How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2006
backstage pass

I think as long as you don't look like Amanda Moore (who I find very beautiful, but rather more masculine looking than other models), have boobs, a waist, and hips you would be fine with a short hair cut :]

....Just doesn't work.

style.com

24-04-2006
Eat me, drink me

ooh ^ she really does look boyish.

I have thick hair and short cuts didn't 'not work' because of hair thickness. At all. I think it's more about texture. My hair is stick-straight, maybe thick wavy hair is a nightmare with short 'dos.

front row

Girls that look like cute little boys are awesome! I love the whole 60's short short hair, I think it's the cutest. In my opinion girls generally look WAY better in short hair as opposed to long. Long hair is really boring and ugly with no style or volume unless you do some long layers "friends" cut or something (DISGUSTING!)

So seriously, short hair all the way! and make sure you don't get the ugly one length short hair that is completely flat on your hair with no bangs and just hangs in the air because that always makes people look ridiculous, unless of course you dyed it black and wore bright red lipstick all the time!

But short hair, with lots of layers, are awesome. After I saw 'Chungking Express' I wanted my hair cut like Faye SOOOO BAD! Anyone feel the same? The only thing stopping me is I'm no way adorable enough to have the same effect!!! =(

24-04-2006
Eat me, drink me

^ black short hair + lipstick! hehe. Yeah, I always emphasize my makeup when I wear my hair short. Arg. Lots of things you do and don't realize it.

scenester

This is Rosie, the new model for Hurley 2005.
Does anyone know her last name?

From SurfingtheMag.com

Last edited by malina s; 18-05-2006 at 12:26 AM.
20-05-2006
front row

Oh man. . . I cut my hair off in a moment of junior high rebellion it was terrible. I think you need to be slim to pull it off, I was not. Everyone told me it was "unique", "cool", etc. because no one had short hair (except, the guys). I seriously think it did damage to my feminity. No guys would talk to me.
But, once high school came around, I grew it out. I'm kinda glad I did it though because it definatly set me apart and in my conservative- everyone- has-long-blonde- hair-town, no one would take a superfical chance like that. Sounds bad but my town is REALLY small and REALLY boring.
I wouldn't do it again because it doesn't fit me or my body, or my personality. But again, glad I took the risk because now I know.

21-05-2006
front row

thank god for this thread, its making me feel a little better after my haircut. i'm soo traumatised at my bad experience with this new hairstylist, and i'm not as comfortable with my new shorter cut as i thought i'd be.
this thread is inspiring

22-05-2006
tfs star

i got my hair cut to my shoulders and i hate it. i've had this haircut a million times before it feels. never let a hairdresser convince you that shorter wouldn't look as good. now i'm tempted to get the scissors and cut it the way i wanted it.

i hated having long hair but this isn't much better. see i love long hair on other people when it looks carefree, shiny and wavy but me with long hair is just a fried mess since i have to straighten it so much. plus, it always got so frizzy and just boring looking. i want my hair to be a feature not just hanging off my head doing nothing with no style. meh.

22-05-2006
scenester

If anyone needs inspiration for short hair cuts....shannyn sossamon always has a cute short hair cut, and samaire armstrong. just look them up and browse their photos for 'em.

23-05-2006
rising star

In post 74, everyone looks gorgeous! what show is that from??

i'm sooo glad i found this thread, for a while now i've been thinking of cutting my hair off and getting an edgy bob type style, but i always go between being sure i want it and not so sure, but these pics are amazing. What would be a good face shape for short hair and what wouldn't really work?

23-05-2006
G86
front row

i think Audrey Tautou looks AMAZING with short hair.. i'm in love with her look right now she's adorable.. makes me want to cut my hair
pics from her thread
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57621108.jpg (30.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg AudreyHead_400.jpg (39.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg U1512P28T3D1084929F326DT20060517204902.jpg (34.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 493890.jpg (140.7 KB, 21 views)

23-05-2006
backstage pass

She's like audrey hepburn, they both look great with short hair. It really complements them. Perhaps it's the European factor

23-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shess0m0ney

i'm sooo glad i found this thread, for a while now i've been thinking of cutting my hair off and getting an edgy bob type style, but i always go between being sure i want it and not so sure, but these pics are amazing. What would be a good face shape for short hair and what wouldn't really work?
The show is Versace, and if you want short hair, go for it! If it doesn't come out too great, it's hair and it'll grow back

25-05-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shess0m0ney

i think a more oval (oval shaped faces go with ANY haircut.lol.)
or someone with a more defined jawline, but not a manly one.
i think for a more pixie like haircut, you'd have to have very feminine features, and a wavy texture to the hair.
(if you dont want to end up looking like a boy, IMO)
round faces should go for more a-line haircuts w/ wispy bangs in the front.
all in all, the texture, the shape, and the face should all somehow fit together.

25-05-2006
rising star

I just cut my hair today. Took nearly 5 inches off. It's shoooooort But I think I like it. It's cute and summery.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, short