How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-03-2009
Deep Red Bells

I have used the same woman for going on 7 years now and LOVE her.
She is the only person who had taken into account the thickness of my hair and what limitations that put on certain cuts. Other people would give me cuts that just didn't work at all with think hair.
She will also tell me NO on thing she knows will just not work with me. She knows how lazy I am with styling so should would never give me a cut that required blowing out every time.

She just told me at my last appointment that she is pregnant and though I am happy for her I know this means she will be working much less or even not at all for a while.
I don't know what I'll do if she decides to be a stay at home mom.

17-06-2009
front row

i've found my perfect hair stylist like three years ago, she was the only one who knew how to make them look really good. but then she was in accident and one person died (her boss) but it wasn't her fault, but she left anyway i want her back
tomorrow i'll try another stylist, i hope she is good.

tfs star

I'm jealous of all of you who have great stylist's that you have known and used for years. I move around so much I end up going wherever I'm recommended in my newest location!

26-07-2009
Riot Bug

I had a couple for some years when i turned to completely blonde until it was too much...i became Scandinavian until they destroy it and they had to cut it (they always wanted to cut it for the very first time i put my foot on that place) and they keep it cutting it... i hated they never listen to me... and they were so extremely flattering with you and how fantastic artists they were... yeah sounds scary surreal!! And they were ridiculous expensive compared with the results... plus they got really angry if for some reason you were traveling and went to another stylist... but they didn't want to sell me products when i moved out so...absurd!

Well i got so fed up to expend money on that and change of it...to a really nice beauty saloon when the environment is less fake smiling and there are 2 main stylists i got the girl first time and i don't wanna change cause she always listens to me and knows exactly what i want...since then my hair has recovered lots from the damaging done in the other place and growing faster and healthier... we are both surprised cause when i arrived there months ago my hair was a complete mess destroyed by whoknowswhichproducts...
btw even its closer to home and their prizes are way better! Plus as being a beauty saloon you can get other services at the same place.

rising star

I've had the same hairdresser for two and a half years - a record for me as I used to shop around a lot. My HD was a final-year apprentice when we first met (after one of my then-frequent DIY colour debacles) and I was one of her first clients. Actually if I recall correctly I was the first client she gave a "real" haircut to LOL. She has never given me a bad colour or cut, always listens to me, knows what works and doesn't work for my hair/face and is a genuinely nice person as are all the salon HDs. I like that she knows how to do a good blonde - I found it hard to find a good blonde HD hence the shopping around.

30-07-2009
rising star

I wish I could find a good one and I've visited a lot. Sometimes I think they don't care about what I want and instead they cut my hair the way they think it's best; well it's not

09-08-2009
scenester

My stylist is GREAT. I can describe a style to her and she knows exactly what I'm talking about, and I've never left the salon with anything less than exactly what I wanted.

I think to get the best out of a hairdresser you need to have in mind exactly what you want and be able to describe it in detail. If possible, take a picture. Being very vocal, asking questions, and giving detailed descriptions of what you want in each section (back, fringe, sides etc) all help... They can't read minds

Most hairdressers are used to being chatty and making conversation so they'd probably appreciate being told throughout what you want, and may even have better ideas that you hadn't thought of.

x

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
stylist