How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-06-2005
backstage pass

This is the hairstyle I want-Daria looks so great here!

23-06-2005
front row

hey! any recommendations on hairstyles for guys?! had a mohawk cut...and i loved it! but my most recent trip to the salon butchered my hair..-darn- now it's like a dead short mohawk..haha. really feel like shaving all my hair off!

23-06-2005
tfs star

purple, I love the variations on the asymetrical bob via vidal sasson. here are my two favorite cuts-- I have a pixie myself which is always so simple, but always I the flip-- here's my namesake's best version of it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kate moss hair.jpg (4.1 KB, 526 views)
File Type: jpg emma peel 2.jpg (128.5 KB, 5 views)

01-07-2005
windowshopping

hair help!
Hello everyone! My name is Lou and I'm new here! I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies could help me with something. I am dying to wear my hair in this style but have NO idea how to go about it:

Anyone have any idea?!? Thank you so much

01-07-2005
scenester

Sorry, I didn' see the pictures ._.

perchè ognuno possa un giorno
trovare la

02-08-2005
windowshopping

Hair style solutions for receding hairline?
Hi there,

I'm a 20 year old male college student that has recently begun to notice the hairline sliding back a bit. It wouldn't be such a big deal for me if I wasn't so young and if my hair wasn't so "famous" among my friends. I began to notice it just after my decision to start growing out my hair. I had never had it long before so I was game to try it. When I did notice, I didn't know what to do, I told everyone I was gonna grow out my hair and so I was too embarrassed to get it cut again... Obviously though, I can't really wear the long hair now as it just makes it all the more apparent (except of course if I positioned the hair over the balding regions, effectively doing a combover, which isn't an option). So here's my point, I need advice for hairstyles/cuts to try or anything else you all think might be helpful. The option of just shaving it all gone isn't so appealing (for now) because I still have SO much hair. I want to stretch out my time w/ it for as long as possible. If I shave it all off, 1. it'll be obvious that I'm balding (I've been wearing a lot of hats lately) and 2. I'd have to admit that fact to all my friends right now and I don't think I'm ready to do that... My wish is to hopefully find a hairstyle or something that lets me wear real, full hair for at least a little while longer as I allow myself more time to get used to it. Hopefully you all can see that I know and understand it's gonna happen and that I should just embrace it... I just don't want to yet. In fact, I wouldn't even be troubled if this was happening in my late twenties rather than my very late teens (which is when I started to notice it).

Below are pictures that will show you where I'm coming from and what I have to work with.

These first 3 are w/o touching my hair at all, this is just how my hair sits:

(Slightly worse side is pic on right)

These next 3 are w/ me having parted my hair at the point of recession to show how far back it goes and holding my hair straight back for the middle shot:

Hopefully you guys can help me out and gimme some good advice.

-MrShow

Last edited by MrShow85; 02-08-2005 at 05:21 PM. Reason: typo

03-08-2005
slightly dizzy

A few years ago, my hair started to get thin at the top, so I simply chopped it off... The funny thing is that I lost a bit, and then it sort of stabilized. I don't think I've lost any hair for the past couple of years!

If you really want to combat hairloss, you could try something like Propecia or similar drugs which contain Finasteride.

I don't think that any hairstyle can successfully conceal thinning/receding. Most attempts just draw attention to the fact instead of hiding it. IMO.

11-08-2005
V.I.P.

How Do I Get This Look?
I'm absolutely inept when it comes to styling my hair. Could someone please tell me how to achieve this fabulous 'do? Thanks so much!

12-08-2005
urd
tfs star

large rollers

13-08-2005
V.I.P.

Hot or Velcro?

13-08-2005
trendsetter

velcros..... and mousse.

13-08-2005
V.I.P.

I would use hot, personally... =)

23-08-2005
trendsetter

Trendy cuts for Fall?
I need an incredible change in my hair before back to school, and I want a trendy, new look. My hair is long, brown, straight, and smooth. I want a trendy medium/long length look. I'm so picky when it comes to new styles that I need as much help as I can get! Love to you much for the help!

24-08-2005
front row

I think with hair cuts, it's more important to choose one that compliments your face shape rather than what's trendy. If you have an oval face shape (any style is complimentary) I would go with a choppy look. They could razor it for you but you would have to be willing to grow it out for a while if you wanted a change afterwards. Curls are going to be big for fall so you might just want to keep your current style and sacrifice some time once in a while to curl your hair. Since you said you wanted an incredible change, I know an awesome style some younger people are doing is the faux mohawk. I don't think you need a special cut, it's more in the styling. I know you're thinking "mohawk, ew" and I thought the same thing, but it's a more stylish, sexy look. I've been looking for some pictures, if I can find one I'll post it. Sorry I couldn't help more

26-08-2005
scenester

Are you thinking of a cut or a color? If you're considering a color, you might want to try a brown/red color highlight. I did it like a year ago, and I really, really love it. Its different, but still subtle, and certainly a departure from the thick blonde highlights that are everywhere.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, hair, style