How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2011
V.I.P.

*waking up this thread*

15-04-2011
rising star

I'm growing my hair now but I used to have a pixie cut. It was really, really comfortable, and stylish and flattering on me UNTIL it started to grow . At first it's really quite managable, you just cut a bit here a bit there and voila you've got yourself a longer version of a pixie. When I decided I wanted long hair again (I missed being able to pull it back, or braid it) then it became an annoying thing. *sigh*...I'll stop my ranting now.

Anyway, if you're planning on going short (it is a very liberating experience!) I recommend you to have a clear idea of what short hair style you want, yes that means:YOU SHOULD TAKE PICTURES OF THE STYLE YOU WANT with you to the hair salon...believe me it saves you a lot of trouble (and tears when you don't like the end result). Or if you're not sure you can take a few pictures with you to show to your hairstylist and talk about which one would suit your face shape best and whatnot.

And finally...here are some of the short hair inspirational photos I've found:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corto2.jpg (14.7 KB, 565 views)
File Type: jpg corto7.jpg (13.6 KB, 564 views)
File Type: jpeg cortokatepunk.jpeg (5.8 KB, 564 views)
File Type: jpg bsgfre1.jpg (44.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg bsgfre3.jpg (47.9 KB, 15 views)

15-04-2011
rising star

More...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hairstyles-of-shannyn-sossamon.jpg (49.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg images.jpeg (7.4 KB, 563 views)
File Type: jpg keira-knightley-layered-bob-tousled-brunette.jpg (15.9 KB, 565 views)
File Type: jpg japanese14.jpg (19.1 KB, 563 views)

15-04-2011
V.I.P.

^ I got a Keira Knightley bob and love it! It's so easy to style and comes as a nice change after having long hair.

Last edited by McClaire; 15-04-2011 at 09:03 PM.
16-04-2011
V.I.P.

I've had short hair a few times. I once had a pixie cut when I was 12 and was in a rebellious phase. Definitely not flattering on me. But I had it cut like Cate Blanchett in that pic once and it was my favorite hair style I've ever had. Whenever summer is coming up I feel like going back to shorter hair again ^^

16-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila D View Post
I'm growing my hair now but I used to have a pixie cut. It was really, really comfortable, and stylish and flattering on me UNTIL it started to grow . At first it's really quite managable, you just cut a bit here a bit there and voila you've got yourself a longer version of a pixie. When I decided I wanted long hair again (I missed being able to pull it back, or braid it) then it became an annoying thing. *sigh*...I'll stop my ranting now.

Anyway, if you're planning on going short (it is a very liberating experience!) I recommend you to have a clear idea of what short hair style you want, yes that means:YOU SHOULD TAKE PICTURES OF THE STYLE YOU WANT with you to the hair salon...believe me it saves you a lot of trouble (and tears when you don't like the end result). Or if you're not sure you can take a few pictures with you to show to your hairstylist and talk about which one would suit your face shape best and whatnot.

And finally...here are some of the short hair inspirational photos I've found:
that´s how i did it.

but the hairdresser was not good at its job..

Day
fashion elite

I have a pixie cut right now and I love it. I'm so glad I took the chance and went short.

But I really miss braids. And being able to put my hair up. Plus the upkeep is a lot because my hair grows pretty fast. So I'm going to try to grow it out and I'm really not look forward to it. I've heard horror stories.

17-04-2011
at the irish pub

Mila D, please provide a source for those photos in #858 & #859

front row

do you guys have any good video tutorials on how to wave short hair? my hair is pretty short, it falls right on my jawline & it's naturally dead straight & i've had it like this pretty much all of my life, so i want to change it up a bit & try to do some soft waves that would look nice on this length. kinda' like keira knightley's on that photo above ^.

02-05-2011
backstage pass

pin curls or very narrow (less than 1/2 inch) barrel curling iron or spiral foam rollers should do the trick! you can even finger-wave short hair pretty easily, check for tutorials of that on youtube

04-05-2011
front row

^ thank yoooou!

08-05-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by larien View Post
Mila D, please provide a source for those photos in #858 & #859
Um, I can't remember the original source since I saved them to my pc such a long time ago (sorry!)...but I did upload them to photobucket.

source: photobucket.com/KateSkeff

12-07-2011
fashion icon

I absolutely love the pixie hairstyle- I've always wanted to try out the look but never had the guts to do it. But with quite a few girls in Hollywood with pixie cuts it makes me want to take the plunge and do it. The only question I have is what face shape is best for a pixie cut? I don't think I really have prominate facial features but I've been told I sort of look like Emma Watson at times just to give you an idea. Also i'm afraid of looking like a boy because I still want to look fun and feminine.

Here are three women in Hollywood who are sporting the pixie cut look and I think pull it off well. All three look great and I really love their hairstyles.

TeenVogue.com
Emma Watson

Glamour.com
Ginnifer Goodwin

Shorthairstylescuts.com
Carey Mulligan

V.I.P.

I thought Emma looked Boy-ish when she just had her hair Cut. Butnow i think she looksabsolutly femal with it.
I think that Kind of hair has to grow on sme tolike it

front row

If you have a strong jawbone or cheekbones I think pixies look great! I had one, twice, but if I just wanted to run out with no makeup and in sweats I'd get mistaken for a boy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, short