How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-02-2004
windowshopping

Wavy Styles
Does any1 know how people get their hair so that it is really thin an kinda wavy - not curly but kinda really loose waves which are kinda like moused into thin strands. I haven't got a picture but I will try 2 get one asap! If any1 has a pic can U put it on. Does any1 know? Thanx

03-02-2004
backstage pass

most of the girls i know who get this look just throw some mouse or something on after they wash there hair and let it air dry and its all flowy and pretty once it dries. but . . . their hair is naturally like that

04-02-2004
fashion insider

the trick is to use wax.
rub it in and mess it up.
I had that style before.

23-02-2004
front row

What I do is right after I get out of the shower, I towel dry my hair, throw some mousse and some Aveda Be Curly cream in it, and scrunch it until it's only damp. Then I spray some hairspray in it and I'm good to go I don't like this look a whole lot, but it's great on those lazy days when I don't feel like blow drying and straightening my hair

23-02-2004
Proponent of Plaid

When my hair was still long, I'd do it in a big, loose braid while it was damp, then undo the braid when it dried, and voila loose pre-Raphaelite waves. The underside of my hair does this naturally, so essentially I was getting all of my hair to do the same thing. I'd tweak the end of the braid a little bit with a large barrel curling iron before I un-braided it all.

V.I.P.

, As You Like It, not every girl has your long and fairy tale fair
But I'd like to know too how to get the hair like that...

01-05-2004
windowshopping

I have hair to about my shoulders and I want to just want it to be wavy with out frizz or cruch that gel sometimes causes. Does anyone know of any good products to use. Right now i use John frieda's Beach Blonde but it seems my hair becomes more curly than wavy. I also need to cut down on friz because im using John Friedas hair serum and its not working to well.

01-05-2004
seagreen serenades

This isn't any help I know, but I wonder why you use John Frieda's Beach Blonde when you say yourself you're knot blonde

01-05-2004
tgp
fashion elite

for cutting down on frizz, try Glass from Redken. Not sure about the wavy thing.

02-05-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@May 1st, 2004 - 7:49 pm
This isn't any help I know, but I wonder why you use John Frieda's Beach Blonde when you say yourself you're knot blonde
I am blonde my user name is just a joke...but the beach blonde is supoosed to make your hair look like u just came from the beach with the wavy look.

02-05-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Hah, we could do a swap! I have to straighten the waves out of my hair...

Adorable illusion

I think you should use mousse before you blow dry your hair to make the waves stay longer

02-05-2004
backstage pass

i just started the using frederic fekkai's smoothing cream...works well in smoothing down frizz and in defining waves...although you are going to have to manually define ways as well by twisting it (or braiding it) when its wet..but try that out...also phytodefrisant works well as well but i prefer fekkai's smoothing cream becuase its lighter

Don't blame me: I'm From Massachusetts

At least It Ain't Bush '08
02-05-2004
Vision of Paradise

keihls creme with silk groom works well to cut down frizz. as sugerpea mentioned, try twisting or braiding your hair for frizzless waves.

i sugest after you shampoo/condition use a bit of whatever product you are using on wet hair, then braid. keep braids in overnight , undo braids in the morning, it should stay all day and cut down on frizz.

backstage pass

i just went in to my stylist the other day with the same question and i got a couple great bumble&bumble products you should try out.. they have a "curl creme" you put on when your hair is still wet and it has enzymes that promotes your hair to curl up more and maintain its wave, then you air dry or diffuse, then put on any silicone based glossing creme (most lines have one) to defrizz and add shine.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
styles, wavy