How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2010
trendsetter

GROWING IT OUT! I got it cut in January and asked for layers around my face, thinking that the stylist would 1) start the layers around my cheek/chin or 2) ask me where I wanted the layers to start. Instead she just started cutting the layers AT MY EYES. >=(

10-06-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
A friend of mine is a hair stylist and she's doing my hair for free I'm having my ends trimmed, refreshed my layers and maybe shortened it a bit at the front. And she's adding reflexes (not highlights...don't know how to explain it properly, but it adds shine). YUM.
Got all of it done, looks AMAZING It has been a long time since I'ce felt that good about my hair.

we were in love

16-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Sea View Post
I love red hair

I'd like to grow my hair out and start curling it like this
flickr/rosewithoutathorn84
I loved her hair in this movie! (actually I just loved everything about this movie)

V.I.P.

Quote:
originally posted by McClaire

Cut it one shoulder length and dye it deep red. I'm super excited.
Seriously, that is like my dream hair! I allways wanted red hair but at the moment with my so damaged hair I would propably loose all my hair.
Shoulder lenght or long red hair post pictures when you get it!

Quote:
originally posted by Bella Lass 334

GROWING IT OUT! I got it cut in January and asked for layers around my face, thinking that the stylist would 1) start the layers around my cheek/chin or 2) ask me where I wanted the layers to start. Instead she just started cutting the layers AT MY EYES. >=(
:/ I have been there also. It sucks and I allways hope I would have opened my mouth and asked ``what on earth are you doing?´´. From that moment I allways say clearly what I wan´t and bring picture with me! Anyway, hair grow out pretty fast even tough it do not allways feel like so.

Last edited by Jenna-maria; 21-06-2010 at 08:50 PM.
21-06-2010
V.I.P.

My hair at the moment is like Ashley Olsen hair in this picture:

mary-kateandashleyimeges

Definetly don´t wanna it to be shorter, so I just gonna have little some layers so it do not look just so flat. Also I wanna have full fringes (right word), like Diane Birch have here:

musingsofahouswife

I will keep my hair dark brown, but eventually I wanna start colouring it to red or even red-ish. I will start it for putting blonde highlights all over my hair.

tfs star

Im currently putting in a platinum panel above my left ear.
I dont know, Im bored.

23-06-2010
V.I.P.

I think I want to go back to my original color, but I'm not sure yet...I haven't had this color for that long

front row

I'm getting it chopped so it sits just above my shoulders and I'm going to get it uplighted. I'll probably not get my fringe trimmed the next time I go to the hairdressers, so it starts to grow out... but I do like having it. I don't know if I should stick with the fringe... it does suit me, but...

fashion icon

growing it out, for the 3rd time in 3 years. everytime i said this i went and got my hair cut. but this time im for real.
gonna do rollers or sock rolls to give it a messy curl look.

23-06-2010
V.I.P.

hairdresser tottally fu*cked up my hair.
but after crying 6 hours over it I am starting to see good sides of the hair.

front row

Re-dying it red tomorrow. The colour doesn't stay vibrant for very long though

25-06-2010
backstage pass

My hair is currently a faded ginger shade with longish side-swept bangs.

Next time I get it done I'm doing a cute sleek Katy Perry cut like here with short bangs. I want ones that can be worn down over my eyes or swept to the side.

As for the color I'm going for a bright Hayley Williams copper shade. Really bright for summer.

gallery.pmoreonline.com
katypix.com

25-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
hairdresser tottally fu*cked up my hair.
but after crying 6 hours over it I am starting to see good sides of the hair.
Oh No! What happened?
I once went to a hairdresser to donate my hair to locks of love (a charity that makes wigs out of real hair for people suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis) and I kept telling her only 10 inches NOT the whole thing. She didn't know how long 10 inches was so she had to get a ruler and since I didn't want her to mess up I said why don't you cut 11 inches to be safe (my hair was reeeeeally long). First she didn't know how to just cut it, so she put it in pigtails and then she hacked at it with scissors! By the end I had almost no hair left. I had a pixie cut and cried all the way home. I told her to just leave it but she wanted to fix it and she made it worse. I tried to console myself by saying it'll grow and it's for charity but I still cried the rest of the day.

And yes I will post pics as soon as I get it done but I am growing out my bangs a little before I dye it red.

V.I.P.

I'm freaked out by hair dressers where I live..they never cut my hair the way I want it and they never care about what I say. I'm not sure of what I want to do with my hair next..I feel like it's too early to do anything new since it's only a month since I colored my hair. I'm thinking of either going back to my original color which is black/dark dark brown or coloring it pastel pink...haha what to do what to do..

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by McClair

Oh No! What happened?
I once went to a hairdresser to donate my hair to locks of love (a charity that makes wigs out of real hair for people suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis) and I kept telling her only 10 inches NOT the whole thing. She didn't know how long 10 inches was so she had to get a ruler and since I didn't want her to mess up I said why don't you cut 11 inches to be safe (my hair was reeeeeally long). First she didn't know how to just cut it, so she put it in pigtails and then she hacked at it with scissors! By the end I had almost no hair left. I had a pixie cut and cried all the way home. I told her to just leave it but she wanted to fix it and she made it worse. I tried to console myself by saying it'll grow and it's for charity but I still cried the rest of the day.

And yes I will post pics as soon as I get it done but I am growing out my bangs a little before I dye it red.
I am sorry about your hair. How long ago that happened? I cannot believe she did not know how to cut your hair. Are you sure she was professional *hahah* because it sounds like she clearly was not!
Oh I wanna have red hair also, but I try to grow my hair little longer so it would look better.

My horrible hairdresser story:

Well, I said that I wanna keep my hair long
[my hair was longer than in the Ashley pic I posted]
and she can only cut the bad endings.
[I havent had that long hair for years and I was soooo happy that finally it is over my shoulders!!!!!]
Well, she was cutting and cutting and one moment I said to her that ENOUGH, DO NOT CUT IT ANYMORE and guess what? she chopped off a huge lenght of my hair off, even tough I told her NOT TO! why on earth she did not listen what I said??
Even tough people might think it is not such a big change but it was huge change for me because I was so proud that my hair was getting so long. Last year I had horrible hairdresser also, she did cut suuuuuuuper short hair for me even tough I said clearly that I am growing it out. I will never ever go to hairdresser again. Only thing she did cut well was my bangs and my hair looks fuller but I just cannot get over how ``short´´ it is now.

Actually my hair is pretty much like this (with bangs)

studded hearts

Sorry all this rambling!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair