How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-05-2005
backstage pass

Tiny curlers or a 1/2 inch curling iron and a whole can of hairspray should do it.

The last one has a bead head frizz to it...you could try curling your hair the night before and sleeping on it. Hope that helped.

13-05-2005
front row

I vote for just trying this first: wash your hair, don't use a really smoothing conditioner, just a middling one, towel dry it a little and get a soft scrunchy. Twist a few pieces in spirals, put on the scrunchy at the top back of your head so it's a loose, super high pony tail, twist the ends a little as you lie down with hair still kinda damp, and fall asleep. With any luck, you'll wake up looking like that - seriously. (I get a bit of the effect without doing the twisty parts but out of laziness doing the above.)

13-05-2005
fashion elite

^ yes I agree w/ cbcb! This is what I do, and my hair is similar to the pics... but the Emmy one is light tighter curls...

13-05-2005
front row

You can also try washing your hair, letting it slightly naturally dry...then before its completely dry divide it into sections, twirl each section and roll up and secure with a pin, then leave it like that for a few hours...it works for me

13-05-2005
scenester

i tried to get this stylr perfec for years, but i found curling tongs didnt get the right sort of curl and tended to drop out quickly.

i use the GHD straightening irons as they are much hotter than regular tongs/straighteners. divide hair into sections and clamp the hair at the root, as you pull down (as if you were straightening), twist the irons round the hair coil it upwards. hold for a few seconds then release and fix with a light hairspray.

it is quite time consuming but the results are well worth it i think.

good luck!

13-05-2005
tea time

^^^ i do this too it is a great technique plus you get smoother curls!

or if your super lazy you could always create curls buy putting rags in your hair. wash your hair as normal then get strips of cotton tying it at the root then sliding it down the hair to the end and then twisting it so the hair ends up around the strip of fabric then tying it again at the top. repeat this over the head in different sections the bigger the section the looser the curl! then go to bed and wait until morning and there you go

you could always add some product to keep the curls in place like hair moose.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

14-05-2005
rising star

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm not sure how the GHD one works though - aren't those irons big and flat? I'm not sure how you can curl with that? And also, where do you get the hair "rags"? Can you get them at like, Sephora or someplace? Thanks!!!

14-05-2005
scenester

ghd's are the very slim ceramic irons with a rolled edge, they are very popular over here in the uk. The heat remains constant throughout use and the technology helps seal in natural oils and moisture instead of drying it out like iron plated ones. here is their website: http://www.ghds.co.uk/

god dont mention hair ragging to me... i did this today precisely cos i was feeling lazy. NOT a good look for me who has thick frizzy hair at the best of times. i removed the rags and my hair remained coiled up...even after pulling it and brushing it out it still sprung right back up there by my ears.so i decided to brush the whole lot out, and it is now HUGE. i almost cried...talk about a bad hair day, all i could do was scrape it back into a bun as i had no time to re-wash it. lol, dont think ill be trying that anytime soon.

14-05-2005
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adore
And also, where do you get the hair "rags"? Can you get them at like, Sephora or someplace? Thanks!!!
i just cut up an old top they are basically just strips of fabric

and antonia that happened to me once but because my hair was short. the curls only drop when i have longer hair and its weighty! so it will be straight hair for me until it grows again

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

26-05-2005
scenester

do you think this would work out? (haircolor)
i have total dark hair it is something between brown and black. same with my friend. well, we decided, that a honey blond would be nice. so we decided to let the dark color grow out. but as you can imagine that'll look total blah when the roots begin to be seen. so i had the idea that we could take semi permanent colors in light brown tones until our hair has grown enough to cut the dark parts of. do you think it would work out if we take semi permanent color or not?

18-06-2005
front row

Need some advice
ok i have naturally dark hair and i wanted to go blonde so i went to my hairdresser but it didnt turn out at all the way i wanted it.

he bleached highlights into my whole head first and then he put a toner on so it looks caramel with white streaks that look like gray hairs and i was wondering that if i got blond hair dye from a normal pharmacie and dyed it over my hair now would it turn out fine??? any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated

here is me now *note* that it doesnt look as bad as it really is in the picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03936.JPG (143.6 KB, 18 views)

19-06-2005
front row

Hey, it doesn't look bad at all. But I would say don't try to re-dye it yourself! Definitely get a picture of what you want it to look like and give it to the person who does your hair. It will probably be worth it to have someone professional do it.

19-06-2005
front row

^^ thats wut i did do in the first place but he started tellin me it would be hard to get that color on my hair and i ended up with this instead

19-06-2005
front row

Probably what he meant when he said "it would be hard to get that color" was that it wouldn't match your skintone? It is hard to tell in the picture what your exact coloring is, but have you ever gone blonde before? If you are really really set on doing it I guess just go ahead and try it, but I still think it would be better to go to a real hairdresser (maybe go to a different one than you usually go to). Sorry, not really helpful.

20-06-2005
fashion elite

That kinda of happened to me...

When youre brunette, you cant easily go too light...
I wouldnt touch it at home, if youre really insisting (maybe you could gradually lighten up... like next time you get a color go lighter) then go to a salon, someone else tho- that either doesexactly what you want (Gwen Stefani is brunette too and look at her?!) or tells you straight up that its not possible...

Over all tho- I love it on you, it looks super cute with the bangs...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, hair, style