How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2012
windowshopping

Vidal Sassoon Demo Model?
Hello, everyone. i lurk here a lot but am always hesitant to post.

Background:
Earlier this week, i had my hair cut for the first time at the Vidal Sassoon Academy. i had an overgrown pixie cut when i arrived, and i showed the instructor a older picture of Cecilia Mendez so she knew approximately what i wanted. The haircut took a long time, but i liked how thoroughly the student & instructor (who was already an Aveda hairstylist - he just wanted more training) inspected my hair. i was very happy with the results. The cut suits me so well, and has all the features of Cecilia's cut that i wanted. And only $5! Maybe i will post some pictures later when i find my camera (i just moved).

My question:
When i arrived for the cut, the woman at the desk immediately told me i would be a good demo model. <- that was my face! i wasn't sure what that entailed, but she said it was just an instructor cutting hair in front of a group of students (as opposed to having a student work under the direction of the instructor). She wrote it down by my name & said we could work that out next time i came in. i still have no idea why they would want me, except i guess people have always said that short hair works well with my features.

Has anyone been a demo model before? What was it like? i had always been scared of Vidal Sassoon because i like a sweet, young, almost boyish pixie and VS designs - at least in pictures - tend to be more modern/sexy. But i did really like my cut...
If it matters, this is the VS Academy in Chicago.

Thank you for any input you have! Obviously i have some time to decide.

17-10-2012
tfs star

I have been. Last time I went my hair was apparently the right length for a new cut they were demo-ing.
It's OK. It's free, I liked the cut but OMG you're sat for a looooong time. I know you expect to be there a long time with VS but demo-ing takes even longer. Maybe because I was cut and colour? Also, the students like to take a lot of photos at the end, they run up with their combs and inspect the cut. It's a bit strange but everyone was really lovely.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
demo, model, sassoon, vidal