How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
Nouvelle Vague,that is the colour that I am going tomorrow! Have you done it before? Cos you'll either love it on yourself,or not.
No, I haven't ever gone that colour before, which is why I'm scared. I have medium brown hair with a sort of gingery/amber colour through it at the moment, but it pretty much looks just brown unless it catches the light.

I love Florence's hair though at the moment, so I have come up with a solution. I think I will dye it the colour in this photo of her below, because it is less vibrant and then see if it suits me and if it does, then I will dye it the colour in the other photo, that you are going tomorrow.

last.fm

You are so lucky to be going the same colour as Florence tomorrow! I wish I was, but I think I will wait a few more weeks before I dye my hair, just to make sure I really want it to be that colour.

Last edited by Nouvelle_Vague; 09-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.

10-01-2010
fashion icon

Naturally my hair is black,but I've gone a very ginger colour before,and I really liked it on myself. would you get it done in a salon? Cos in the past I have sometimes just used a home hair dye,and even though it never comes out as bright as the shade shown on the box (because my hair is so dark) it can be a nice and easy way to get used to having a different colour without it being too in your face if you're really not sure about it. I think the photo of her that you posted above could also be a nice introduction to auben/reddish hair

Didn't get it done today because I stupidly forgot I had to work,but off to get it done tomorrow.

10-01-2010
front row

I think I will have to go to a salon to get it done, because my hair is a darker colour at the moment than hers, so I will probably need to get it lightened and then coloured, which I don't want to attempt to do that myself as I can see it being a recipe for disaster, even though I do dye my own hair at the moment.

Have fun getting your hair done tomorrow!

10-01-2010
backstage pass

My hair is a crazy long mess at the moment. I haven't had a real cut in about a year. I'm planning to take off about 5-6 inches and get it layered around my face. I also want cute bangs. It's a faded shade of dyed red now. It just looks like I have naturally ginger hair. I want it more copper and bright.

This is the cut I want maybe a bit longer

hayleybait.tumblr.com/

Last edited by larien; 24-02-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Improper credit
12-01-2010
unspecified

i am always changing my hair and it's been a year since i've touched it, nevertheless, i'm growing it. now i can actually braid it, and it's so much fun! i'm growing it all i can last without doing anything to it, when i'm tired, i'll make a long full bang a la abbey lee (that girl has THE best hair!), keep growing it, when i'm tired of that, i'll dye it light orange (attempting to look natural)-a la vlada and keep growing it until i'm really fed up, and then, chop it mercyless.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
19-02-2010
Riot Bug

black to brunette or back to be ultrablondish... im totally undecided... also about back to going with fringe or kinda short it out...
some past samples...

scenester

I am letting my hair grow to my waist. It's now below my bra-strap and I'm not going to cut it until July. I do go through my hair and cut off split ends.
Then when it's long enough I will get layers cut in and long side bangs.

I have dyed my (previously virgin darkblonde/mousy brown) hair dark brown twice over the past 4 months using washout/temporary dye. I like the darker look and people have complimented me a lot, but I'm also thinking that going back to my natural color and then lightening it a bit would look nice for spring/summer. (I was very blonde up until I was 15 years old) but I don't want to damage my hair.... maybe I'll just go back to my natural color or keep the dark.

21-02-2010
rising star

dude i need a haircut, forreals

22-02-2010
Riot Bug

thinking about this blondie back but shorter...

THE STRANGER

I'm getting my hair straightened and dyed jet black. Tired of these black roots growing out over red hair...

21-04-2010
trendsetter

still trying to grow my hair! taking so damn long lol. But hopefully by the end of the year my hair will be long pass my shoulders. Then im going to dye it a chocolate brown color and just let it grow some more. Im reaching for long sexy hair!

22-04-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
I'm getting my hair straightened and dyed jet black. Tired of these black roots growing out over red hair...
YES! It will look so fierce! Straight and shiny...yum!

I can't afford a trim until 2011

we were in love

22-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post

I can't afford a trim until 2011
I so know what you mean..I don't even want to think about how much it would cost if I had colored my hair at a salon(spl)

front row

I'm going to go a little shorter in the back (maybe about two inches below my chin), and am going to add more layers, with the sides being a tad shorter. I haven't had a haircut in so long! It's going to be a gift to myself after my last exam.

23-04-2010
trendsetter

Green Hair!

dirtylittlestylewhore @ tumblr/somethingdeeper @ xanga/fatedtopretend

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair