How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2003
front row

I use the Unil ceramic flat irom...I got it on Ebay for 67.00. It is made in the same factory as the Chi and is exactly the same only less expensive.

27-01-2004
windowshopping

i love my sapphire works great, the Chi ceramic ones are also really good, supposed to not be as bad for ur hair, also hot tools is a really good one thats a fraction of the price.

27-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 17th, 2003 - 2:24 pm
I used to straighten my sister's hair with a regular iron she lies down on the floor and I put a sheet of paper on top of her flat brushed hair, and I press the iron over it... its cheap and it works... of course, not all of you have a gay brother to do it for you
My mom used to do that back when she was a mod!

28-01-2004
windowshopping

I've bought a GHD ceramic iron and I absolutely love it. I think that as long as you use a heat protector before (I use GHD oil) and condition very well after each shampoo, your hair should be fine.

Btw I am new here!

28-01-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 17th, 2003 - 2:24 pm
I used to straighten my sister's hair with a regular iron she lies down on the floor and I put a sheet of paper on top of her flat brushed hair, and I press the iron over it... its cheap and it works... of course, not all of you have a gay brother to do it for you
Hey Alex! My dad is not gay and he used to do that with my mom who had hair uo to her waist whenthey were going out!!! LOL

But he was a man in love...LOL

Sofia

28-01-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by karen k+Oct 29th, 2003 - 1:11 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(karen k @ Oct 29th, 2003 - 1:11 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissFire@Mar 13th, 2003 - 12:29 pm
i use the Chi Ceramic iron. my hair is pretty thick too. and it makes it so smooth and straight. love it
i agree, Chi is great. i love the way it staightens my hair, not like the other straightening irons that damage hair and cause split ends. there's no tugging and going back over the same piece just to get it staight. [/b][/quote]
My hairdresser uses a Chi which I love...I bought a Unil it is exactly like the Chi but less expensive. I use it every 2-3 days and my hair is not damaged. I use Biosilk before I straighten it.

28-01-2004
front row

I straighten my hair about two times a week and I've used a couple different types of straightening irons but I find that the products you use make a lot more of a difference than the actual type of Iron, I'm currently using citre shine get straight straightening balm and think it works almost as well as some other more expensive brands.

28-01-2004
backstage pass

My mother also ironed her hair when she was younger. She never told me about the piece of paper part so I am thrilled that I never tried this on my own as I probably would have burned my hair off!

Any ceramic plated iron will work well- CHI is an excellent one. Get a thinner one (3/4 of an inch, or 1 inch) if you would like to be able to straighten close to the scalp and a wider one if your hair is very long.

It is very important to not linger the iron on your hair too long and to comb along the section of the hair before running an iron through (otherwise you can get stuck on a section- or have uneven results) even if you are using a better iron (ie ceramic).

29-01-2004
backstage pass

Definately use a ceramic one. Especially if your hair is treated in any way. Metal straighteners are damaging to processed hair. And I highly recommend Biosilk products. They're a little pricey but worth the money. I swear by them.

22-02-2004
The mod squad

Was jus wondering if there's any good straightner u recommend?
And how is a ceramic straightner any diffrent frm the rest?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c.JPG (16.5 KB, 7 views)

windowshopping

I recommend a Chi ceramic straightener. They are $129... but are BY FAR the best. If you're looking for one a little cheaper that works really well too...
I'd suggest a Vidal Sassoon ceramic straightener from Target $29 or maybe a Hot Tools ceramic straightener for $49

23-02-2004
front row

Oh please don't use hot tools! I would say go with the Chi ceramic straightener, but if that's over your budget, I would get the Helen of Troy ceramic straightener. You can get a variety of widths depending on the length of your hair, and you can find them at any beauty supply store.

23-02-2004
windowshopping

CHI is a LIFE SAVER!

23-02-2004
windowshopping

Hot Tools and Helen of Troy both suck I think. I have gone through probably 20 of those things... all different kinds. The Hot Tools ceramic one I got this last time lasted me the longest of the two brands. I got tired of them breaking and not heating up one random day, so I went ahead and bought a Chi. Also a GHD Straightener is really good I hear.. it's in the 80-90 range. GOOD LUCK!

23-02-2004
The mod squad

How much does a CHI cost? And where can i buy one? (Don't live in the states,am in sweden)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
flat, irons, straightening