How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2010
fashion elite

I've got a lot of fine hair and when I was younger it was long and such a pain.I've had it in a short pixie cut which gives it a lot more texture.Once or twice a week I massage olive oil in my scalp and let it sit overnight.
The best way to get texture for me is to shampoo in the evening and go to sleep with damp hair,authentic bed head! Then I use Bed Head by Tigi and play with it.

01-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I just ordered Kerastase Volumactive Expansion Spray. Hope it works. I don't want my hair to be thicker, I want it to have more volume. I have lots of hair actually, but it's really fine, and it looks sooo flat when it's long. I haven't found a hair cut that allows me to have long hair and some volume too, it's one or the other
oooh. please let me know if this works?
il try it out too then

backstage pass

Unfortunately I have very thin hair. And I don't know what to do to make them more thick.

scenester

^ i know me too

27-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Me View Post
Unfortunately I have very thin hair. And I don't know what to do to make them more thick.
Up thread, someone said caster oil worked well.

27-03-2010
rising star

I also have fine hair (not as fine as my mum's and sister's though, theirs really is like baby hair) and it's coloured.

I had lovely thick hair as a kid/teenager then dyeing it kind of ruined it.

I can't wear it long and coloured because it looks horrid and limp no matter what product I use and I hate that awkward growing out a short cut/colour phase. But I want different coloured hair to what I was born with. So for me it was a choice and I've chosen to have it cropped but coloured. Short hair suits me and my lifestyle so I'm happy with it but it'd be nice to have long, thick highlighted hair again.

Unfortunately you can't always get what you want!

07-04-2010
windowshopping

I have very fine hair but lots of it. The best volumizer hands down is Phytologie's PhytoVolum Actif. I've tried Bumble and Bumble's Thickening Spray. It works alright but can be a mess if you use to much and you MUST blow dry with it. I have also used Kerastase's volumizing line. I like the Kerastase but didn't feel like I was getting my money's worth.

08-04-2010
V.I.P.

I have thin/fine hair (but a lot of it) and right now I am trying Nioxin hair care to try and thicken up my hair. I've only been using it around 5 days so I can't say if I've noticed a difference yet. I'm thinking of trying out castor oil.

Fashion Designer

I have long fine hair but would like to have more volume, I have some long layers and i love the haircut, its really versatile but at the crown it just looks really flat. I don´t want to get shorter layers and definitely don´t like to blowdry my hair every single day. What type of product should I use? volumizing spray or mousse or what? totally clueless here.

12-03-2011
windowshopping

I have been doing the organic Keratin treatments, and they really put some substance into my fine hair. Although, I have been thinking of doing some phyto serum treatments to my scalp at the temples to make the hair grow more full in those areas.

12-03-2011
V.I.P.

I found that taking a silica supplement has helped a lot with adding strength and body to my hair. I also stopped all chemical treatment about a year ago and the difference is huge and I've come to actually love my natural color so much more.

As for adding volume I love the "Some like it hot" series by Tigi. I use their shampoo, conditioner and serum. It smells like heaven and makes my hair "come alive" as well as protecting it from sun damage. It also makes the styling so much easier.

Whatever you do, make sure to find a shampoo without sulfates. They are so harmful and drying the longer you use them.

Last edited by diesanni; 12-03-2011 at 04:20 PM.
17-03-2011
Riot Bug

If you dye it properly you can get a bit more of texture... but most of hair saloons tend to destroy thin hair without meaning it...
Never dye it on your own or try to bleach it too much... i did terrible things to my hair in the past but also really good things by dying it with proper experts.
I try to use lots of hair repairing and stuff like that... & cut it while need it...if not I have to cut it more later... since a hair damaged tends to spread up...

tullepen I really like Tigi products too!!!

backstage pass

I do now know about the hair products much, but you should try taking some pills , vichy has sth like this.
The 2nd thing, try curling your hair naturally, i mean, do a few buns for a night and in the morning they will be beautifylly wavy, just use the hairspray

08-09-2012
windowshopping

I've thin fine hair too. Kinda limp. It has a bit of volume after washing and drying of hair but as the day stretches, it just goes flat. And i love love love to tie my hair up so it does not get in the way of anything, so that makes things worst and i look bald. Help Help Help!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fine, hair