How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-06-2006
front row

I shop by looking at other gal's hair. I am definately not shy asking people where they get their hair done.

12-06-2006
V.I.P.

Well. I recently dropped my hairstylist of almost...5 years, she knew me back when I was a tender 13 years of age...OMG...Ive known her forever...

I got a new hairstylist, she's fabulous, I love her, but since Im moving to NYC I need to get another new one anyways...

12-06-2006
fashion elite

I've had her for life! (well..I am only 16)

hopefully I'll be seeing her soon to get dun..dun...dun..dunnnn...bangs! (maybe!)

13-06-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegged Wrong
I shop by looking at other gal's hair. I am definately not shy asking people where they get their hair done.
That's how I found my stylist - of rather how my mom found her. My mom was admiring her nail tech's hair and got the referral that way. When I saw my mom's hair, I fell in love. And the rest is, as they say, history

~Madeleine Albright
24-06-2006
scenester

I usually go to this one amazing stylist. but she's always booked. i went in there a month ago to schedual an apoinment. and September 9th was as early as she could get me in. Upset and angry that I wouldn't be able to have the X-Tina platinum blonde hair (her color in her new music video/GQ shots) for the summer. I set up an apointment with another person my friend refered me to and....I now have brassy/yellow hair with red poking through.

I learned a lesson though....
wait..wait..and wait. even if the wait is until SEPTEMBER 9TH. (thank god i didn't cancel that apointment)

25-06-2006
rising star

I've been going to the same stylist for about 5 years now. My mom and I both go to her and she's just great. She did my hair for prom, gave me bangs several times, made me very blonde, experimented with lowlights...I completely trust her for anything! When I lived in DC last summer I had to go to a person there and she butchered my hair...it made me appreciate my stylist even more

25-06-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlevix
I usually go to this one amazing stylist. but she's always booked. i went in there a month ago to schedual an apoinment. and September 9th was as early as she could get me in. Upset and angry that I wouldn't be able to have the X-Tina platinum blonde hair (her color in her new music video/GQ shots) for the summer. I set up an apointment with another person my friend refered me to and....I now have brassy/yellow hair with red poking through.

I learned a lesson though....
wait..wait..and wait. even if the wait is until SEPTEMBER 9TH. (thank god i didn't cancel that apointment)
You should look into "standing" appointments. My stylist is always booked out so my husband and I get standing appointments at the beginning of each year.

~Madeleine Albright
25-06-2006
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

i followed my hair guy to a different salon too. he really listens and i always get the hair cut/color i want!

29-06-2006
V.I.P.

im going to a new slaon on saterday .. im so nervous .. wish me luck

29-06-2006
fashion elite

Im going to have find someone once I move.

My friend works in a spa as an estechian..............so my facials are taking care of. I dont know about the people who do hair there though.

I think I want to go to an Aveda salon.

30-06-2006
fashion icon

My best friend IS my stylist! Don't freak, she's one of the best professionals! Lucky me!!!! So i don't have to worry about my hair....
She can do ANYTHING (and for free! ). We take VERY good care of them, and i'm proud to announce that i'm only 22 years old, but i now EXACTLY what works for my hair ( i say that because i hated my hair(worst hair EVER), and know i love them, so it's really important to me).
So having your stylist on speed dial is pure bliss(for you and your hair)!

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

ive changed my hairdresser again...and again but now im finally happy with my new one! she's lovely and ive been getting tons of compliments and im definitely recommending her.

20-03-2009
windowshopping

I love my stylist but she has been on maternity leave twice in the past couple of years . I went to another sylist at the same salon when she was away.I also like her very much! My origional stylist is back partime only on Sat and Thursdays. Sometimes its hard to book on those days and I go between the two of them. I dont think either one really like it! it is an awkward situation to say the least. Im thinking of switching salons!

24-03-2009
tfs star

I am still hunting. Booo.

front row

I love my stylist. He's a middle aged Greek man with a thick accent and is simply brilliant at cutting, coloring, and styling hair. The only reason I know about him is because 20 years ago he cut my own mother's hair . Apparently he gave her the best hair cut she ever had, so it was my mother who recommended me to see him, and for the last 5 years I've been going to his salon exclusively -- even if I don't go as much as I should. He isn't always available to cut my hair though, but his daughter who is my age will fill in instead, and I'd trust her since she obviously learned from the best.

Its really cute to watch father and daughter joke around and bicker, so going to the salon is hardly a boring or cold environment.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
stylist