette and even there it wasn't that cool compared to london.

You want edgy, go to shoreditch and get your hair cut, you'll be guaranteed something that isn't mainstream. I hate shoreditch, but you can't deny that style lives there.

Phantasthma - Farris is pretty unfortunate looking, and the times I've met him he's been so quiet and polite and lovely, I think it's fantastic that he's gone full throttle with his look and made his gangly self look so suave. He's HUGE too, absolutely towering, I remember when he'd come in our dj booth and have to crouch down, and my boss is 6ft 5 and he doesn't have to!

I think you'll look beautiful with that cut. Don't forget, a graduated bob with layers plus product means you can build the volume out where you need it through styling. You've got an undercut and have enough volume, you'll definitely have it with this cut. One great product is FAT HAIR which you can get in superdrug, makes hair huge where you want it to be.

Either way, you've a beautiful face, you could pull of any style

12-07-2009
trendsetter

I just cut my hair a month ago from bra length to chin length and colored it red! I've always had long black hair so this change is actually fun to play with.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

12-07-2009
V.I.P.

^that shorter hair looks so much better on you, sun goddess 01.
it frames your face nicely. you look so beautiful!

V.I.P.

I just cut my hair three days ago:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg (52.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by honeyisle; 12-07-2009 at 11:12 PM.
13-07-2009
windowshopping

oh mindbear, you are too good to me! haha. kate lanphear looks amazing, but hell, she's KATE LANPHEAR. but still, i can't seem to sit still when it comes to hair.
i love that farris looks so scary but is such a sweetheart! he really pulls off his style, anyway, despite being 'unfortunate looking'. it sort of adds to it, anyway. if you tone down the goth a little, the horrors have really good styling. sharp tailoring and belt buckles, hell yeah!
is FAT HAIR by tigi bedhead? i live in australia so i might not have the same products there. but i will look into volumising products.
i can't believe you got to be in the same DJ booth as farris. feel my waves of envy.

honeyisle, you look really good with short hair! i like your cut. i'd love to see more of it pushed onto your face.

13-07-2009
backstage pass

Phantasthma! this is the products I'm talking about, they're cheap as chips! http://www.samysalon.com/fathair/

I'm not sure they're available in australia though, they're the best, they make my hair HUGE!

Ha, it's not that special, Faris was just one of the kids that came to our club every week, I had no idea the horrors were going to do so well! I'm looking forward to seeing you looking like Kate Lanphear....don't be scared, you'll look ACE!

13-07-2009
windowshopping

opinions
this is my hair now:

it's starting to grow out. it was an asymmetrical hair cut like rihanna's. i want to let it grow out, but i'm also impatient, so i bought a wig to see what i'd look like with longer hair.

which looks better. long or short?

V.I.P.

You look cute with both, but I like the shorter look. You should go even shorter than that and look really fierce!

13-07-2009
V.I.P.

Just cut my hair in a pixie cut... from shoulder length so its a bit of a shock. I do like it but am just getting used to it... have been wearing a headband a la victoria beckham just cuz its easier & Im liking it more like that. Right after I got my hair cut I saw the movie Amelie & fell in love with that cut... Im now obsessed & wanting it to grow to that length. Crazy I know... I am enjoying it the way it is now so Im not going insane or overly upset or anything but just wondering... how long do you think itll take to grow that length from VB length... out of curiousity?

14-07-2009
backstage pass

The growth will take about six months at least, so you'd best be patient!

Sidewalks - I prefer you with shorter hair tons, you look amazing with it!

14-07-2009
V.I.P.

Thats what I was thinking... thats not so bad really.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, short