How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-06-2008
little soul

Merged with existing thread

20-09-2008
fashion insider

i heard that bumble &bumble thickening spray is good... has anyone tried it?

20-09-2008
mie
scenester

I have thin hair and have found that past a certain length, there isn't much you can do to keep it from looking, well, thin. More length = more weight; weight x gravity x time = flat hair. Unfortunately.

There's all the stuff you read and hear about - blow dry hair upside down, use a volumizing mousse/wax/pomade and scrunch at the roots, sleep with your hair in pigtails, use hot rollers, etc. - and I can't say that it won't work for you, but I never got any significant volume until I cut my hair short. And even then it was still thin.

Even with short hair, none of the volumizing products worked for more than a few hours, with one (currently discontinued, blah!) exception. But mine is stick straight, thin, fine, and I have a both a weirdly shaped cranium and a slightly odd growth pattern, both of which accentuate my hair's thinness.

Oh, one more thing - I do the whole "no 'poo" thing, and my hair has more body and grip than before. So you may want to look into that, although the trade-off is that it doesn't give you that really silky, slippery hair that many people like.

15-10-2008
front row

^ you are so right. you can give your hair temporary volume but usually its VERY temporary and you can still tell beyond the first glance that the person's hair is not NATURALLY full.

i find the morning after washing my hair is always the best, 2nd day is okay, and by 3rd day it's about as unvoluminous as can be...

scenester

almond oil really helps strengthen my fine hair

25-10-2008
Adore You

my hair isnt thin but with the wrong cut it can get that way. i love soft blunt ends.

25-10-2008
trendsetter

If you have wery thin,fine, straight hair, whats the 'best' cut to make it look voluminous?

27-10-2008
trendsetter

Has anyone tried Rene Furterer? I hear his hair care products works wonders on thin or thinning hair. I just ordered two of his products...the regenerating complexe 5 oil which helps promote healthy scalp with essential oils. With that your hair grows healthier, thicker, and longer. Plus I've read reviews on sephora, makeup alley, and amazon that the oil actually helps poeple with oily hair. His line is also for men not just for women. And then I bought his stimulating shampoo.

They are really expensive but I've just read so many great reviews I had to splurge!

I will update once I get the products!

28-10-2008
Adore You

my sister likes Bumble & Bumble thickening shampoo

02-11-2008
In Bloom

Has anyone tried Kerastase Volumactive? I might just go for it. My hair literally collapses after a couple of hours after I've washed it, and then it's just...flat.

we were in love

30-11-2009
rising star

Not to follow a question with a question, but has anyone tried the Shen Min stuff? I've seen it advertised, but I'm a bit wary. I tried Nioxin, and while it does work with new hair growth, the trade off for me is that it irritates the eczema on my scalp.

My hair thinned due to poor diet and it's starting to come back now after more than a year of eating healthy and taking supplements, but it's still not back to the (still thin) thicker version of prior years. I've been searching for something other than Rogaine to slap on my head, but so far, no luck.

16-02-2010
V.I.P.

oil your hair atleast twice a week.. massage it gently into ur scapl and wash it off after 2 hours.
castor oil gives best results for a lot of people.. try mustard oil too (smells horrid but its worked for many!)

V.I.P.

hahah thats sooo arab to oil the hair twice a week.
my grandma used to do mine when i was a kid every wednesday afternoon and i had the longest thickest hair ever.
but of course i ruined it with too many dye jobs and now it s thin and am trying to do the oil treatment but it takes time

16-02-2010
V.I.P.

lol wallah it works!!!

im 23 and i still do it!

o inti kaman.. i ruined mine KTEER..

(here's hoping u understand my dialect :p)

bas i use castor oil.. i stopped using mustard oil.. couldnt stand the smell.. coconut oil is gd too..

In Bloom

I just ordered Kerastase Volumactive Expansion Spray. Hope it works. I don't want my hair to be thicker, I want it to have more volume. I have lots of hair actually, but it's really fine, and it looks sooo flat when it's long. I haven't found a hair cut that allows me to have long hair and some volume too, it's one or the other

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fine, hair