How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-03-2009
Fashion Designer

Papercut Crisis .. maybe you can let it grow a little so they cant see your scalp just a little more so it looks even.

24-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellat View Post
Papercut Crisis .. maybe you can let it grow a little so they cant see your scalp just a little more so it looks even.
i gave that a shot at one point and no matter what i tried it just looked goofy from about 1cm to a few inches long. but my hair is kind of rough and thick... so i couldnt figure out what to do with it when it was long.

24-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellat View Post
Esperanza i think your hair is gorgeous like that but i can relate with that feeling of needing something different, my hair is really thin and has zero volume, i just went ahead and change color from dark brown with highlights to a redhead. i had the same lenght as you and im letting it grow now, i just got bangs a couple of weeks ago, and it helped to get a different casual look, instead of having my hair down i just have a ponytail or a bun and it looks better with the bangs. id say try with a different color, maybe something warmer like a chocolate shade with some low lights and highlights. yoou are gorgeous im sure you can pull every look. Hmm im just thinking maybe you could change the way you style your hair instead of doing color or cutting it.
oh your so sweet and thank you for the compliment n for your advice yeah i never know what to do with my hair. i have thought about bangs but i have arab features so it might be a bit hard on me, i havnt tried low lights before. how do they work? i use to have high lights which were caramel and blonde. i also never tie my hair up cos i think it doesnt suite me. lol i duno why but it maked my hair really flat or maybe its me being a bit self consious. i always have my hair straight n side frindge. got any ideas with hair styles i can never think of any that would suite me?? Another reason why i wanted a change is because thats how all the girls in my city are trying to look now (kim kardashian style)(fake hair,tanned,extention, and really upthemselve skanks) and it makes me feel like i am trying to look like them, when this is my natural colours.

Last edited by Esperanza; 24-03-2009 at 09:45 PM.

25-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza View Post
thanks the only problem if i went brown wud be my eyebrows being dark brown n i dont know how to make them lighter
Dark brown eyebrows with that hair color will look nice. It is possible to match your eyebrows to your hair color, but I don't recommend it at all. The regrowth is quick and looks funny. Some variation between brow color and hair color is normal, in fact a lot of people who don't color their hair have darker or lighter brows.

25-03-2009
windowshopping

I'm getting bored of my hair. I've been looking for some hair styles but I am very confused on what would suit me best, I still want to keep my bangs. I just need something to add enhance my round face without making it look like my head is tiny .

This picture was taken months ago so my hair is a little bit longer now, sorry for the bad quality also!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 141623.jpg (124.6 KB, 6 views)

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

i think your hairs nice mariaXimena. maybe just cutting some layers into it would be a good idea.

25-03-2009
windowshopping

I'll take any suggestions. Right now I just blowdry and straighten it out. Pictures a little dark from my webcam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n83504193_30618366_7033.jpg (32.9 KB, 3 views)

26-03-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
i think your hairs nice mariaXimena. maybe just cutting some layers into it would be a good idea.
See the thing is that every time for the last year and a half or so all I have gotten is layers and I've had bangs for the longest time I can't get rid of them, I feel like I need some kind of change ahahah

27-03-2009
backstage pass

fresh buzz. what does tfs think?

28-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaXimena View Post
See the thing is that every time for the last year and a half or so all I have gotten is layers and I've had bangs for the longest time I can't get rid of them, I feel like I need some kind of change ahahah

ahhhh ok. well get a bob then. it will suite ur face shape nicely. n a side swept bang

06-04-2009
V.I.P.

^Agree. bob would look wonderful on you MariaXimena!

08-04-2009
backstage pass

i want to cut my my hair, but dont know how.. i dont want it short, cause i always cut it short and this is the longest it has ever been!

And i want a different hair color.

sorry for the face, i looked weird so no face:p

08-04-2009
V.I.P.

i think a nice bob like victoria beckhams wud be nice? but more sleek with a side swept frindge (bang)

08-04-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmodesteph View Post
Ok. I need help with my hair. I had this picture taken with my friend last week and I saw it yesterday and was horrified. My hair just hangs there. I need a major change. I think it's too long, but I'm not sure...

I've been growing it out for a long time (it's mid back length) and also growing out my fringe (just about at my jaw bone now) I have some layers. It is naturally curly and I'm told on the thin side. I've always been afraid of a shorter hairstyle because my face is round.

Please help! Any pictures of what I should do would be really helpful. I have also considered chemical hair straightening but I'm not sure if it would just make my face look even more round...

Hey your hair reminds me of my sister's ! Well you for sure need to give your hair some shape ! I have round face too and I have blunt straight bangs and parted in the middle. I flat iron it ! If you live in TO, head to Civello on Queen best advice you can get from the stylist ! Let us know how it went!
Best

09-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
i think a nice bob like victoria beckhams wud be nice? but more sleek with a side swept frindge (bang)
Well, i want my hair to be more messy.. i like that out of bed style so no victoria hair:p

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, hair, style