How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2011
oh! darling

Rumi on Fashion Toast has great two tone!

fashiontoast.com

Last edited by papa_levante; 06-05-2011 at 11:59 PM.

07-05-2011
trendsetter

She's the queen of two tone!

07-05-2011
fashion insider

I cant see the pic right now, but last time i saw it i thought it was too blonde on the tips. :/
I went to the hairdressers with a pic and the lady said it would cost 52€.. I went back to get it done and it was an other hairdresser there and she told me it would cost 92€ because they had to do a color first then work in some highlights. So i finally didnt get it done.

Can someone explain to me how its done?? So i can explain what i want... People here dont get it done and the hairdressers never understand what i mean when i say ombre style. --'
Posted via Mobile Device

07-05-2011
backstage pass

I recently had my hair done ombre and I don't know if I'll ever go back! I don't even care if it;s "out", it suits me so much because I have naturally dark/ash blonde hair so the ends are just super light, no root touch-up, and i've never been that pristine highlights every six weeks kind of girl anyway.

With me, the stylist did it all free hand pretty much. First he extended my roots longer (as I had been growing them out for awhile) and toned them to be slightly warmer as opposed to ash. He put a few highlights right in front of my face with foils, and then took the brush and free-hand painted on blonde in parts he thought it would look best. It's been almost 2 months and have NO idea when I would even need a touch up! May go back in a month or so to get some more lightening on the ends but we'll see! It's just so wearable for me and flattering IMO. the best hair I've ever had

07-05-2011
trendsetter

^I'm really curious to see how it looks! Would you mind posting a pic?

07-05-2011
backstage pass

of course you have to bear with me, i don't have a digital camera currently this shows the night it was first done, the contrast isn't completely accurate... it's not that yellow looking!

i can try and take one in better lighting with my camera phone tomorrow seriously though, this guy was the best stylist i've ever gone to and i've never been so happy leaving a salon either

07-05-2011
trendsetter

It looks good!

08-05-2011
trendsetter

^^Thank you! It looks really good, very natural! I'm thinking about having it done too, but very very subtle because my hair is quite light already.

08-05-2011
V.I.P.

I love Rumi's hair!

Here's a good exapmle for how two-tone shouldn't be done! There's barely any transition from that almost black hair to the blonde part on Vanessa Hudgens. It looks awful, IMO.

justjared

08-05-2011
trendsetter

I hope for her sake that those are extensions.

08-05-2011
front row

not the most flattering makeup either....

09-05-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

teenagexvanity, i'm sure it looks amazing in person your hair always looks pretty in the photos i've seen

psylocke, i agree. they look like the traditional harsh(b/c of the high contrast) peek-a-boo highlights that have always been around, there is no gradient fading. if that photo is new, it's probably extensions

10-05-2011
fashion insider

thank you teenagexvanity! (and thanks again miniris )
I went to a different salon, the owner is a friend and he told me that he would try. I showed him pictures and he figured he should do it through highlights ("Balayage") so i'll bring all of your info and we'll test this out! :p fingers crossed it goes well... (I'm a hair catastrophe!) (I can't wait though!!)

10-05-2011
backstage pass

Thanks everyone! I tried taking this with my phone by myself but it proved harder than I thought haha.. but hopefully this shows the colour a bit better!

10-05-2011
fashion insider

your colorist brushed it in?? It's really nice.
I started thinking about it last night... If mine does it through balayage/highlights there still will be some dark at the end no?
I went around the net to check out Technics, and some peole color a part of their lengths, then color it again but a few inches lower and that as many times as you want until you get a light enough blonde at the tips...?
Your thoughts?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, tone