How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by pink_dancin_kitten@Sep 5th, 2003 - 5:01 pm
i try usin straightenin irons but they dont work! my hair is too thick! the only way i get stick straight hair (almost) is using an actual iron.. all my friends do it and its cool!
An actual iron.hmmm...really?! As long as you have some sort of heat protection on your hair, it can't be less damaging than the hair irons that get really really hot.

06-09-2003
front row

i bought one from Korea last year <im korean> ..i think thats the best..its the one they use for jap. thermal reconditioning...but i havent been using it seen i had reconditioning done

29-10-2003
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by MissFire@Mar 13th, 2003 - 12:29 pm
i use the Chi Ceramic iron. my hair is pretty thick too. and it makes it so smooth and straight. love it
i agree, Chi is great. i love the way it staightens my hair, not like the other straightening irons that damage hair and cause split ends. there's no tugging and going back over the same piece just to get it staight.

29-10-2003
V.I.P.

i just had my salon order me one of theirs.
its from KAY STORE and is brilliant

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
17-11-2003
windowshopping

people straighten their hair with an actual iron? are they asking for broken hair, split ends and a burnt scalp?!

GHD straighteners are brilliant. they straighten even the most unruly hair. they are expensive but worth it. and of course ensure you use a heat protector. kerastase have a good one. also, try to use and intensive penetrating deep cleansing conditioner once a week to replace any lost moisture.

samantha x

17-11-2003
& b

I used to straighten my sister's hair with a regular iron she lies down on the floor and I put a sheet of paper on top of her flat brushed hair, and I press the iron over it... its cheap and it works... of course, not all of you have a gay brother to do it for you

yes

my friend used GHD straighteners on my hair for a party......and they make it dramatically different

i would definately recommend GHD straightners to anyone

23-11-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 17th, 2003 - 2:24 pm
I used to straighten my sister's hair with a regular iron she lies down on the floor and I put a sheet of paper on top of her flat brushed hair, and I press the iron over it... its cheap and it works... of course, not all of you have a gay brother to do it for you
Now I wish I had a guy brother to do it for me!

05-12-2003
windowshopping

Hello I need help!! I have thick hair Afro Type hair and I need everones Best opinoin on the Iron I should choose. I would like to Stye and Straighten my hair, but it's thick Afro Caribbean type hair w/color.
Could you please give me suggestions on the CHI or GHB Ceramic Irons??
Also a good moisterizer heat protectant too...

Thank You!

nicky20033

05-12-2003
scenester

nicky20033, hey I have the same type of hair. Anyway, I really like the chi flat iron. I usually wash and deep condition my hair, however instead of blow drying I air dry it so that it doesnt dry out. Then I apply skin moisturizer, just a tad bit to my hair and it truly works magic. Don't know what it is about skin moisturizers, I guess since its created for your face its not harsh and doesn't way down the hair. After its air dried I part my hair into 4 sections, then flat iron each section piece by piece. Hope that helps!

05-12-2003
windowshopping

Thanks for responding fashionbug , Oh I don't have a perm either , do you?? I hope others will reply too. Thank You

nicky20033

06-12-2003
backstage pass

Nicky2003,

My hairstylist recommends the CHI ceramic straightening iron. Mind you, my hair isn't "Afro" hair, it is rather thick and very hard to manage. I notice that I get best results when we blow dry it straight, put protective oil in it, then iron it down.

And, I, like you, have naturally curly hair. It's not a perm.

06-12-2003
seagreen serenades

i have only used the ghd, but it is to me without flaw

is the chi american?

11-12-2003
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by nicky20033@Dec 6th, 2003 - 12:10 am
Thanks for responding fashionbug , Oh I don't have a perm either , do you?? I hope others will reply too. Thank You

nicky20033
Actually, my hair is not permed. It is naturally curly, however because it is on the thinner side it's much easier for me to manage. It's almost impossible to keep my hair from not frizzing in Los Angeles because of the midst from the ocean. However if you are somewhere that does not have that problem you should be fine.

12-12-2003
rising star

I use the Chi as well as several of my friends who are platform artists.

-Use Sebastian Smoothing Groomer
-Mix with a little Farouk silk
-Put ismoothing t into the hair when damp and blow dry
-when the hair is dry put a little Smoothing Groomer into each section before you straighten. The smaller the section the better the results you will acheieve.
-Go slow the cuticle layer needs to be laid down. Go slow even to the very ends

All salon products are very concentrated go easy on the amount do a little first and add more as needed. your hair should feel like silk.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
flat, irons, straightening