How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-02-2010
Riot Bug

^ Pantene was really terrible too for me in the past... I always being changing of one from another as any of them really suited me... not surprised theres a bunch of dangerous chemicals on them...

i googled SLS-Free Shampoos and I got to an interesting blog killerstrands.blogspot.com where I've extracted this list...

Mini List of SLS-Free Shampoos

ABBA-'True Curls' 10oz : $11.25
ALFA PARF-'Splendore-Hydrate' 9oz:$15.49
ALTERNA - 'Hemp Seed & Cavier'10oz:$16.99
BROCATO - 'Splash' 10oz:$9.45
DEVA -'Curl Low Poo' 12oz:$13.50
ENJOY- all Sulfate-Free 10oz:$12.99
J BEVERLY HILLS - 'Fragile-Colour-Safe' : 12 oz : $13.05
JONATHAN - 'Moisture' 8.4oz : $20.00
KENRA - 'Platinum' 10oz : $14.40
L'ANZA -'Healing Colour Care' 8oz:$16.50
MASTEY- 'Enove Creme Shampoo' 8oz:$9.90
OLE HENRICKSEN - 'Natural Hair Wash' 12oz:$22.00
OSMO- 'Essence Blinding Shine' 9.5oz:$10.99
PAVES PROF- 'Flawless' 8oz:$5.99
PRAVANA-'colour, hydrating, volumizing' 10oz. $12.55
PUREOLOGY-all 3 types 10oz : $21.60
SEXY HAIR- 'Healthy Sexy Soy Milk Chocolate' 13oz: $14.75
TREASURED LOCKS-'Nothing but Nature' Shampoo 10oz : $11.99
ZERRAN- 'Sulfate-Free' 8oz : $16.50

...I wonder if theres any shampoo sulfate free in The Body shop and/or Lush

25-02-2010
front row

Yeah I was surprised at how many different sulfate free shampoos are out there, you just need to take a few minutes to either look it up online or read labels in the store

25-02-2010
windowshopping

I've used DEVA Curl 'Low Poo' along with the 'One Conditioner' for about 6 months now and my hair is unbelievable compared to before.
I had terrible split ends, and my hair shed badly due to an addiction to dyeing my hair.. I got so fed up I tried this routine and started really caring for my hair.
I don't mean to sound like an advertisement but it really worked for me.

27-02-2010
catch me if you can

I love Prive's project vert shampoo. The bottle is small but dont be fooled. Its just like shaving cream but its shampoo. You squirt a little into your palm and rub your hands together and it doubles in size. It runs anywhere from $22-30 if you buy online.

tfs star

I will be looking at the labels next time I buy shampoo. I'm nearly out of my current one so it will be soon.

tfs star

OK actually thought I would save myself some time and have a quick look on Boots.com. The Naked range is free from Sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens and petrochemicals. The reviews sound good and its cheap so I think I'll try this range. Anyone else tried it?

front row

^ I had no idea they even made shampoo!

I was just reading about this brand called David Babaii Wildaid. He's a celebrity stylist that got together with Kate Hudson and made a cruelty free, sulfates,parabens,petrochemical free line that gives 10% to saving endangered animals. I've been having a hard time finding reviews but the ones I do seem to rave about the products and it's only like $10 a bottle.
I think I'm going to pick some up when my bottle of avalon lavender shampoo is done!

28-02-2010
tfs star

I think I have had one before years ago. I just remember that it smelt like cinnamon and didnt lather, obviously this must have been because it was free for sulfates? I will give it another go. The reviews all said they needed to wash their hair less which I try to do anyway.

rising star

I've been using Daniel Galvin Junior natural shampoos for past couple of years sporadically, and they're pretty good. I like the honey dew melon one best, yummy smell. Completely natural too. You can buy them in Waitrose and other supermarkets in the UK as well.

28-02-2010
V.I.P.

chichina, please post a source for your image or it will be deleted.

i tried l'oreal's everpure shampoo and conditioner. i thought it left a film on my hair. i wasnt crazy about it.

rising star

Oops sorry, it's http://cosmetic-candy.com/wp-content...-shampoo-1.jpg

01-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
I will be looking at the labels next time I buy shampoo. I'm nearly out of my current one so it will be soon.
i m definitly gonna start doing the same, i just found out about this

01-03-2010
front row

I love Jason shampoo's and conditioners, my favourite is the apricot one but the lavender and vitamin e ones are nice too. I found that the biotin left my hair dry though.

08-03-2010
front row

giovanni, desert essence organics, aubrey's, john masters organics to name a few.
i've tried a few and you really just have to search around for what works best for your hair. also sometimes it takes a couple of weeks, an "adjustment period" of sorts for your hair to switch over to the natural shampoos, and respond well to them. i don't know if that's really true, but when i originally started using sulfate-free, natural shampoos my hair took a good two weeks before i was happy with the results i was getting . . . overall, it's been about 5 months for me since i switched and i feel my hair is healthier, stronger, and it's not falling out nearly as much. big plus for me.

the only thing i've had trouble with is that i don't know if they clean QUITE as well as a sulfate based shampoo. my hair was oily to begin with, but now it's very difficult to go more than a day, if at all, without shampooing my hair. i also have to wash, rinse, repeat which i never had to do with my old shampoos (kind of annoying as well bc of the cost of a natural shampoo vs drugstore). it's a small price to pay, though, and i've gotten the suggestion of using a tea tree oil shampoo every so often to treat the oily scalp, as well as doing an apple cider vinegar rinse. i haven't actually tried any of these treatments yet, but i'm hoping they will help.

Last edited by in the miso soup; 08-03-2010 at 12:54 AM.
08-03-2010
rising star

Avalon is great shampoo. Lavender X

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
free, shampoos, sulfate