How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-11-2009
rising star

I've had short hair before, a few times begrudgingly... and being a guy it's more common to have short hair. But I prefer having something up there, it seems to suit me better.

20-11-2009
front row

lovely haircut iamnerdee!

i'm back to short hair again...

29-11-2009
V.I.P.

^that style suits you so well!

scenester

beautiful hair blackcoffee!

09-12-2009
front row

amazing look blackcoffee

09-12-2009
front row

thank you!

20-12-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Goddess01 View Post
iamnerdee i love love your new hair style! it really suits your face and gives you an edge
ITA
imanerdee i love your new hair on you, you look fabulous
blackcoffee, lafindesiecle, alba your hair styles are gorgeous, love it

Last edited by loves; 20-12-2009 at 02:49 AM.
20-12-2009
V.I.P.

Okay, it's official now: I really want to chop off my hair
Long hair might be nice and you can do many things with it (ponytail, braid etc.) but for me it's just way too dull and I certainly need a change now. Never have done it before. At least not in such a drastic way... It's about waist-lenght right now and I'd totally love to cut it in a messy, shoulder-lenght, just like Freja's here:

style.com

I want to keep the lenght in the front though. So, no bangs for me. Just a short-cut with some (very few) layers in it. My hair is very thick and straight but when it gets wet or when I don't blow-dry it I have a slight natural-wave in it. So I guess it would look like in this shot:

dazeddigital

Do you think this style would work for thick hair? I'm so afraid that I'll end up looking like some swab

trendsetter

I love Freja's haircut and everytime when I see her photo with short hair I want to cut mine but I also have very thick hair and I personally think it would be look weird but it depends of texture of your hair and your face of course

21-12-2009
backstage pass

^^ trust me, super thick hair CAN work short -- you just need it thinned out a lot, tons of layers, probably razored. my stylist cuts layers into and underneath my hair rather than just on top -- i need to get it thinned out every 3 weeks or so but it works fine! My hair needs to be layered a lot when it's long too, but I find it gets so much more damaged -- having my hair razored very fine when it's short isn't a big deal because i can get those damaged bits cut off so easily and frequently.

here are a bunch of my short-haircuts -- my hair is EXTREMELY thick and pin-straight and very wiry:

Last edited by lafindesiecle; 21-12-2009 at 12:17 PM.
21-12-2009
backstage pass

alos nijuyanah -- you can definitely do that with thick wavy hair and i think it will look quite nice! if your hair stylist is good you should be able to explain it very easily -- i always find that bringing photos helps -- and they should be able to deal with the thickness so you don't end up with a triangular poofy newcaster bob enough product should also help tame it down and keep things smooth.

28-12-2009
backstage pass

I chopped off my waist length brown hair to a soulder lenght after years of wanting to do so, now I'm thinking of going even shorter. I hated my long hair, it's was so pretty but extremely boring. I had a ponytail all the time because my hair got in the way, it was frizzy etc. I'm thinking of something like this except I don't want the backside to be so short:

blogs.timeslive.co.za

Or this:

vox.com

Last edited by Erna; 28-12-2009 at 10:58 AM.
29-12-2009
front row

I used to have mine like that, Erna! I cut mine after the picture of Sienna actually. I was really happy with it.

29-12-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafindesiecle View Post
alos nijuyanah -- you can definitely do that with thick wavy hair and i think it will look quite nice! if your hair stylist is good you should be able to explain it very easily -- i always find that bringing photos helps -- and they should be able to deal with the thickness so you don't end up with a triangular poofy newcaster bob enough product should also help tame it down and keep things smooth.
Thanks for all the input and help But since I'm such a chicken I guess I will just stick to my current hairdo and cut off some cm's of the split ends I just don't want to mess up everything again... Because I know that my hair is really tricky when it's short. It takes ages to style it the right way. Though, it's just too tempting whenever I look at Freja's or Anja's hair. Sigh...

Btw: I think your cut looks amazing on you!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijuyanah View Post
Thanks for all the input and help But since I'm such a chicken I guess I will just stick to my current hairdo and cut off some cm's of the split ends I just don't want to mess up everything again... Because I know that my hair is really tricky when it's short. It takes ages to style it the right way. Though, it's just too tempting whenever I look at Freja's or Anja's hair. Sigh...

Btw: I think your cut looks amazing on you!

I love those photos you posted of Freja, you should def. get the cut. I think it would look great esp if your hair is slightly curly or textured. I'm going to get mine like Freja cut soon too. I just love short hair.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, short