How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-01-2007
scenester

Okay, so I'm thinking of getting bangs too... But I'm not too sure about what kind.. thick and graphic, to the side, above or below the eyebrow?

Oh, enlighten me please! Or just give me some advice...

Some pics of me -what do you think? How about the color? I'm kind of wondering how it would be to be a brunette...
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Images

17-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by madem0iselle
thanks!
im wondering whats the difference of a highlight and no highlight? will highlights look less natural?
i'm chinese, dark hair. with highlights of full head this helps to make the hair look more volume (i can't figure out how else to say that) and also it's more managable than all over dye (if u do a solid colour all over, u have to re dye the roots every 6-8 weeks!) u could have warm brown highlights if u want it to be more natural
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for fashionspot.jpg (43.7 KB, 3 views)

17-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_L
Someone help me: I have no idea how to use a curling iron and I really want to learn! I got a good one for Christmas- it has a really wide barrel, but I can't get it to curl my hair, which is very, very thick and a bit wild. Is there a technique I dont know about? Every time I attempt to curl my hair all that happens is that the ends kink up a bit. Any advice?
i used to have longer hair and i use hair mouse and roll the curlers around it then leave to dry and blow dry with a diffuser and leave in an after mist.

17-01-2007
fashion elite

I love Asian girls hair when they dye it in a reddish brown. I dont know how to describe it..but it looks so magnificant on asians.

17-01-2007
trendsetter

thanks girlies if i end up dying my hair ill post pics!

Joynips- i like ur blonde i actually think if u go darker u mite look more mature and summers coming too so stay light! i can see a side bang swept aside it would look nice

17-01-2007
windowshopping

How do I do my hair like this?

lime-light.org

I love the texture of her hair here, with soft barely noticable waves. how would I do this to my own hair?

18-01-2007
front row

All right well I don't know where to post and I'm not sure if I should create a new thread but I am desperately seeking help on how to create this hairstyle:

Picture from Facebook.com, but edited and uploaded on my own

I would love to create this look in time for a special dinner I'm having with my boyfriend I would like to get all dolled up for him Is there an actual name for this hairstyle? If there is, it would probably be easier to find tips online. I can never seem to get the poof and height, and it seems that when I try to pin it, the hair section just splits down the middle where my part is and them resembles two sections (can anyone picture this?)

If there are any experts here, please describe all your steps, or even good website links that would help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by December_25th; 18-01-2007 at 01:45 AM.

18-01-2007
windowshopping

you could always use those ocean salt sprays you know the ones for a beach hair effect but that would work more if your hair was naturally a tad wavy! alternatively you can use a curling tong or slimline straightener to create soft waves and use a little serum and maybe tie a bun or something to soften the look!

18-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonieAlexandria
I love Asian girls hair when they dye it in a reddish brown. I dont know how to describe it..but it looks so magnificant on asians.
is the colour called auburn

hope this helps someone: hair colours reference sample http://www.wiggoddess.com/exclusivelyyoucolors.html

18-01-2007
windowshopping

I really need my hair cut and want to try something different
What type of cut do you guys think would look good on me?

Thanks in advance!

19-01-2007
backstage pass

okay so i need help! i have no pictures of myself but many people say i resemble penelope cruz (except for the fact that i am indian)...we have similar facial features. but neways, i really want a new hairstyle. currently, my hair is very long and i usually wear side bangs..i kind of want to go for a blunt bang, but do u think that will suit me?? and is there some way blunt bangs could be styled to the side if it doesn't look good in front...im trying to look at haircuts and styles that look good on penelope cruz but im having a hard time so help would be appreciated!!

19-01-2007
V.I.P.

mya-i think blunt bangs would be fine, but it's going to depend on how big or small your forehead is. i think penelope has a longish nose, that does look like it takes up a good portion of her face-ratio-wise, if you have a smaller forehead, your going to have to start the bangs further back.

20-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinde
I really need my hair cut and want to try something different
What type of cut do you guys think would look good on me?

*Please do not quote pictures*
Thanks in advance!
A mid-length wispery fringe...and I would go a lighter brown, I am loving Davina McCall's hair colour at the moment - tried to find a a recent photo of her latest hair colour but having trouble!

Last edited by Hanne; 23-01-2007 at 03:25 PM.

21-01-2007
backstage pass

Hey guys. I am in dire need of a hair style suggestion for my engagment party on Saturday. My hair is brownish and a bit past my shoulders. I wanted an elegant updo but not something that is so overly done I'll feel boring. Do you have any suggestions or pictures?

21-01-2007
backstage pass

Sorry for the double post but it don't allow me to edit my post above. I was also thinking of maybe cutting it a bit, I am debating over getting bangs or not. I haven't had bangs since I was 10, I'm 25 now.

Here is a recent picture of me.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, hair, style