How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-02-2005
Storm & Sommer

I lean towards nay..

The reason is that your skin judging from your photo, is rosy like mine..and platinum haircolour will emphasise this. Going platinum will demand a lot of extra effort make-up wise. I went platinum years back..and looking a old pictures of me..I don't think it really suited me.

Oh and another thing..you're hair, like mine seems curly..which means its probably drier and more proned to breakage and damage..taking that into consideration..stressing your hair by going platinum would mean more upkeep to keep your hair healthy.
If I was you I'd go more towards a hazelnut colour...

Good Luck whatever you decide on..in any case if you hate it...it'll grow out..

pinterest : hanneonpin

02-02-2005
Reanimated

Hey- thanks for the replies. I re-scheduled for later in the month. I am torn between going to a reddish-chesnut or to the p-l-a-t-i-n-u-m. <--- Leaning this way- I'll post a pic later!

03-02-2005
backstage pass

Why don't you go platinum and then if you hate it switch to the reddish-chesnut option? Wouldn't it be easier to dye over that way? Experiment. Live a little. It's only hair.

That said? I can't see your face because you took the picture down, and I also might not be aware of problems caused by all that dye. But good luck! And please post pictures of whatever you do.

20-02-2005
windowshopping

Dying My Red Hair . . .
I'm highly considering dying my red hair. I have freckles also. I want to go a darker color. More . . auburn/brown since I've always wanted my hair to be brown. You guys are pretty good at helping people out, so should I do it?

I know the pictures are kinda wierd, but they're the only ones I could find where you could see my hair color pretty decently. I tried to find a picture of how I want it, but all the files were too big and I'm not sure how to resize them. Soooo. I want something Lindsay Lohan-like.

Thank you guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sexpot.JPG (56.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Stef smile, Dana not.JPG (59.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Stef n Jack.JPG (67.8 KB, 9 views)

21-02-2005
User Friendly

I think your hair color is great.. especially in the second picture

23-02-2005
tfs star

oh god i love your hair color! you're going to regret changing it- especially because it will be SO HARD ever getting it back to its natural color. I'd keep it- its truly beautiful.

23-02-2005
windowshopping

yes i agree. beautiful hair color. if you chemically treat your hair, you run the risk of damaging the hair.

23-02-2005
fashion insider

You`ve got a really beautiful hair. Many people want to reach your color, but painted hair is never the same. So I advise you not to change it.

23-02-2005
tfs star

you could pull it off, but i already think you look nice right now,, your hair is pretty dark looking in those pictures

30-03-2005
backstage pass

Hair Coloring Questions
Ok...I need some help and advice please! I am a natural blonde but am thinking about going to a brighter color blonde. I have never dyed my hair before and I am really scared. Will my natural color grow back darker? Will I damage my hair? Will I be addicted to dying it (this is what my friends say) I usually think of my hair as my best feature so I don't want to ruin it but I want just a little bit blonder...any advice? Please help!

30-03-2005
front row

Hmmm.... I would say talk to a stylist. I don't think that your roots will grow back darker, it might just look that way. Anytime you put chemicals in your hair, there will be some damage, though it shouldn't be anything awful (unless you bet a total bleach job). I recommend getting it done by a stylist and then getting your ends trimmed. Hope I helped!

30-03-2005
backstage pass

^^thank you! I will talk to a stylist...I still wanted to hear some advice from here just in case. Thanks for helping though!

02-04-2005
windowshopping

regarding your questions about hair colouring, I agree with DarkBrunette. Working on virgin hair is always easier than working on processed hair, and as you wish to stay on a blonde level you shouldn't have to many problems. I think the main thing is that you oviously have to look after treated hair well and have a good stylist. The main problems tend to arise when you continually process hair and particularly when you go from light to very dark colours and the reverse. Your hair will not grow out darker as such, as D.Brunette says "it often looks darker due to the surrounding lighter colour and also it is virgin hair uneffected or lightened by sun, salt, etc. Perhaps foils would be an option as they donot effect the whole head and leave a lot of your natural hair. ALso the regrowth problem is not as bad. - Monique

03-04-2005
backstage pass

Thanks for your advice Glamourette11!

03-04-2005
front row

I agree with the posts here, i think highlights/foils would look best and when they started to grow out it wouldn't look too noticeable in comparision to having all your hair dyed.But talk to a stylist as to see what would be best as i'm no hair expert! I did get addicted to dying my hair, lol, but thats just because i loved the change after i grew bored of being one colour switching to another! Good luck!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, hair, style