How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2010
front row

in the miso soup:
I have been noticing the same thing! I've always had oily hair but it seems that the natural shampoos are making it very hard to go more than a day without being a greasy mess. I've been debating getting a bottle of matrix biolage Oil Control Treatment. It's this stuff you spray on your scalp like a dry shampoo but it's a "refreshing mist that minimizes the effects of oily scalp and hair. This treatment purifies the scalp of excess oil and impurities." according to the website.

09-03-2010
front row

that sounds interesting, but i'm unfamiliar with the brand, and they don't list ingredients of their products on their website . . . i've switched to natural products for a reason, in almost all of my body care and beauty products. so, it may not be perfect, but i'm making it work & i really believe in it. thanks for the suggestion, though. i'm going to try the acv rinse sometime next week--i'll let everyone know how it works.

24-03-2010
front row

^I'm pretty sure the brand isn't all natural, I believe they use both natural ingredients with not so natural. I couldn't find the ingredients online either, I was reading them off the bottle at Ulta the other day but didn't recognize anything other than the natural oils that are included......I asked one of the girls working at the salon but she didn't have any experience with it and recommended Paul Mitchell's tea tree shampoo but that has a ton of sulfates so it's a no go. I may wait until ulta has one of those buy one get one free deals because I have to pick up some conditioning balm
But the tip to wash hair, rinse and repeat has really helped a lot! My hair isn't a greaseball the next day anymore.

31-03-2010
front row

glad to hear that worked for you, too!!! it's still not ideal, but the hair definitely feels better at the end of a day or so than the first few weeks before i did that.

i might give that product a try then. still haven't tried the apple cider vinegar rinse, i was reading comments about it making your hair smell and uhm . . . i just didn't want to deal with that so i decided to try the tto shampoo. i bought one by avalon organics, the "tea tree and mint treatment," and i've used it once or twice a week for the past three weeks. is it helping?? i don't know. not enough to make me swear by it. the first time i used it, however, my hair looked sooo healthy, full, bouncy, shiny, etc. i thought i had found my HG!!! that didn't last, though. and i don't think my hair is any less oily after a day goes by. on to the next product after it runs out.

17-04-2010
front row

^I also find what helps to keep my hair from getting to oily is to only put conditioner on the ends, like from my chin area down. It also keeps my fine hair from being weighed down

17-04-2010
backstage pass

I use Burt Bee's Shampoos and Conditioners. They've always been sulfate free.

Alba, Avalon Organics, Organix(cheapest) and Carol's Daughter is also good.

17-04-2010
backstage pass

You can try Organix. They are both affordable and can be found in Target, Walmart and Drug stores.

Burt's Bees can be found in Target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goregeous View Post
^I'm pretty sure the brand isn't all natural, I believe they use both natural ingredients with not so natural. I couldn't find the ingredients online either, I was reading them off the bottle at Ulta the other day but didn't recognize anything other than the natural oils that are included......I asked one of the girls working at the salon but she didn't have any experience with it and recommended Paul Mitchell's tea tree shampoo but that has a ton of sulfates so it's a no go. I may wait until ulta has one of those buy one get one free deals because I have to pick up some conditioning balm
But the tip to wash hair, rinse and repeat has really helped a lot! My hair isn't a greaseball the next day anymore.

22-06-2010
Riot Bug

Anybody knows if "The body shop" shampoos are sulfate free??
It'sreally hard for me find a sulfate free brand in Spain!!

backstage pass

^
No, they're not unfortunately.

23-06-2010
Riot Bug

^ i'll keep my search then... I found Lush wasn't either a good choice

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediewho View Post
^ i'll keep my search then... I found Lush wasn't either a good choice
dr hauschka is a european (german) brand that makes sulfate-free shampoo. i don't know if they are carried in spain, however it seems more likely than other brands given that they are based in europe

29-06-2010
fashion elite

what about A'kin products? i think they are sulfate-free - i use them and i like them!

backstage pass

I use Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and indian herbs (shikakai, aritha, amla,...), great for me but I don't think that works on everybody's hair/live style.

In Spain, Dr. Hauschka products are easy to find: drustores (the big ones), herbalist's and El Corte Ingles.
There are also some french brands sulfate free: Logona, Santé.

Does anyone knows if Urtekram uses SLS/SLES? In some INCI list there are but in some others not.

03-07-2010
Riot Bug

I FINALLY found one brand available on my hairdresser sulfate free!!!
the brand is called Tigi and has cool names as the shampoo is called bed head
http://www.thehairroom.co.uk/indiv.php?productID=297

front row

i just started using non-sulfate free shampoo again just to see what would happen (kerastase bain volumactive) and my hair is a hot mess!!! it is sooo oily and i haven't even washed it 24 hours ago. does anybody know if there's a reason why that is (switching from non-SLS to SLS, i mean), or maybe it's just not a good shampoo for me? i'm gonna stick to it another few washes because i've only used it twice so far to see what's happening.

update about the TTO clarifying shampoos: i think this process works. once a week or once every 1.5 weeks i use it instead of my regular shampoo, and my oily scalp is seriously no longer a problem! like, AT ALL. and i have no dandruff or anything as a result. atm i am using desert essence organics lemon tea tree shampoo. i think it might be turning my hair a lighter shade gradually, which i don't really like (it's probably the lemon oil it's the second ingredient), but other than that i like it a lot!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
free, shampoos, sulfate