How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2004
backstage pass

Unusual Hair Colors
Has anyone here tried any sort of temporary hair dye in funkier colors like blue, red, or pink? I'm thinking of something that should fade within a few days or weeks. I think I saw an ad for something like this, but I'm not sure.

Do they work? What brands exist and which are best? Do they fade properly with washing or do they leave a tinge of the color in your hair for a long time that has to grow out? Do they strip or damage your hair?

I would like to dye my (naturally ash blonde) hair some fun color, but I don't want to deal with growing out the color when I get tired of it. I also think that my parents might actually permit me to do it if the dye were temporary. Can anyone help me?

06-06-2004
backstage pass

I hope there aren't any other threads on this. I looked for a little while, but I couldn't find anything.

07-06-2004
V.I.P.

I was actually looking into this some time ago and apparently you have to bleach your hair to get the colour to even show up. Otherwise the tone will just be kind of muted. Bleaching does wreak your hair though... Although, it might work better with blond hair like yours. As for the fading thing, it depends on the dye, but the colour will probably come out after a couple of washes.
Another tip- experiment with a couple of wigs before you pick a colour.

07-06-2004
offline.

ManicPanic?

07-06-2004
backstage pass

Manicpanic.com is an intersting site, but I was hoping to find a product that is less permanent--preferably something that would wash out within about a week. I don't know whether this exists as I imagine it, though. I saw some random ad for temporary hair colors, but I may have misunderstood the time in which they would wash out.

07-06-2004
tfs star

Manic Panic didn't work for me at all. I use a kind called special effects, which is available at most Hot Topics (That's the only reason I set foot in that place.....)

backstage pass

How long does the 'special effects' color last? Your hair looked awesome in the picture thread. :punk:

07-06-2004
tfs star

dankeshon. Special effects usually lasts about a month or so (it's hard to tell because I am so very lazy and do not bleach between colors. ) Good luck with your adventures in hairdye!

& b

Quote:
Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Jun 7th, 2004 - 11:10 pm
Manic Panic didn't work for me at all. I use a kind called special effects, which is available at most Hot Topics (That's the only reason I set foot in that place.....)
Im using Special effects right now, in Atomic pink, and it's preety decent .... hot pink stripes on my head is the new black

V.I.P.

Spiker Colors, lasts one wash, can be found at mall salons and Trade Secret.

I've never tried it, but have thought about it.

14-08-2004
The mod squad

Quote:
Originally posted by eloes@Jun 7 2004, 10:56 PM
http://www.manicpanic.com
Yaikes!

rising star

"Weird" Hair Colors
a lot of people i know (my boyfriend included) love to dye their hair colors that don't fall into the blonde/red head/brunette catagories and i was just wondering what everyone here thinks about hair colors that aren't so mainstream like pink. black, orange, etc... do you guys think its imature or just self expression. i'm a brunette most of the time and sometimes blonde and i would never color my hair a crazy color but i was just wondering what everyone else's opinions are...

28-04-2006
scenester

i think when someone has a natural haircolor all over except the bottom layer of their hair is dyed something like pink, red, blue, or purple...whatever...then it looks really awsm. i don't think it's a look that everyone can pull off, though.

28-04-2006
V.I.P.

I LOVE it when it is a block all over colour. No streaks. I HATE streaks even natural highlights.

28-04-2006
tfs star

i love unnatural hair colours. i've had a few. i wouldn't call black an unnatural hair colour though. i've given up on dying mine though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
colors, hair, unusual