How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
I wonder how the international models end up with decent hair? I suppose half the time it is wigs and computer editing.

Most models do not dye their hair.

23-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostFamous
Most models do not dye their hair.
Yeah, or I assume they would use semi-permanent dye to change the colour a bit because it doesn't ruin the hair as much as permanent colour.

24-10-2005
The mod squad

How to get this hairstyle
I absolutely love the way Hilary Duff has her pony tail with it going a bit ' poof '. I've tried to do the same, but it ends up looking weird cause of all the clips and the ' poofy ' part dissapears within an hour and then it looks like a regular ponytail.

Any advice?

( hilarysource.4fans )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V-HilaryDuff_20051017_10.jpg (65.3 KB, 26 views)

24-10-2005
backstage pass

I guess you have to either tease the hair on top of your head and use loads of hairspray or you have to use a (I don't know what it's called in English ) "hair pad" or "hair cushion", which you fix on top of your head with some hairpins and then you comb your hair over it (and use loads of hairspray! ). Good luck!

24-10-2005
V.I.P.

Get Sexy Hair Backcomb in a bottle. I wear my hair like that all the time because of this genius product. It's like a spray that poofs up your hair and makes it stay that way. Just google it...they sell it online.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/

25-10-2005
Eat me, drink me

Hm, I'd say start blowdrying with mousse and a gigantic round brush, then set the crown with velcro rollers and, if you still need it, backcomb hair. Backcombing is sooooo damaging! Then you just make the ponytail low and 'loosen' the hair on the top of your head from the ponytail by finger-combing and pulling hair up a little bit. It could work like that - maybe getting a messier result.

25-10-2005
The mod squad

Thanks everyone

25-10-2005
elementary.

yes. backcombing & teasing is a must !
take a triangular section of hair frm behind yr fringe
backcomb frm behind till it's as poofy as you want . . .
twist & pin !

31-10-2005
Frozen irony.

I been thinking about this lately too.. my hair is brown but ive dyed it so much that is golden brown hint with a hint red in it, I don't know if that sounds right.

What will happen if i dye it blonde? Will it go a weird colour?

31-10-2005
V.I.P.

The red might stay. You're gonna have to bleach it to get rid of the colour BUT make sure you go past the "red" stage otherwise it WILL look a weird colour.

IDK if I'm making sense, but it is possible to get blonde hair that looks good, I just advise that you don't try doing it yourself and that your hairdresser has done it before and that he/she is experienced and qualified

31-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakrist
hey guys. I really want to do something with my hair now, but dont know what to do!!! i haven´t cut my hair in a while, so there is no real shape/Style to it now...
I have short hair (well, not THAT short anymore), and mocca-coloured. And I have a really hard time finding pics of cool styles that would work for me...
I woulf really like to both color and cut a bit, but i have no idea what I want!! I want to look feminie though, and i quite like maggie gyllenhall, but im not sure at all...
Could you help me? id really appreciate it, I kinda look a mess right now...

pic: its a bit longer now, its from a month back:
Hi
I think you should take out some of the weight of your hair at the bottom, by thinning it out, so that their is more movement in it.I would bring that wave in your hair out by layering, and bringing it up in the back.Kind of as if your hair were fuller at the roots and then the wave tapered off, if you know what I mean.

02-11-2005
V.I.P.

I tried winding my hair around the shaft of a ghd and it didnt work ... i am dying to get kinky waves or gorgeous soft curls.... please help !!!

02-11-2005
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

I have curls..I guess I'm the last person to give advice on how to get straight hair to behave curly..but (there's allways a 'but' ) have you tried washing it and braiding it while it's damp, before you go to bed? you could spray it with a "setter" and that might give you that casual curly look.

pinterest : hanneonpin

02-11-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
I been thinking about this lately too.. my hair is brown but ive dyed it so much that is golden brown hint with a hint red in it, I don't know if that sounds right.

What will happen if i dye it blonde? Will it go a weird colour?
I think the red happens because of the toner in the hair colour has disappeared. I don’t think anything will go wrong if you dye it blonde, but maybe check with like the people selling you the hair colour or with the hairdresser.

By the way I think plenty of models do dye their hair, it’s just a matter of keeping it healthy by using the right products.

Last edited by songbirdsel; 02-11-2005 at 10:50 PM.

03-11-2005
urd
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
I have curls..I guess I'm the last person to give advice on how to get straight hair to behave curly..but (there's allways a 'but' ) have you tried washing it and braiding it while it's damp, before you go to bed? you could spray it with a "setter" and that might give you that casual curly look.
I think that braiding your hair and sleeping is a good advice. the curls that follow are very pretty and natural

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, hair, style