How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

Well I think the way billie's hair is styled here it does look fake though I have very little doubt it's real. She just had a baby and all that so I would imagine that she is just letting it grow out.

09-09-2009
i'm almost ready..

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
^Can I ask what you think that depends on? Like, on Billie, it's not all that noticeable but in the first photo posted of her, the lighting and quality of the photo makes it look atrocious. On Megan, I can't decide either way. I think it depends on the shade you are going for. For one thing, dark brown and a peroxide blond would clearly not work,
i think firstly, definitely, the hair style has to be pretty natural and low maintenance to be able to pull it off.. when the hair is overly blown dry or straightened, too manicured etc i think it instantly looks fake. i agree with you that the contrast can't be too great either.. dark brown and very white blonde makes it look cheap.

and the lighting and quality of the photo might not be great but to be honest i think it looks the same in every picture of her.. and i think it has more to do with the other qualities of her personal appearance than the lighting.. she has a lot of makeup on, she looks very 'done', and that instantly ruins this look for me.. what's the point in having all that makeup on, having your hair overly styled, and then making it look like you're so effortless and low maintenance with your style that you've casually let your roots grow in?. that's not cool...that's weird. :p

i just think you need to be very natural to make it work.. so that it seems authentic.. you know, like you spent a lot of time in the sun or didn't have the money to get your roots done because you spent all your money on traveling or on a great vintage accordion or something.. or maybe you just simply forgot because you have other things to do than get your hair done at the same time every month..

the full face of makeup and overly manicured appearance doesn't work here.. it makes you look like a stripper at worst, or like you're trying extremely hard at best. phew ! that was lengthy..

10-09-2009
the crying of humanity

It's safe to say this two tone hair isn't natural...

dailymail.co.uk

Last edited by seanutbutter; 10-09-2009 at 11:10 PM.
10-09-2009
front row

[QUOTE=seanutbutter;6134227]It's safe to say this two tone hair isn't natural...

looks like a wig

11-09-2009
Riot Bug

I know i look a bit weird but i kind of like it!:p

V.I.P.

It kinda looks like she's dipped the ends of her hair in a paint tin.

windowshopping

Lily Aldridge works the two tone... Totally taking this photo to the hairdressers...and i'm not ashamed to say it

zimbio.com

13-09-2009
trendsetter

I adore Lilys hair

14-09-2009
windowshopping

I dont mind drews hair,, i think its the cut that makes it look a bit weird because its too blocked at the bottom ... If it was more straggly i say it would look really good...

I find it funny aussies call two toned hair 'the pip' I've heard of frosted Tips and Dip Dye but not Pip..great

14-09-2009
i'm almost ready..

yikes, drew. i read that her hairdresser just dipped the ends of her hair into black dye. i hate the way it looks but i have to admire drew, she has guts and i like that she does what pleases her.

14-09-2009
V.I.P.

I actually have three-toned hair-it's more the way that it is layered. When I got it coloured (hair modeling, yay), they took the top part and did that as a bleach/tone, then a part below that and did it as a toffee colour, and then the bottom is a dark, dark brown-darker than my eyebrows, actually. It's a different sort of thing but I love it.

18-09-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
I actually have three-toned hair-it's more the way that it is layered. When I got it coloured (hair modeling, yay), they took the top part and did that as a bleach/tone, then a part below that and did it as a toffee colour, and then the bottom is a dark, dark brown-darker than my eyebrows, actually. It's a different sort of thing but I love it.
Trista..Your hair sounds epic... you totally have to post a picture... :p

18-09-2009
trendsetter

Lily's hair is beautiful! I dont know about Drew. Her hair looks awful.

30-09-2009
V.I.P.

I believe this is called color melting.
I love Lily Aldridge and Isabels the best for brunettes..
Does anyone have more images?

30-09-2009
V.I.P.

I think Daria W had the best two tone hair colour....until I noticed Lily Adridge!
she looks absolutely freaking wonderful when she had lighter coloured hair in two tone, like in post #25
I really gonna take that picture at hairdresser...ets see how it will turn out!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, tone