How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2014
V.I.P.

Moisture Extreme Shampoo, Smooth Cream and Elasticizer, all by Philip Kingsley.

Elasticizer is really good!.

11-08-2014
tfs star

Invisibobble hair ties. There's no way this would hold my hair up in a ponytail so they're pretty much useless to me.

pinterest.com

20-08-2014
V.I.P.

ICON India Oil.

08-10-2014
V.I.P.

Deep Steep, Daily Repairing Shampoo and Daily Repairing Conditioner (iHerb).

4 Weeks Ago
windowshopping

Just ordered more Pro Naturals Hair Repair System.

1 Week Ago
tfs star

L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist Reinforcing shampoo and conditioner

jessicaroseturner.co.uk

6 Days Ago
fashion insider

^I don't understand shampoos. They all seem to do the same (clean your har), yet there are 300 different L'oreal shampoos. Some of them so smell better than others

3 Days Ago
tfs star

^And that is all there is, pretty much. This Finnish blogger, who`s really acquainted with the chemistry and ingredients behind the products, once compared incs of few different shampoos which were advertised each to have different impact on hair. Well, there were small indifferences in the ingredients, but nothing which was supposed to make those advertised promises to happen. Basically the qualities are the same in all the products. The biggest difference between cheaper and more expensive shampoos is that cheaper ones include more water and therefore you need to use them more at once, and they deplete faster.

Sometimes they really add something like Keratin in to the products, but it really doesn`t make any difference since the hair can`t "suck it in" from its surface. The smoothing effect is almost always from silicones, it is the easiest and cheapest way to sleek the hair. Of course cosmetic companies like to tell about fancy oils and stuff they add in their products, but most of the time there are so small percent those particular ingredients it doesn`t make any difference.

But still, I am always the one for trying new bottles when I see them, always looking for the perfect product. It`s just fun. But it is good to keep in mind in cosmetic industry advertising is everything and take the promises with the grain of salt. As most of women do, we just love our beautiful cans

3 Days Ago
fashion insider

^Any chance the Finnish blogger blogged in english? I wouldn't mind reading that! Thank you for your post

3 Days Ago
tfs star

Unfortunately she writes in Finnish. Usually I`m not very interested in blogs, but her posts are so interesting. Her reviews are very insightful and objective, but at the same time she is so delightfully and sincerely enthusiastic about the cosmetic world. You can find her blog here http://karkkipaiva.indiedays.com/, maybe if you knew a good online translator, you could be able to read it?

I just realized I propably sound like I am promoting my own blog here, but I am not Her posts just immediately crossed my mind when I read your shampoo comment, eizhowa.

And I have gone so off topic, at first I was meant to write I bought Loreals Extraordinary Oil shampoo and conditioner. I just washed my hair by them, and I may notice a slight difference in my hair, hopefully due to the "Extraordinary Oil", my hair feels really soft, sleek but very clean. Nice basic shampoo for winter hair.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
buy, hair, products, today