How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-12-2010
Riot Bug

Rachel hairdo is pretty well done... not overblonde... I think also it suits her looots

miniris I think your hair looks just FAB!! Well done!

31-12-2010
V.I.P.

At this time next year I'll have two tone hair If I haven't cut my hair that is

V.I.P.

i rember that was in couple years ago, too. but to me it looks more like someone forgot to dye their roots.

V.I.P.

That's probably how this look was created

trendsetter

I remember it being sort of popular in the late nineties, the NYT even went to far as to write a thing in the style section about it. It was attributed to Sex and the City at the time, 'Carrie' always had about 4 inches of roots, but I don't know that the trend made it that far inland from NYC. You know?

03-01-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think I've seen anyone with this kind of hair coloring in Norway, but then again I don't look that much at ppl's hair

Riot Bug

My hair is two tone now definitive... and involuntary just happens...

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
my backwards two tone hair it wasn't intentional but it may as well be.
Oh wow! You are officially my new hair goal.!

Resentfully, though - I'm stuck with dark roots because my hair was dyed black for years, but I'm a natural dark blond and want to wear my hair natural now. So my stylist bleached the hell out of it and the result is somewhat of a dark auburn, even with toner It might now be healed enough that I could go back for another bleaching ...

But before my black phase I had the two-tone thing happening with grown-out highlights, I think!

Natural to to
my webcam(s)

ANYWAYS now since I'm resigned to this horrific process of growing out this dark brunette, perhaps I'll try for a two-tone faded look! It looks awesome on you, kissablekae.

oh! darling

Yup, just let it grow out and eventually it'll appear two-toned. That's how I managed it.

xx

lanakau, thank you

you look great with both light and dark hair so i think it would work on you! it's good to take advantage of this trend of roots

oh i know what you mean, i dyed it dark brown twice. the second time it was pretty much black. so i went from black pretty much to those photos. i highlighted again since them. it's still reverse ombre but less dark brown pieces on the bottom.

i'll be in the salon in about two weeks or something like that. i think i'm going to dye it all over dark ash blonde but still bleach out the dark brown pieces. it'll still probably have the reverse ombre effect but not as dramatic as before

07-01-2011
V.I.P.

wow you like great with both light and dark hair lanakau

front row

mine (sorry about the poor quality photo)

source:my facebook

07-01-2011
trendsetter

it looks really good,
my hair is not long enough I think to do two-tone really well.
Hopefully by the summer.

07-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanakau View Post
Oh wow! You are officially my new hair goal.!

Resentfully, though - I'm stuck with dark roots because my hair was dyed black for years, but I'm a natural dark blond and want to wear my hair natural now. So my stylist bleached the hell out of it and the result is somewhat of a dark auburn, even with toner It might now be healed enough that I could go back for another bleaching ...

But before my black phase I had the two-tone thing happening with grown-out highlights, I think!

ANYWAYS now since I'm resigned to this horrific process of growing out this dark brunette, perhaps I'll try for a two-tone faded look! It looks awesome on you, kissablekae.
sucks it sounds like she botched the lightening process. i do my own hair and had it black for a long time (i used permanent feria haircoloring) but there's a product called 'colorzap' that works great to get the black out and provide a nice base color to play around with. i just did my hair ombre'd.....i need to go back in with bleach as i wanted the bottoms a wee bit lighter, but im doing it in stages since i have naturally dark brown hair. here's a pic i did the other nite:

i'd love to get it like this gals hair though:

first pic my own, second i think from satoralist
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all camera december 2010 389.jpg (290.4 KB, 343 views)
File Type: jpg ROredgrnw.jpg (11.4 KB, 345 views)

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

Last edited by jun3machina; 07-01-2011 at 11:01 PM.
11-01-2011
front row

I love everyone's two-tone hairstyles that they've posted....have major envy and may take the plunge next week

Emily Blunt, Lea Michele and Elle Macpherson

(Macpherson from heatworld.com, Blunt from celebsalon.sheknows.com and Michele from dailymakeover.com)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, tone