How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2010
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ thank you loonaka

i actually saw a girl who was rockin' the Two Tone at school today. she had jet black hair on top and bright orange on the bottom. i don't know if the orange was intentional but she styled / curled her hair nicely, so she was workin' it * snaps fingas *

01-12-2010
V.I.P.

If I ever go to cheap hair coloring land I'm bringing a picture of your hair kissablekae

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^

the receptionist / training hairdresser at my salon is doing the ombre look too. hers is subtle, she has medium brown hair with a bit of blonde, it's nice

though i had no intentions of doing two toned anything, i didn't go for the true ombre look because i really do want blonde around my face to brighten me up. if just my head shot was all brown, i would've been like what's the point? (for me). especially since my hair was so dark before, i really needed that sumin' sumin', ya know what i'm sayin'

02-12-2010
V.I.P.

I know what you mean
I can't wait till the dark brown color washes out now, but I don't think it will anytime soon...but at least I'll have 2 tone hair maybe this summer if I don't cut it

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

when my friends / family want their hair dye to stay dark, it fades. when i want my dye to fade, it doesn't or takes foreverrr! ahhh!

05-12-2010
V.I.P.

I think it has something to do with the bleaching of the hair before I dyed it dark brown^^ Makes the color last longer?

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ yep bleached hair is more porous, sometimes it sticks more and sometimes it's the opposite and it just won't hold color

21-12-2010
front row

do you guys like it on Rachel here? i like it,in a way subtle yet obvious...but i wonder does it look as cool when doing more sleeker,straight look rather than always doing curly look,also depends if your hair is layered or not i guess

forum.hr

21-12-2010
fashion icon

I love Rachel's hair! she pulls it off like no one else, her hair is just perfect

backstage pass

I love rachel's hair in that picture!!! i've been wanting to try the ombre hair for a long time now, but have just finally come around to plucking up the courage to do it. i think i may try it myself first, save a few bucks, but if disaster strikes then i can just have it fixed professionally.

i'm kind of worried though, my hair is naturally very dark brown, borderline black, but now it's dyed to a medium brown color...i'm wondering, if i put bleach on my dyed hair, will it go orange? does anyone know about this?

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin View Post

i'm kind of worried though, my hair is naturally very dark brown, borderline black, but now it's dyed to a medium brown color...i'm wondering, if i put bleach on my dyed hair, will it go orange? does anyone know about this?

Hard to say IMO, you may want to do a test strip, just to check.

23-12-2010
front row

I did it! After weeks of hesitation, I finally went to my hairdresser (BTW, they had never heard of this technique before...maybe because ombré hair is not as known in France as it is in the US). It took me a while to decide, because I have very dark hair, and this scared me a little... but seeing how dark Rachel Bilson or Lily Aldridge natural hair color is, I thought "Why not me!"

I finally quite like it, but I might try to go to another hairdresser soon who knows what is ombré hair and may have ideas on how to make it look better!

I adore Daphne Burki hair and style in general... I think ombré looks perfect on her. I didn't have the courage to go that extreme though (neither to cut my hair short ), in particular because I think her natural color is lighter than mine. But she is still one of my favorites!

(Source: Pure People (top) Garance Doré (bottom))

Last edited by miniris; 23-12-2010 at 06:41 PM.
23-12-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniris View Post
I did it! After weeks of hesitation, I finally went to my hairdresser (BTW, they had never heard of this technique before...maybe because ombré hair is not as known in France as it is in the US). It took me a while to decide, because I have very dark hair, and this scared me a little... but seeing how dark Rachel Bilson or Lily Aldridge natural hair color is, I thought "Why not me!"

I finally quite like it, but I might try to go to another hairdresser soon who knows what is ombré hair and may have ideas on how to make it look better!

It looks awesome!

24-12-2010
front row

Thank you dauphine

It actually looks way better now that I washed my hair home, because my hair are naturally very wavy, and I think the ombré looks better when it's "messy".

After a few days, I can say that I don't regret it at all!

29-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
Hard to say IMO, you may want to do a test strip, just to check.
I can't believe i didn't think of this!! haha thanks

Tags
hair, tone