How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-05-2008
front row

I would say trim them off. Your hair will look a lot healthier and it will grow faster.

17-05-2008
In Bloom

^Your hair grows as fast as it grows, no amount of cutting your hair will change that. But it does look better

we were in love

28-08-2010
fashion icon

I'm bumping this because split ends have become the bane of my existence. I had my hair cut only 4 weeks ago and even my split ends now have spilt ends-my hair grows like it is on steroids. I'm too poor to get it cut for another two weeks,but I was just wondering if anyone knows if products really do work or not? I'm using a leave in conditioner by Tony and Guy every time I was my hair which say it can help to prevent them but it isn't working.

29-10-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
last year my hair got really long and dead and i hadnt cut it in so long that when i finally did (4 or so inches) it ended up looking like probably 6 inches because my hair was no longer weighed down, it just sprung up!
I've been growing my hair out so I haven't had a cut in... well, forever. I'm afraid that my stylist is going to tell me I need to cut at least 6 inches off just to get rid of the splits.

trendsetter

I haven't cut/trimmed my hair since October, and it seems OK so far, the one thing that really truly helps split ends, is if you color, to try to color less often, even if it's just stretching out an extra week or two between colors - damage is cumulative.
The fringe is fine, because I trim that regularly, but sometimes I feel the back of my head, and those parts feel really dry. I know there is a forest of splits back there, but I can't see it.

14-01-2011
windowshopping

There is a product you can buy called the Split Ender - I would like to know if anyone has used it and if it works? There are reviews online but I'm never sure if you can trust reviews...

29-01-2011
front row

^^ I have Split Ender maxi kit. I also watched some reviews online and I wasn't so sure about it but it worked great for me. I had a lot of split ends, my hair would tangle easily while combing and it looked really frizzy. I've used it two times so far, one month ago and few days ago and my hair looks better I guess, it doesn't tangle and even my sister told me it's shinier now.
In the third photo you can see 'before' and 'after 2 uses', and the first 2 are 'after' in different light. I know my hair isn't perfect, but it's still better than it was one month ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg split.jpg (143.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg splitnedsaft.jpg (258.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg splitend.jpg (145.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by marta20; 29-01-2011 at 01:22 PM.
31-01-2011
front row

marta, your hair is beautiful!

I'm fond of redken's anti snap, but to tell the truth, my poor hair appears to be split from root to tip, and the most i have ever done is the twice a week blow dry. It is naturally pretty dry, so almost anything seems to wreck it. As a kid i looked like a stick of candy floss

01-02-2011
windowshopping

Thank you for posting about the Split Ender Marta, I had read mixed reviews, some said the product was noisy, cheap looking and time consuming but I think I might give it a try - your hair looks good to me.

I think like Lapin my split ends might be too far out of control! I really want to try out the ombre hair being discussed on the Two Tone Hair thread but a bit nervous about slapping a load of bleach onto the ends of my hair.

01-02-2011
V.I.P.

marta your hair is amazing and that color is to die for

my split ends are crazy; i trim my hair and next time i blowdry it they re back

Last edited by FASHIONLOVA; 01-02-2011 at 07:49 AM.
01-02-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMandalay View Post
some said the product was noisy, cheap looking and time consuming but I think I might give it a try - your hair looks good to me.
I can agree with these, it makes some noise, it's pretty cheaply made (then again but I'm not going to throw it around ) and it is time consuming, it takes me one hour to do my whole head (and my hair is pretty thin). But still, I love the result and I don't regret buying it, even my sister wanted me to cut her ends and she said her hair was so much softer and shinier after using it.

Thanks for you compliments , but believe me, my hair still needs a lot of work, it's naturally thin and damaged from lightening, straightening and curling. I stopped using flat iron and curler like a month ago and I plan to take better care of it from now on, so maybe one day I can be really happy with it.

04-02-2011
front row

I have never heard of this Split- Ender but it looks pretty interesting. I have yet to decide if I want to grow my hair out (it's at my collar bones) or keep it at this mid-length. However, the split ends have to go. As a compulsive highlight addict, my split ends are intense. After I get my hair cut it only takes a day or two for the ends to come back. I hate it and I'm running out of products to at least mask the problem.

08-02-2011
windowshopping

I feel your pain everyone!

I have fine hair, not straight, not curly - but wavy and in humid conditions it goes into ringlets underneath - so I straighten it which leaves me with zillions of split ends

I haven't got the split ender yet but I think I'm going to try it combined with the Redken Anti Snap and hope for some slight improvement!

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

so now my hair is in the same condition as 4 weeks ago when i trimmed it. full of slipt ends.
my hairstylist said i have to cut a big chunk so they d go away; but i m not gonna do it in one time. next month as i ll go to do my roots i ll cut maybe 2or 3 cm.
i haven t dyed the whole head since november in hope it d be better but it doesn t seem to have worked.
it s pretty much because i had really blond hair and when i went brunette the lower part was pretty much dead so now i need to grow it out and get rid of the dead part.

06-03-2011
trendsetter

Split ends are the worst y'all. My hair is short right now, and I'm trying to grow it to below my shoulders. It takes so long. I am thinking about trying the split ender gadget now, once my hair gets long enough. I usually just slop a bunch of shine serum on my hair to cover up the crunchy ends, but that just makes my hair kind of gross and greasy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ends, split