How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-05-2004
V.I.P.

Straightening Hair - Salon Treatments
i heard some salons can permamently straighten hair and it stays so for two months or so..
is that true and how does it work?

thankoo

03-05-2004
front row

I think it's a chemical treatment, kind of like a perm but straightning.

03-05-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Yep, lots of Afro-Carribean women where I live have their frizz straightened out with a more extreme version of the straightening perm.

scenester

Oh, yeah, it lasts about six months. You are supposed to have a consultation first so they can find out how intense the teatment needs to be for your hair and if your hair type is suitable. One of the types is the Yuko System. It straightens your hair and actually improves the condition.

You can read about it all over the internet. Here's a good website to check out: http://www.go-straight.com/

04-05-2004
V.I.P.

Oh nice cool. i don't need anything extreme, just my hair is slightly wavy/weird and i can't be bothered to straighten it for 20 minutes each morning

whee i'll check it out though thanks.

V.I.P.

ex crytalized.... u shud try n get it REBONDED... this as far as i know.. is the best treatment for straightening at the moment... and the least harmful

04-05-2004
yes

the only thing about those treatments are.......you cant apply them to coloured hair

so if you're already dyed........u cant have it

try....umberto gianni straightening balm.....you apply it to damp hair and blow dry through.......your hair will be soft and straight

05-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@May 4th, 2004 - 4:06 pm
the only thing about those treatments are.......you cant apply them to coloured hair

so if you're already dyed........u cant have it

try....umberto gianni straightening balm.....you apply it to damp hair and blow dry through.......your hair will be soft and straight
damn i have dyed hair.

i'll try to find that balm..if not i'll try to order it online or get it if/when i visit UK. thanks

backstage pass

I got a chemical defrizzing treatment at a salon. It worked wonders. It cut down my hair to about half the thickness, but I still have body and curl. It lasted for about six months. The only thing you need to do is depending on how fast your hair grows, get the regrowth touched up every few months or so, but I haven't had to have this done yet.

05-05-2004
trendsetter

I recently had a Japanese Reconditioning (straightening) Treatment. The woman, who is Japanese and was trained in Japan, said that it would last up to a year and that I may need to come back in 6 months for upkeep on sections of newly grown hair, near the roots.
My hair is now pin straight and I don't have to blow it dry or flat iron after shampoo-ing. I love the way my hair feels. My hair shinier and softer than it has ever been.

I don't know what relaxing perms involve, but my stylist (who recommended the reconditioning treatment) said that the Japanese Reconditioning was not remotely as damaging. Also, flat ironing and blow drying on a daily basis is probablymore damaging on your hair.

Oh, and yeah, the technician working on my hair turned away a woman who walked in for consultation because she had processed/colored hair. She also said that she didn't recommend the treatment for people with fine hair.

Personally, I love my hair after the treatment and would recommend it to anyone interested.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, salon, straightening, treatments